Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 24-05-2012, 11:39 AM #1
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Default Man behind creation of Big Brother knighted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nterprise.html

Hate having to use the Daily Mail as a source but it's the only one I found with a picture. If someone could copy & paste it and the section of the article about him (because the main focus of the article is on Apple's legendary Jonathan Ive) then I'd appreciate it, I can't because I'm on my phone.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:41 AM #2
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Arise Sir Apple! British design genius behind the iPad is awarded a knighthood for services to enterpriseBy Rob Preece
PUBLISHE 18:36, 23 May 2012 | UPDATE 07:40, 24 May 2012
Comments (10) Share
The British design genius who brought the world gadgets including the iPad, the iPhone and the iPod has been knighted at Buckingham Palace.

Sir Jonathan Ive, senior vice president of industrial design at Apple, said it was 'thrilling' to be made a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) for services to design and enterprise.

The 45-year-old was one of a host of dignitaries to be honoured by the Princess Royal for achievements ranging from TV programme-making to helping victims of domestic violence.

Honoured: Sir Jonathan Ive said it was 'thrilling' to be knighted for services to design and enterprise
Sir Jonathan, who was born in Chingford, north east London, flew to Britain from the US with his wife and eight-year-old twin sons to receive the honour.

He said he and the Princess Royal had talked about how often he comes to the UK and about her iPad.

Asked about the impact of his products on the modern world, Sir Jonathan said: 'We don’t really spend much time thinking about our impact.
More...The queen of daytime television meets the Queen of England as Katie Couric attends Buckingham Palace garden party
Crime-fighting milkman receives MBE from the Queen - dressed as a cow

'We are fully consumed with trying to make the very best products that we can.'

Also being knighted was Sir Peter Bazalgette, 59, the TV programme maker behind hit series including Big Brother, Ready Steady Cook, Changing Rooms and Ground Force.

He said he was particularly pleased to be receiving a knighthood as he is the great-great-grandson of Sir Joseph Bazalgette, the civil engineer who was knighted in the 19th century for his work designing and overseeing the building of an enclosed sewer network for London.

Sir Peter said his knighthood was a 'huge honour'.

Asked what the Princess Royal had said to him, he said: 'She said to me "you have spent a few years in the business" with a smile.

Award: Sir Peter Bazalgette, the TV programme maker behind hit series Big Brother, was knighted
'I told her I was very proud to be here, more than a century after my engineer ancestor.

'I then said I felt very small following Sir Jonathan Ive, who is a world class figure in the media.

'I have a much smaller parochial role in Britain. She said "at least I know what the iPhone is".'

Philanthropist and property tycoon Gerald Ronson received a CBE for his work over more than 50 years raising and donating money to charities.

He has helped good causes including the NSPCC, Great Ormond Street Hospital in London and the charity Jewish Care.

The 72-year-old, who bounced back after being jailed for his part in the Guinness Four share scam, said he felt 'very privileged and honoured' to receive the CBE.

Mr Ronson brought self-service petrol stations to the UK in 1960s and built Heron Tower, the tallest structure in the City of London.

He is also known for his role in the Guinness affair which sparked a long battle to clear his name.

Edna Carleton, 94, from Lutton, a village near Ivybridge, Devon, was made an MBE for her work as a local fundraiser.

She first came to Britain from the Falkland Islands in 1945 and has worked for 47 years fundraising for causes including a local hospice and the HCPT charity helping disabled children.

'I am so moved - it is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me, particularly as I was born and brought up 8,000 miles away in the Falkland Islands,' she said.

Janet Finch, 65, from Coventry, who has fostered 150 children over a 35-year period, also picked up an MBE for services to children and families.

Last edited by Kate!; 24-05-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:41 AM #3
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Arise Sir Apple! British design genius behind the iPad is awarded a knighthood for services to enterpriseBy Rob Preece
PUBLISHE 18:36, 23 May 2012 | UPDATE 07:40, 24 May 2012
Comments (10) Share
The British design genius who brought the world gadgets including the iPad, the iPhone and the iPod has been knighted at Buckingham Palace.

Sir Jonathan Ive, senior vice president of industrial design at Apple, said it was 'thrilling' to be made a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) for services to design and enterprise.

The 45-year-old was one of a host of dignitaries to be honoured by the Princess Royal for achievements ranging from TV programme-making to helping victims of domestic violence.

Honoured: Sir Jonathan Ive said it was 'thrilling' to be knighted for services to design and enterprise
Sir Jonathan, who was born in Chingford, north east London, flew to Britain from the US with his wife and eight-year-old twin sons to receive the honour.

He said he and the Princess Royal had talked about how often he comes to the UK and about her iPad.

Asked about the impact of his products on the modern world, Sir Jonathan said: 'We don’t really spend much time thinking about our impact.
More...The queen of daytime television meets the Queen of England as Katie Couric attends Buckingham Palace garden party
Crime-fighting milkman receives MBE from the Queen - dressed as a cow

'We are fully consumed with trying to make the very best products that we can.'

Also being knighted was Sir Peter Bazalgette, 59, the TV programme maker behind hit series including Big Brother, Ready Steady Cook, Changing Rooms and Ground Force.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:42 AM #4

He said he was particularly pleased to be receiving a knighthood as he is the great-great-grandson of Sir Joseph Bazalgette, the civil engineer who was knighted in the 19th century for his work designing and overseeing the building of an enclosed sewer network for London.

Sir Peter said his knighthood was a 'huge honour'.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 24-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:43 AM #5
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

The top comment

A knighthood for creating Big Brother. !!! He should have been beheaded . It's one of the worst TV shows ever made.
- Music man, Uk, 24/5/2012 8:03
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:45 AM #6
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

So his great great grandfather created a rat run and he created a ......Isn't it ironic?..
Old 24-05-2012, 11:47 AM #7
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
The top comment

A knighthood for creating Big Brother. !!! He should have been beheaded . It's one of the worst TV shows ever made.
- Music man, Uk, 24/5/2012 8:03
Swear there's a member on here called MusicMan
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 11:57 AM #8
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...er.php?u=57301
Old 24-05-2012, 12:09 PM #9

I do find the honours system a joke. Designing the iPad and iPod, doing his job as a television creator?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, creation, knighted, man