Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB8 Celebrity Big Brother 8 shown on Channel 5 from 2011.
Discuss Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother won by Paddy Doherty.

Old 22-07-2011, 05:13 PM #1

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Talking Things I'd like to Happen...

Hey peeps! As we are FINALLY beginning so recieve some news and confirmation from Channel 5, I thought I'd concoct my own list of things I'd like to see or happen in the house this year:

•Bring back the chicken coop!
•More alcohol and parties!
•Better tasks with better prizes!
•More twists!
•The return of live Saturday night challenges and reward rooms!
•Big Brother’s Big Brain, Big Brother on the Couch or something similar!
•The Tree of Temptation to make a comeback!
•Better punishments!
•Daily highlights as before!
•Live launches/evictions/finales!
•Vote to save – might keep the right ones in for a change!
•The return of Big Brother’s Big Mouth!
•A weekly alcohol budget separate from the shopping budget!
•Big Brother only intervening in arguments when it gets serious (e.g. fisty-cuffs)!
•An open bar – closed during the day but open all night on occasions!
•Better prizes for tasks!
•An open plan house, making the housemates less likely to hide away in private!
•No late-arriving housemates (with the exception of replacements iif housemates decide to leave)!
•Keep it as real as possible – no over-censoring!
•An unpredictable Big Brother who messes with the heads of the housemates – Big Brother 5-style!
•Genuine housemates – no fake wannabes, fame-hungry or weird ones, but still keep it interesting!
•The return of strikes for persistent rule-breakers!
•Edit the show more fairly – focus on all housemates equally!
•Limited ciggies!
•Eatock to continue designing the Big Brother eye!
•A stricter Big Brother – no rule breaking whatsoever!
•Double-storey house – upstairs and downstairs!
•More entertainment for the housemates!
•A torture chamber for punishment – housemate strapped to a wall by hands and feet and forcefully tickled with a feather!
•Housemates should be shown the door should they want to leave – no second chances!
•No task room – housemates taking part to be watched!
•Show to be 13 weeks minimum!
•Punishments for lazy housemates who refuse to pull their weight!
•Housemates to wake by annoying alarms at an earlier time of 6:00am!
•Reveal the results of nominations the same day!
•Bring back voting by text!
•A weekly Big Brother Magazine!
•No free passes to the final – each finalist should earn their rightful place!

It's unlikely that the majority of these things will happen - but it was so much fun thinking of them all

What do you think?
BB_Forever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 05:35 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Forever View Post
Hey peeps! As we are FINALLY beginning so recieve some news and confirmation from Channel 5, I thought I'd concoct my own list of things I'd like to see or happen in the house this year:

•Bring back the chicken coop...

•No free passes to the final – each finalist should earn their rightful place
basically, what you are saying is make it interesting?

add to your list "secret missions to severely and hellaciously punish the housemates - for no reason at all"
Old 22-07-2011, 06:28 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Forever View Post

•Bring back the chicken coop! Yes. Totally agree with this - I loved the chickens!
•More alcohol and parties! As long as its not too much and too often. Nothing worse than watching HMs with hangovers
•Better tasks with better prizes! And more severe consequences if they fail. Hate these easy pointless tasks of late
•More twists! As long as they are genuinely "left of field" and not lame or an anticlimax
•The return of live Saturday night challenges and reward rooms! I've been hoping for this for ages. Sadly I think I will continue to hope.
•Big Brother’s Big Brain, Big Brother on the Couch or something similar! Agreed. I loved these shows.
•The Tree of Temptation to make a comeback! Definitely agree! Though hope they prevent him becoming samey.
•Better punishments! No. If anything I would prefer harsher punishments
•Daily highlights as before! Is a must
•Live launches/evictions/finales! Yes
•Vote to save – might keep the right ones in for a change! Have to disagree. I have always hated the idea of vote to save
•The return of Big Brother’s Big Mouth! Depends on the presenter. But generally, I have enjoyed this in the past
•A weekly alcohol budget separate from the shopping budget! No. There is something entertaining about watching HMs trying to decide between food and alcohol
•Big Brother only intervening in arguments when it gets serious (e.g. fisty-cuffs)! Within reason. Sometimes words can be as cruel as fists
•An open bar – closed during the day but open all night on occasions! Disagree. Don't want to make HMs life too easy - earn alcohol
•Better prizes for tasks! As long as they were better/harder tasks
•An open plan house, making the housemates less likely to hide away in private! I'm not sure one way or the other TBH
•No late-arriving housemates (with the exception of replacements iif housemates decide to leave)! Yes. Totally agree. Bringing in new HMs just to "freshen up" is lazy IMO.
•Keep it as real as possible – no over-censoring! I'm one of the few who have never had a problem with the way the show is/isn't censored.
•An unpredictable Big Brother who messes with the heads of the housemates – Big Brother 5-style! Agreed. But not TOO unpredictable
•Genuine housemates – no fake wannabes, fame-hungry or weird ones, but still keep it interesting! I call for this every year, but I think it is too much to hope for these days
•The return of strikes for persistent rule-breakers! Did they ever go away? I thought they just weren't enforced as much as they should have been
•Edit the show more fairly – focus on all housemates equally! Never going to please everyone regardless of how they edit. But I agree in principle
•Limited ciggies! Not too limited, I enjoy watching the smoking area gossiping
•Eatock to continue designing the Big Brother eye! Agree. and I think I read somewhere he has already been commissioned
•A stricter Big Brother – no rule breaking whatsoever! Or at least harsher punishments if they do break the rules.
•Double-storey house – upstairs and downstairs! Not a fan of this idea. Can't explain why.
•More entertainment for the housemates! Not too much. Some of the best moments come from HMs making their own entertainment
•A torture chamber for punishment – housemate strapped to a wall by hands and feet and forcefully tickled with a feather! No. I don't really like this idea.
•Housemates should be shown the door should they want to leave – no second chances! Totally yes. Any attention seeking threats to leave should be taken seriously.
•No task room – housemates taking part to be watched! I'm undecided on this
•Show to be 13 weeks minimum! Agreed. I thought I was the only one who preferred the longer series!
•Punishments for lazy housemates who refuse to pull their weight! Individual shopping budgets perhaps?
•Housemates to wake by annoying alarms at an earlier time of 6:00am! Might be a bit early. Maybe just once or twice - for the lolz
•Reveal the results of nominations the same day! Or maybe live noms?
•Bring back voting by text! God yes! top 3 in the wish list for me!
•A weekly Big Brother Magazine! Well I'd buy it
•No free passes to the final – each finalist should earn their rightful place! And no immunities from nominations, HoH PoV or anything like that!

What do you think?
Such an extensive list that I couldn't think of anything to add. So if you don't mind, I've just added my comments to yours if that's OK.

Ooh! One thing I've just thought of -

Absolutely no contact with the outside world - none whatsoever. No letters or messages from home (not even as rewards); No ex partners / Family members entering as part of tasks, etc etc.
southblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
happen, things