Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM #26
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Well, there's no way of proving it one way or another I suppose, so there's no point arguing about it.

I admit that what she's doing isn't new to English music as she said it was although I do think it's new to the X Factor. As far as I can remember there hasn't been any act on there before who can combine rapping and singing, other than maybe Miss Frank.

I'd say there's been a few with an (alleged) bad attitude; Nicolo, Aidan, Matt, even One Direction have come across as quite arrogant to me. Katie wasnt arrogant at all.
Nah, no point arguing, I agree.

Again though, I don't think Cher when she mentions 'her type of music' is referring specifically to the XFactor. I do truly think she thinks she has invented something utterly unheard of.

Lots of the contestants appear to be far more humble than Cher - but given that Cowell and Cole have been hammering home the 'act like a Diva' message to everyone, it's hardly surprising some of them may get a bit uppity.

My dislike of Cher is that she came across that way very early on, and has steadily and progressively, become more arrogant with each passing week. Mind you, I'm not likely to say anything else in all fairness! But I suspect you'll have guessed that ! Lol
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
Again though, I don't think Cher when she mentions 'her type of music' is referring specifically to the XFactor. I do truly think she thinks she has invented something utterly unheard of
Snarl Doggy Dog, LL Cher Bomb, Lil Offkey Lloyd. The fun you can have with a Rap Name Generator
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:50 PM #28
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
Snarl Doggy Dog, LL Cher Bomb, Lil Offkey Lloyd. The fun you can have with a Rap Name Generator
ROFLMAO.

You're not right in the head are you... LOL !!!!

I love it !!

Last edited by Pyramid*; 05-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:50 PM #29
i know, you know.

i know, you know.

I have no idea what this is about, just doing a favour for the 666 phobics out there. :x

zotler. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 PM #30
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zotler. View Post
I have no idea what this is about, just doing a favour for the 666 phobics out there. :x
LOL. I noticed when you hit 666 and thought... oh oh. !!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM #31
i know, you know.

i know, you know.

Quote:
LOL. I noticed when you hit 666 and thought... oh oh. !!
I don't even watch X Factor, it was just the first none 'Chat and Games' thread I saw, haha! I'll leave the thread now, sorry for taking away from the topic.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:57 PM #32
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
I don't even watch X Factor, it was just the first none 'Chat and Games' thread I saw, haha! I'll leave the thread now, sorry for taking away from the topic.
That probably makes you smarter than the rest of us put together!!

Don't be daft..... 666 is the number of the beast. Not too far away from my own thoughts on the Chav, so personally speaking, I'd say you were bang on topic.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 05-12-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM #33
i know, you know.

i know, you know.

Oh man, I don't believe we've met. I'm Zoe, and you, you are extremely awesome.

However, while I'm here I may as well give my opinion of Cher! From what I've seen (or rather, heard), she's a dreadful vocalist. This is why I don't watch X Factor.

Last edited by zotler.; 05-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:09 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Favourites (more):

I think the problems for Cher after last night are the following:

1) Dannii is a judge, whether she liked what she said or not, it is her view and she has to respect that and behave accordingly on the show.

2) Cher's most popular performance to date is Stay. She was happy to sing it when she was in the bottom two and not rap - hmm - hypocrisy. Last night was about doing 2 contrasting performances not two of the same.

3) Her age is not an excuse - we have had other contestants who have been younger or a similar age who haven't shown such disrespect/lack of manners. She has developed the wrong attitude.

4) Her delusion that she is going to change English music - rap has been around since the early 80's and the UK since early 90's. There are better and more credible hip hop artists out there in the UK - the idea that she thinks she is somehow special does not reflect well for her.

I hope she apologised to Dannii and was taken to task about her rudeness and learns to think before she speaks.

Patrick likes her as a performer but can see the damage this attitude does to her chances........

Last edited by Truth Teller; 05-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Truth Teller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM #35
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Oh man, I don't believe we've met. I'm Zoe, and you, you are extremely awesome.

However, while I'm here I may as well give my opinion of Cher! From what I've seen (or rather, heard), she's a dreadful vocalist. This is why I don't watch X Factor.
Hi Zoe, thanks for that, you're pretty good yourself! Actually, you're better .... you've got the sense to stay away from XF. !! LOL

Yep, she's not the best vocalist, that's for sure.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post

1) Dannii is a judge, whether she liked what she said or not, it is her view and she has to respect that and behave accordingly on the show.

2) Cher's most popular performance to date is Stay. She was happy to sing it when she was in the bottom two and not rap - hmm - hypocrisy. Last night was about doing 2 contrasting performances not two of the same.

