Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM #26
Watching From Far Away.

Watching From Far Away.

I can see a BB with walking frames and commode chairs. People with dementia who meet new housemates everyday.
Just Kidding....

The younger people just seem more stupid and are easier to manipulate.
Mitnick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM #27
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
I am only teasing lol
And I well thought that was gonna say 'no sex unless me and chuff get it on'
Oh I dont think my missus would issue me a day pass to play away even with someone as nice as Chuff. Mind you stranger things have happened at sea and I have never met chuff so never say never. If Deana goes this week i might take a run down to Donny and buy her a glass of bubbly though, who knows. Anyway whats wrtong with a bit of experience in there, these kids know jack sh.t when it comes to fun, look at them for christ sake.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:10 PM #28

Great post.... However for viewing value I think they got a great set of housemates. To me Adam LukeA Lauren and Deana provided level headed HM's...then Lydia and Benedict, Chris, Shievonne Arron and Luke S gave us a bit of arrogance,vanity and cockiness...Sara and Scott gave us the fence sitters and non commital. playsafe characters....then Becky Caroline Conor and Ashleigh provided us with lifes nasty, spiteful bitches. As for Victoria...we never got the chance.
Its a shame that the game cannot be left alone without the 'cheating' that takes away the concept of the game like you say. Face to face voting was a farce...friends and family was equally a farce. As for giving half the prize money to someone who was never going to get in the final...let alone win has completely destroyed the game.
I love BB but stick to the original gameplay. Be stricter and more creative with the tasks...there have been some good ones over the years.

Dont mess with it anymore.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM #29
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

I don't think any of the people they put in there were inherently horrible people and I don't think that's what the producers aimed for, I'd say it's more about the BB environment bringing out the worst in the housemates and allowing nom talk at the start was a big mistake, it set the tone for the bitching and backstabbing for the rest of the series
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM #30

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
A BUNCH OF OLDIES, have you seen what these so called youngsters do, they friggin sleep all day. Tell me what they could bring that we couldnt.
Taut skin ... ?
Ultra Violet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM #31
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
Taut skin ... ?
Is that maybe a reference to my skin Violet cause you are so badly wrong girl. I am a professional golfer, bmi of 19, walk over 50 miles a week and jog 15. An avid outdoor activist and I could crush a walnut between the cheeks of my ass. I have My own good head of hair and all my own teeth minus a few molars and Ive just survived cancer of the intestines and just last year the colon. My avatar is me and I certainly am no wrinkly.

Now on the other hand my missus loes me and there were 2 good reasons for us getting married, the first was becasue she had great taste in men and the second was she deserved the best.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Is that maybe a reference to my skin Violet cause you are so badly wrong girl. I am a professional golfer, bmi of 19, walk over 50 miles a week and jog 15. An avid outdoor activist and I could crush a walnut between the cheeks of my ass. I have My own good head of hair and all my own teeth minus a few molars and Ive just survived cancer of the intestines and just last year the colon. My avatar is me and I certainly am no wrinkly.

Now on the other hand my missus loes me and there were 2 good reasons for us getting married, the first was becasue she had great taste in men and the second was she deserved the best.
I do not doubt that what you say has an element of truth - but you are very far from the first flush of your youth - and thus your skin will no longer be taut - however finely honed you believe your whip thin and highly trained and bronzed body to be

Sorry to go bursting any bubbles - but you are not exactly known for your kindness to other Forum Members yourself ... are you ... ?

What was it Oscar Wilde said all those years ago about 'youth being too precious to be wasted on the young ...' ... ... ?

Last edited by Ultra Violet; 08-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM #33

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

Quote:
My only reservation on your post, which incidently was really good, would be that this year the production team put someone in there that they thought would be the perfect asian HM. What they failed to see was who she really was, someone who has made the series all her own for all the wrong reasons and BB lost total control.

decent thread like this and your off again. jesus man get a life will you. the jokes over your not funny anymore. back to the bridge please.
cant you just post a view on someones question without going of on your ludicious dribble.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 PM #34

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
decent thread like this and your off again. jesus man get a life will you. the jokes over your not funny anymore. back to the bridge please.
cant you just post a view on someones question without going of on your ludicious dribble.
Shame and a bit of an annoyance all round - but it is just not going to happen, is it ... ?

The OP was so lucid and articulate and so darned all round interesting - but still out they come - thinking there is something of relevance to add, whether they can be bothered to get out the thesaurus or not

(sorry to be a bit of a pedant - it is just that I think that language still really matters - or that it should ... )
Old 08-08-2012, 02:37 PM #35
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Keep on topic, people are free to disagree with the OP if they so choose, no need to attack them for it
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 PM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Keep on topic, people are free to disagree with the OP if they so choose, no need to attack them for it
Absolutely - the OP has come up with a well considered and interestingly reasoned piece - I couldn't agree with you more

Bravo, OP!

