Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 17-08-2006, 11:15 AM #1

Default Whats wrong with game playing?

I CANT STAND ALL THESE PEOPLE GO ON ABOUT PEOPLE GAME PLAYING- and then using as a reason for not liking characters.

-Victor was an openly game-player and he was the best housemate ever. Period!!!! he would walk in the diary room and instead of being boring and saying "i cant think of a good reason for nominating people" he would just say straight "i want X person out (usually nadia) because they r a threat to me winning this show".- what a breath of fresh air his novel approach to BB was.

-The US big brother is centred around people game-playing and it makes for a lot more entertaining show watching contestants plot their strategies to gain support and what not. plus it also leads to more backstabbing and general conflict- great entertainment.
-also whats wrong with wanting to win £100.000-NOTHING!!!

WHATS WRONG WITH GAME PLAYING? BB IS A GAME AFTER ALL SO LETS HAVE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME!!
Girardo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:23 AM #2

I think if you play the game well...like Richard...then I am all for gameplaying. But when you use the gameplay and cross the like...say Makosi...pregnant, the mole etc then it is not liked.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:24 AM #3

I agree.

I think every housemate would be lying if they said they didnt have a game plan, you go into BB thinking:

What you want to do.

How you want to be seen by public and the housemates.

Who you want to play: mummy, daddy, baby, peacemaker, angry person, crazy person.

you cant go into BB without knowing how you are going to act. they all say "I'm going to be myself" BOLLOCKS!

face it ordinary people are BORING! you have to play up to the cameras, if you want to stand a chance of winning!
bryony_rox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:30 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
I think if you play the game well...like Richard...then I am all for gameplaying. But when you use the gameplay and cross the like...say Makosi...pregnant, the mole etc then it is not liked.
i agree with your points BUT i dont agree that rich has played a game. if he was spieling the game he wouldnt have made a sort of anti-welsh comment a while back.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:35 AM #5

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing the game.

It is a game. But the aim is to get the public on your side. People prefer passive housemates and usually get rid of the gameplayers.

Usually they come across as ingenuine too. And the winner of Big Brother is usually someone who comes across as genuine, fun and pleasant. It's what the public warm to, I suppose.

Like, we've had Craig, Cameron, Anthony.. all nice and boring. But genuine and most likely none of them had a gameplan.
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:36 AM #6

Because it's dishonest, you can't trust a person if they're a gameplay and you don't know whether you like them or not if they're a game-player. If they did something nice, you'd think "they're doing that because they want to win", that's why people don't like game-players, it's also why I don't like game-players.
Edwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:42 AM #7

I think we like the people who have a good reason for going on BB.

not:

I want to win
I want money
I want exposure etc.

we liked:

Craig: the money for a sick relative.

Nadia: so people would be OK with her being a man and now a woman, her acceptance.

and now:

Pete: he has tourettes, childhood difficulties, seen as strange.

Aisleyne: her journey, realisation!

we dont like shallow people who only want to win we like the people who want to be accepted, doing it for a good cause and realising their journey and who they want to be!
bryony_rox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:43 AM #8

The thing you have to remember is it is a popularity contest and people don't like dishonesty.
Foebane100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:43 AM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Girardo
I CANT STAND ALL THESE PEOPLE GO ON ABOUT PEOPLE GAME PLAYING- and then using as a reason for not liking characters.

-Victor was an openly game-player and he was the best housemate ever. Period!!!! he would walk in the diary room and instead of being boring and saying "i cant think of a good reason for nominating people" he would just say straight "i want X person out (usually nadia) because they r a threat to me winning this show".- what a breath of fresh air his novel approach to BB was.

-The US big brother is centred around people game-playing and it makes for a lot more entertaining show watching contestants plot their strategies to gain support and what not. plus it also leads to more backstabbing and general conflict- great entertainment.
-also whats wrong with wanting to win £100.000-NOTHING!!!

WHATS WRONG WITH GAME PLAYING? BB IS A GAME AFTER ALL SO LETS HAVE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAME!!
The thing with Victor was that he was very honest. If you are honest and you play the game then it is fine, but its when people fake to be really nice people when they're not and think they can fool the public (like Aisleyne)
Slezer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:46 AM #10

Being an open game-player like Victor isn't so bad, but being so blatently fake when trying to be nice isn't a good thing. We vote for who we like the best because of their personality, we'd feel pretty darn annoyed if that all turned to be a sham and they weren't anything like that. That's why the nation doesn't like game-players...
Old 17-08-2006, 11:53 AM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Edwin
Being an open game-player like Victor isn't so bad, but being so blatently fake when trying to be nice isn't a good thing. We vote for who we like the best because of their personality, we'd feel pretty darn annoyed if that all turned to be a sham and they weren't anything like that. That's why the nation doesn't like game-players...
Exactly, we want genuine people. If not then BB would be the same as Eastenders but based in a house.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:54 AM #12

yeah thats what i mean!!

victor was a game-player but he was genuine and didnt make out for a second that he wasnt a game player.

BTW: i would like to stat that i hated nadia!!! The slick man shud have won that series hands down.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:56 AM #13

Victor was a genuine game-player, but that still doesn't shroud the fact he went into the BB house for all the wrong reasons (well, to us)
Old 17-08-2006, 12:02 PM #14

i see ur point BUT its that attitude which always means the boring, nice characters always stay til the end and often win BB.

on a personal level i respect that sentiment but in the context of watching a TV show i cant stand it. Game-players generally make for more entertaining viewing.
spending my night watching pete be "nice" is boring and not preferable to watching a full scale argument between Rich and Sezer or a bitching match between Grace and Ash for example.

IF pete won on friday and came out and said to davina that he was completely playing the game and his whole nice thing (emboddied by the whole tourettes/insect incidents)was a strategy to win i would respect him more. i would think "well done son. u tricked the public, played the game and u won". BRAVO!!!!

ITS A GAMESHOW. AND WHAT DO PEOPLE DO ON GAMESHOWS- THEY PLAY THE GAME TO WIN!!!
Old 17-08-2006, 01:07 PM #15

Victor made bb5. End of. He was the true winner.
Old 17-08-2006, 01:36 PM #16

AGREED!!!!!!!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game, playing, wrong