Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB4 Cameron, Ray, Scott, Jon Tickle, Nush and the others from Big Brother 4 in 2003.

Old 08-07-2003, 05:23 PM #1

Default Entertaining or Nice BB

What does every one prefer here? When Big Brother gets entertaining with conflict, backstabbing and bitching or when the housemates are getting on really well and everyone is happy.
I have to admit I do like the conflict and love a big argument. I dont like it when it turns to bullying, like in BB3 with Sophie, Adele etc but a few arguments here and there hurts no one, its healthy to express your emotions. So, which do you prefer?...

or
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 PM #2

Damn I voted incorrectly. That's what happens when you make assumptions. Doh. I should of voted for and not

I watch BB to see as many characters and strong personalities under one roof as possible without them resorting to tearing each other apart. This series has been a nice happy affair which is all well and good but it's not necessarily entertaining. I want to see house-mates bitching, arguing, crying, moaning, complaining, getting touchy-feely with each other, shouting, getting drunk, being spontaneous, getting naked, making us laugh with their antics and comments. I don't mean that in a nasty way as BB 2 had all that.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:03 PM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

I always like a argument but I dont like it when people get hurt
I suppose a mixture of the two a good friendly banter but with some arguring thrown in
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:32 PM #4

Well I have defiintely voted for a 'nice' BB, I'm afraid I don't find arguments and conflicts in the least bit entertaining and hated last years show for this very reason.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:50 PM #5

Well I want entertaining because 70 grand doesn't come easy and it makes it easier to decide who goes and who stay's depending on the Row that's happened or happening. I don't always like em, but sometimes there justified, it can clear up tension and clear the air and being human arguments do happen.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:41 PM #6

I think BB needs a combination of nice and argumentative as long as the arguments are short lived and no-one holds grudges.

Last year's was too argumentative, but this year they are all frightened to say boo to a goose. As soon as things start to get a little heated Gos and now Scott jumps in to calm things down. There must be an awful lot of pent up aggression in there.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:07 AM #7

I think that I would just like to see the HMs being themselves and going with the flow instead of trying too hard to get on with each other.

Key comment tonight from Ray: 'The icing on the cake is to be here for the last week. You do not want to miss the last week'

That's the overriding priorty for the housemates. Making sure they don't cause any offence to anyone.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:13 AM #8

I think BB has gone from one exreme to another in these last two years, a mix of both would be the ideal, next year we will prob have HM's trying to be more entertaining, as they will have seen this one being called boring.

This year most of them said they came into the BB house for fun, let's face it the BB house can be boring, they have to put some effort into it and they are all afraid of standing out in any way, more interested in saying in than having the FUN they all said they came in the for.
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:12 PM #9

BB4 is I am afraid neither of the two options. It's not a conflict and neither is it nice. It's just boring.

BB is meant to be a spontaneous soap opera reality show. What soap opera is watchable if there is no conflict and the ability to see human emotions as they unfold. That's not the BB I understand. Such a soap would soon get the thumbs down from the majority and be removed from our screens

BB2 had the right mix with both conflict and love interest. BB3 went over the top with conflict but by george it's better than the flat and uneventful load of tosh that is being served up this year.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:37 PM #10

Quote:
BB3 went over the top with conflict but by george it's better than the flat and uneventful load of tosh that is being served up this year.
I do agree that there was far too much conflict in BB3, but I DON'T agree that it was better than this years.

I hated last year's with a vengence and even though there isn't much action in this year's I still prefer it by a VERY VERY long way.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:11 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by LEE
Quote:
BB3 went over the top with conflict but by george it's better than the flat and uneventful load of tosh that is being served up this year.
I do agree that there was far too much conflict in BB3, but I DON'T agree that it was better than this years.

I hated last year's with a vengence and even though there isn't much action in this year's I still prefer it by a VERY VERY long way.
Damn, I probably would have liked BB 3 from what I'm hearing about it
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:08 PM #12

I AGREE bananarama!!!!

bb3 was so much more interesting last year IMO, everyone was talking about and there was allways something happening!"

This year i have heard bb4 mentioned about 5 times,, and nothing big happens everynight come top think of it! Never!!! it all went down when the best contestants were voted out ie Jon Federico etc who made it interesting, although they were allways stopped by bloody Gos or Scott!!!!!!
bbceleb1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, entertaining, nice