Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 23-11-2011, 05:44 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
As much as I enjoyed Jedward aswell,the only reason they beat Lucie in the votes was because of the time slots.
Time slots are important.....the last two weeks the first act on has gone....
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 06:18 PM #52

Time slots are always important as is the VT. Time slots are important for those undecided voters or those voters prone to switch fanclubs, which happens alot throughout a competition. The later you go on, and better you perform, the more chance you have. Maybe less important at this stage, but I think its certainly been important up until now.

Look at Craig last weekend, poor VT - Check, all of a sudden he was from town near Liverpool or something called Kirby? Not a Liverpudlian anymore that was left for Marcus VT with Rebecca Ferguson in it and all the works. Poor time slot - Check, on first. Poor song choice - Check. Also judges comments were horrible, not because they were particularly bad for him. His vocals once again were actuallly pretty good, so instead they decided to do the usual crap about songchoice which is normally when they are looking to get rid. Until now he had not been in bottom 2 and must have had a reasonable fanbase. I think there was more in the substance in the rumours that he was looking to leave the show last week so the producers efficiently got rid of him before this was the case and they had to think of a way of replacing him.

You will see at this stage of the competition who the producers really want to win the show and I actually do really think it is Little Mix now. Wouldn't be surprised if they get the last slot on the show next. If this is a week where judges and all rave about Janet then maybe they really do have plans for her and she is back in the game.
MusicXian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 09:31 PM #53
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Because she was entertaining and he obviously wasn't as popular as people thought?

This is like me saying even though I don't like Misha I'll vote for her this week over Amelia because Misha was on last If fans of the contestants are planning on voting then they will regardless of time slots.

The only think that time slots could affect is undecided voters but by this point of the competition the majority have made up their mind on who they're supporting.
Casual viewers vote on songs that they like and time slots half the time,then dont forget the people that miss the first couple of performances and have caught the 3rd performance onwards.

Then you have the people that have only watched it for the first time giving the show a chance aswell,so its not so clean cut as to think that the supporters have that much of a say at this stage imo.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
janet, topped, vote, weeks