Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 13-12-2011, 02:17 PM #51
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Ears View Post
I like that idea, announce at start of Result Show who is B2, re-start votes for the 2 acts, then allow voting whilst the guest stars perform.

Either that or have a limit that the judges have a maximum of 3 saves during the series to save the bottom act(sometimes the bottom act really doesnt deserve to go and it was just a poor/forgettable performance that week... The Risk for example). And instead of a vote system, have it an open debate amongst the 3 where they must come to a majority decision of 3-1 or 4-0
Yeah, that's where them doing a sing off would help then, I reckon the voting public are more likely to vote on that then on the night befores performance.

The judges could have what they did on American Idol, where they have one save and can use it to save someone but only once through the whole thing.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 03:11 PM #52
My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marczipan View Post
I do like that touch in AI but I don't know if the producers will allow it, letting it become so like another singing competition. But I do like that idea! It casts aside any bias, annoying bickering and moaning from contestants. And certainly eliminate any chance of people like Katie Waissel, Misha B, Kitty from overstaying their welcome.
I agree with that
Nintendo ID (Wii U): BRLNerd
BBfanUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 10:50 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicXian View Post
Thenjudges are the biggest weapon for the production of the show. We are told that they do not know the voting results, but I think the producers tell them what to do with their acts to ensure them either being pushed for the win or being made to go out. If by now you still do not believe this then more fool you. In 6 weeks of judges voting to save an act, in 5 of them they kept the act who was bottom of the public vote. Coincedence? Me thinks not.
Considering there's a 50/50 chance of saving the bottom one each time it's not impossible. And I find your response very rude in its wording.

Of course The X Factor is staged to a certain degree, the judges don't mentor to the level that they are made out to. And yes, the producers have final say on what happens. But to say the votes are fixed is very cynical indeed. Especially when you start thinking the producers want to purposely push a lesser favourite for the win, and sabotage a popular one. There's simply no reason for it. If an act is popular they are more likely to bring in revenue when the show is over.

If the producers fixed the voting as much as they are accused of doing then Misha B would have made that final without a shadow of a doubt.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 12:21 AM #54

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicXian View Post
Thenjudges are the biggest weapon for the production of the show. We are told that they do not know the voting results, but I think the producers tell them what to do with their acts to ensure them either being pushed for the win or being made to go out. If by now you still do not believe this then more fool you. In 6 weeks of judges voting to save an act, in 5 of them they kept the act who was bottom of the public vote. Coincedence? Me thinks not.
I believe the judges know what the outcome of the public vote is and the producers attempt to sway them to make better TV. It definitely happened when Simon was on the panel anyway, otherwise I don't think theres any way that he would have let it go to deadlock when it was Ruth v Girl Band or Bad Lashes (forgot which) after Ruth did her Purple Rain performance, and Simon really liked her. Another example is when it was Jedward v Lucy, apparently he was pushing Cheryl to save Jedward so he could keep his 'credibility', send it to deadlock and Lucie leaves the competition, show gets in the headlines due to shock exit but Cheryl refused to do it.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 04:20 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I believe the judges know what the outcome of the public vote is and the producers attempt to sway them to make better TV. It definitely happened when Simon was on the panel anyway, otherwise I don't think theres any way that he would have let it go to deadlock when it was Ruth v Girl Band or Bad Lashes (forgot which) after Ruth did her Purple Rain performance, and Simon really liked her. Another example is when it was Jedward v Lucy, apparently he was pushing Cheryl to save Jedward so he could keep his 'credibility', send it to deadlock and Lucie leaves the competition, show gets in the headlines due to shock exit but Cheryl refused to do it.
Didn't Ruth do Purple Rain against that other girl who was an early fave?

Anyway, I agree with you. I think the judges know EXACTLY who has done well in previous weeks. The Daily Star told us WEEKS ago that Janet had won the first 4 public votes, remember? THEY WERE PROVED RIGHT. I am conviced that to even things up in favour of the poorly supported Misha, who the judges wanted in the final, they put Janet on at the start of each show and Misha on at the end, until the semi anyway. That as much as anything cost Janet her place. We all know about the importance of the running order. Further, Barlow's criticism of Janet started around the same time, gradually eroding her confidence. The fact that Cowell supported Little Mix for weeks is also an indication of them knowing how each act is doing, and influencing the 'outcome'.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 04:46 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
True but if Janet sang better it would have been Marcus against MishaB in the bottom two. Forgetting your lyrics in a song contest is pretty bad. Didn't Little Mix too??

I think Kelly preferred Misha over Janet, so it was no surprised to me that she saved Misha.
She obviously DID PREFER Misha over anybody, not just Janet! But she didn't have to 'save' Misha. She knew that BARLOW would vote Janet out too. The fact that they knew Misha was one of the least liked acts this year didn't stop them influencing the outcome of the sing-off in her favour every time.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 05:00 PM #57
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb View Post
She obviously DID PREFER Misha over anybody, not just Janet! But she didn't have to 'save' Misha. She knew that BARLOW would vote Janet out too. The fact that they knew Misha was one of the least liked acts this year didn't stop them influencing the outcome of the sing-off in her favour every time.
she didn't know Gary would save Misha unless it was completely fixed beforehand.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 10:42 PM #58
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas_cake View Post
she didn't know Gary would save Misha unless it was completely fixed beforehand.
Of course its fixed beforehand otherwise it was quite convient last year when Katie was bottom of the votes that the other act would be voted out 3-1,and when she scraped 2nd from bottom then it would go to deadlock.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mentors, point