3) Her age is not an excuse - we have had other contestants who have been younger or a similar age who haven't shown such disrespect/lack of manners. She has developed the wrong attitude.

4) Her delusion that she is going to change English music - rap has been around since the early 80's and the UK since early 90's. There are better and more credible hip hop artists out there in the UK - the idea that she thinks she is somehow special does not reflect well for her.

I hope she apologised to Dannii and was taken to task about her rudeness and learns to think before she speaks.

Patrick likes her as a performer but can see the damage this attitude does to her chances........

You truly deserve your Username, Truth Teller. Your post is spot on and very eloquently put.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM #37

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

She is the only person on the show that doesn't let the judges **** all over her.. you get the impression she is in control of herself and not Cheryl.. picking her own songs etc.. rightly so as well

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You truly deserve your Username, Truth Teller. Your post is spot on and very eloquently put.
Why thank you ((doffs hat and bows))
Old 05-12-2010, 04:30 PM #39
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
She is the only person on the show that doesn't let the judges **** all over her.. you get the impression she is in control of herself and not Cheryl.. picking her own songs etc.. rightly so as well
Actually, that's incorrect. There was a certain band who refused to sign up to a particular song that Simon gave them, they stuck to their guns too.....

Cher is hardly unique

Last edited by Pyramid*; 05-12-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM #40
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Nothing On You > Love The Way You Lie
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM #41

^

Both as rubbish and cringeworthy as each other.

This series of X-factor is nearly as bad as BB11.
alc09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
See that's pathetic.

Every other contestant has their haters but no one goes into the uncalled for depth and vile name calling that you all do for her for no reason.

The way people pick little things about her to make a big deal out of just like you all do with Cheryl.

That's what's Pathetic.
ERM! Hello Leona Lewis. you call her horse fan. make fun of her appereance 'no one' excuse me you do it yourself you hippocrit! He made fun of chers performance, and it makes him a pathetic hater. then you do it. well guess whta patrick your the pathetic one.

Also not just leona.. you did it to Gamu aswell making fun of many aspects of the way she looks. the way she is. LMAO HIPPOCRIT!
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 PM #43

Quote:

I totally agree with all you say, with the exception of the date stamp given to the birth and even general popularity of the genre of rap & hip hop. I would have dated it to the mid 70's but if the spoken word mixed with rhythmic music was the birth of rap then the nod looks like it's being given to The Last Poets, more than 20 years before Cher Lloyd was born. http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...timeline1.html
Sorry to be pedantic dear TT, but I am so immersed in black music that I am not only offended by her voice and interpretation, but I need the facts to be correct too LOL xxx

Last edited by babycakes; 05-12-2010 at 04:54 PM.
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:53 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
I totally agree with all you say, with the exception of the date stamp given to the birth and even general popularity of the genre of rap & hip hop. I would have dated it to the mid 70's but if the spoken word mixed with rhythmic music was the birth of rap then the nod looks like it's being given to The Last Poets, more than 20 years before Cher Lloyd was born. http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...timeline1.html
Sorry to be pedantic dear TT, but I am so immersed in black music that I am not only offended by her voice and interpretation, but I need the facts to be correct too LOL xxx
No problem. I was really refering to it coming into the mainstream though 70's is correct for the beginning. yes she is very un hip hop really......
Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
So right. Love the the contempt that Cher shows the judges, beats all that dutiful nodding from Matt and Becks. She is SO real.
stewart64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 AM #46
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marczipan View Post
Dannii Minogue speaks the most truth on that show, she is the best judge by far!

Which is funny because she's had the least success out of the whole panel!
She is the best judge,I agree, and although she hasn't had great success on the show as also Louis hasn't really, she is the only mentor to ever on X Factor get the winner and runner up the same year,albeit Leon Jackson and Rhydian.

You are correct, she speaks the truth and also tries to do it really constructively too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM #47
Gimme Some Truth

Favourites (more):
UBB: Makosi
BB11: Ben
Gimme Some Truth

Favourites (more):
UBB: Makosi
BB11: Ben

Quote:

Perfection. one of the best and spot on posts i have read on tibb
Old 06-12-2010, 12:20 PM #48
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:

Excellent post.

I wonder what Tinie Tempah and Dizzee Rascal think about this 'twist' she is going to give English music?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaimo View Post
Perfection. one of the best and spot on posts i have read on tibb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Excellent post.

I wonder what Tinie Tempah and Dizzee Rascal think about this 'twist' she is going to give English music?
Thank you both

They probably both spluttered into their cups of tea when she said that.........its all hype........

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cher, Cher Lloyd, hmmmmmm