Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-12-2010, 09:01 PM #26

First instinct i think would be to shout. Muggers won't hang around so then all one could do is go to her and call the police.

I would never intervene with a couple arguing that broke out into violence.....They are more likely to turn on you.

Walking my dod one evening the dog stopped to do a wee right next to a young couple having a barny......He was actually threatening to strangle her .....What I did do is simply stay there with the dog...Did not intervene......

Then what happened surprised me and made me feel angry towards the women being threatened.......After telling her he would strangle her he then wlked away and what did she do.......Yea she said on no please don't go.........Female idiot should have let him go to calm down into a safer mood......Thankfully he did keep walking and went.... Possibly because I was standing there as a witness but not provoking him into turning his attentions to me......

Domestic disputes keep well away from as you are more likely to become a victim from the pair of them......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:21 PM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
I am more likely to save a younger girl or a kid than an old woman. They would probably only have a box of eggs and a pint of milk on them anyway
Jesus... what a charmer you are.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:23 PM #28
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I was mugged quite badly once. Beaten severely, robbed, left unconscious... took me a while to get over it. Now I am over it I can't stand to see people being aggressive to others and I would be inclined to steam in and have a go. Particularly if the people being victimised are frail or elderly. If we're lucky, we'll all be elderly one day... I'd like to think someone would help an elderly relative of mine... clearly, reading some of these posts, that's not the case.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:51 PM #29
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I was mugged quite badly once. Beaten severely, robbed, left unconscious... took me a while to get over it. Now I am over it I can't stand to see people being aggressive to others and I would be inclined to steam in and have a go. Particularly if the people being victimised are frail or elderly. If we're lucky, we'll all be elderly one day... I'd like to think someone would help an elderly relative of mine... clearly, reading some of these posts, that's not the case.
Sorry to hear you have been mugged in the past Livia and I totally agree with your comments above.

The last 3 lines of your post are hopefully very thought provoking to many people.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 01:53 PM #30
Banned

Banned

I think it would depend on the situation, if there was only one I'd ring the police and make myself known to scare them off, same if they were just a bunch of kids. I don't think I'd directly intervene but I'd phone the police and see if I can get a few pictures so that they can be caught. If I was with a group of people I'd take a more active stand but as a solitary figure against a gang the only sensible thing you can do is phone the police.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 02:27 PM #31

Imagine if we treated old lady muggings, the same way we treat rapes.... "HOW DO WE KNOW SHE'S NOT LYING JUST FOR ATTENTION!!??" "HOW DO WE KNOW THIS WOMAN SN'T JUST A MAN-HATING FEMINSIST TRYING TO PERSECUTE INNOCENT MEN!"

Isn't it amazing how differently our society treats crimes against certain people. When a woman is raped, or accusses a man of harrasment, society autmatically jumps to ideas of a woman trying to exlploit a man if it's a young attractive woman.

But if it's an old woman, who is no longer considered sexually attractive by society, then we are outraged. HOW DARE SOMEONE TAKE ADVATAGE OF A WOMAN!!!.

Western society has so much misogyny it's amazing.
Old 16-12-2010, 02:30 PM #32
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

I helped an old woman across the street today! She was telling me that shes had 3 glasses of wine, and that her husband is having a kidney transplant. I felt really bad for her.

That was OT i know, but I didn't know where else to say it...

But if I were to see an elderly woman being mugged, I would remember what the dude looked like, and help the woman report it to the police or w.e

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
elderly, lady, mugged