Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 17-06-2011, 09:07 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Except from what I can tell, Murphy's crimes aren't the big thing in Downpour, it's too obvious to throw a prisoner in the mix and say "He's a murderer!"

but I get what you mean, though, I meant it as in, people can keep going to Silent Hill, but in Resident Evil, especially Resident Evil 5, it seems that there was a risk of global infection
Spoiler:

or COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION *takes shades off*
if they kill the world off, then there's not many more places the series can go
Like you said though, Silent Hill at it's core is just people stumbling into the same town. RE's strong point has never been it's story so I'm not going to bother defending it but i give it props for testing new ground for the series. Silent Hill's is infinitely better but with each game I'm starting to kinda feel very been there done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'd say Operation Raccoon City looks quite questionable, with the series being about horror, yet somehow going in the direction of L4D, and Resident Evil 5 isn't the best of games...I mean...it ended on a volcano for goodness sakes...how did Resi go from walking down a corridor with nothing but a spooky atmosphere happening change into a over muscular Chris Redfield fighting a Meglomanic Wesker who looks like he should be in the next Transformers movie?

That said, the mansion DLC for RE5 was good

both Resi and Silent Hill have faced identity crisis', but from what I've heard about Resident Evil 6 & Downpour, the Kings of horror are back in buisness :3
The thing is though that all though the newer RE games have been questionable in design they still managed to maintain a certain quality. Racoon City is just a spinoff title and in fairness it does look quite fun.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 09:13 PM #27
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Silent Hill went wonky between Silent Hill 3 and Shattered Memories, but I'd say thats down to Team Silent leaving and Team Silence arriving (hell they've only just got a permanent writer in).

That's true about Resi, I think Team Silence have been too afraid to try and take Silent Hill in new directions (up until SHSM) because of the whiny fanboys, but with SHSM, I have a feeling they just thought "**** it, lets get rid of all the series staples that are ruining the series" [The Order/Samey looking otherworlds/The 'I forgot I did that!' storylines], Team Silence have already said they're not going to try and emulate Silent Hill 2 and it's twist - also it's not Murphy's story, it's the story of the town and everyone that's ended up in it - it's not just Murphy who is visiting his personal hell

Book of Memories is an example of Silent Hill starting to experiment a bit more - A Silent Hill game with multiplayer and confirmed DLC?

Last edited by Scarlett.; 17-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, called, evil, hill, logo, resident, silent, yo