Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB9 Celebrity Big Brother 9 on Channel 5, was shown January 2012 and won by Denise Welch. Discuss the series here.

Old 30-12-2011, 03:38 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Last night on C5:

World's Strongest Man- 1.08m
The Mentalist: 1.29m

So more or less what BB was getting. In fact last nights flop show for C5 was Amy Childs BB spin off show that got 398,000 viewers. Channel 5 don't need Big Brother like Channel 4 needed it.
But CSI and The Mentalist (now along with Big Brother) are 5's top of the top shows. When CBB and CSI are on on the same night, it goes well for 5.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 03:49 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

I'm not talking about CBB though, I agree that does well for Channel 5 and I think it will outlive normal BB. My point is about ordinary BB and I can't see there being another one after this years, but I think they'll opt to put CBB on in the summer as well from 2013
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM #28

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/1103714/

"Nick Bampton, who joined Channel 5 as sales director in December last year, said ‘Big Brother’ has been a "game changer" for the broadcaster.

"With massive audience increases in these slots particularly against younger audiences and ground breaking commercial partnerships with Freederm, Dominos, Lucozade, Disney, 888, Jadeworld and Paramount Pictures, we are changing the way TV works."

Article i found, 6 weeks old.

Doesn't sound like it's getting axed at all. Quite cleary they are discussing the normal version, not celeb.

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/1109...ckets-27-2011/

Another article quite clearly, proving BB has been a success. Even with the declining figures compared to it's chn 4 days.

Last edited by SSL2012; 01-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.
SSL2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 PM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL2012 View Post
http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/news/1103714/

"Nick Bampton, who joined Channel 5 as sales director in December last year, said ‘Big Brother’ has been a "game changer" for the broadcaster.

"With massive audience increases in these slots particularly against younger audiences and ground breaking commercial partnerships with Freederm, Dominos, Lucozade, Disney, 888, Jadeworld and Paramount Pictures, we are changing the way TV works."

Article i found, 6 weeks old.

Doesn't sound like it's getting axed at all. Quite cleary they are discussing the normal version, not celeb.
That article and this one >(http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-revenues-soar) both seem to suggest they're happy with the outcome of Big Brother last year so personally I think if they can at least maintain the same amount of viewers, though preferably get a bit more watching which might be possible now CBB is back in the winter and BB back in the summer, then they'll prrobably keep it for a few more years at least.

Quote:
Last night on C5:

World's Strongest Man- 1.08m
The Mentalist: 1.29m
Those ratings are great for the channel too and you're right, they're fairly similar to BB's ratings. The only thing is they're not on every night whereas Big Brother is. I think a combination of BB's ratings every night + days with BB and those shows on the same day = ratings winner for C5.

The only way I see them cancelling Big Brother soon is the price. It's very expensive buying the show and we know from when they first tried to buy it that Endemol seem very against allowing the price to drop so perhaps C5 will say it's too expensive and just put repeats of the Worlds Strongest Man on TV every night, because I bet it's a lot cheaper!

Last edited by RichardG; 01-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
axed, big brother