Let's have more like this ...
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM #37
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Thanks for that but it wont mean anything. Deana haters (as weve been labled) are not allwoed to go on any posts and cant say what they want. Its all kissy assy deana this year. I thought I was on topic anyway.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

is this a deana thread? funny i thought it was something completely different.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM #39
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker View Post
We are all different, each one of us in our own unique way. As a species we have done so many amazing things and in turn some very bad things. Anyway enough of the pre-amble lets get to the point.

We come toward the end of another BB but one that I think that in time will definitely stand out as one of the most contentious. Things have been said that have upset people, things have happened that have driven most of us to distraction but why so this particular series? I think this one is unique in that we have never had such a large collection of dis-likable housemates under one roof. It took me quite a while to single anyone out as favorites and even now I don't have any single favorite, but those I and most people seem to like are down to Deana, Adam and Luke A. Why? Because they possess that particular human quality that most or the majority identify with. Common decency. They are not without their faults as we all are but at least they have quality of being. It isn't rocket science for me, as the saying goes good manners cost nothing and it's the easiest thing in the world to be reasonable with one another. Yet we have endured a despicable bunch this time in, Conor, Becky, Caroline, Ashleigh, Arron, Shievonne and Luke S.

Sara and Scott don't escape criticism either and are firmly in my dislike corner although not in the same category as the others. They're just hangers on who have shifted like the beads on an abacus whenever it suited them. It was such a pity we lost some potentially strong housemates, who given time could have made this series a lot more comfortable to watch than some of the nastiness we have had to witness.

Anyway the final approaches and the remaining insiders are now in our gun-sights apart from Mr S who will definitely be first out on final night closely followed by Sara. I'm glad good is prevailing and we should get another worthy winner, at least in comparison to what could have won it. Yet I believe the future is bleak for BB as I think they are destroying what it was all about in the first place. I don't think someone finishing in seventh with 50K is something anyone in their wildest dreams could have envisaged. Letters from home - visits from friends and family - family members nominating etc etc etc
Unless it gets back to basics, the original formula and a more meaningful selection housemate wise, it's screwed and in turn we will be also.
I see Deana as just as bad as the rest of them. For me she has no decency whatsoever after last night show. But i agree Channel 5 is messing to much with the show. They need to keep it simple and with great tasks.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM #40
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I agree, aswell, with the OP.
I searched for almost 6 weeks to find a favorite this season, and it wasn't among the insiders.
I haven't mentally been able to watch since the whole white room/Connor fest started, and once he won the money I gave up on this season and started watching the US version. Sad but true.

I hope they make some reverse decisions for next season and give the public what they want. Real people, no nom talk, live feed, no outside phone calls or letters or voting ... etc.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:00 PM #41

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hatface View Post
Excellent post, though to suggest a possible interpretation, it may have been in one sense pure bad luck for the producers that they underestimated the potential of the mean and nasty crew to band together and strategically eliminate some very promising characters early in the run.

Having said that, I hope they will recover more of the original formula next year. I keep hearing how much better that was, and as a latecomer to the show I am very curious to see what it all evolved from.
How right you are. It's sad to think of the BB we could have had if Conor, Ashleigh, Caroline and Luke S had been booted out earlier, and we had kept Benedict, Lydia, Lauren and Chris a bit longer. Better still had it been you selected to go into the house rather than the dreadful Becky, I'm sure it would have been so much more interesting. Thankfully there are three still left in there, any of which I wouldn't mind seeing win.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM #42
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Well to be quite honest, I'd rather have Caroline, Arron, Lydia or Benedict win this series than any of the dullards left in the house right now.

Don't get me wrong, I've been on the Outsiders Side for the majority of the show.

But I'm one of these fans that like ENTERTAINING PEOPLE to win the show. Not someone who's 'nice'. This is what happened in BB9 and it ruined a great series.

Anyway, BB13's easily been one of the best series ever.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM #43

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Good well constructed post, I think perhaps one of the reasons why this series of BB has failed to press all the buttons is because the Producers allowed HM to talk about nominations and this in turn led to the level of gossiping/bitching going through the roof. I think it ultimately had an adverse effect on the quality of the show as large parts of the HM's characters were never allowed to develop. Only the strongest Bitchiest ones were on shown in the nightly HL. This is why groups developed (strength in numbers) and we ended up with the Insiders v Outsiders. And of course not having any LF we effectively were only shown 60 mins a night of bickering HM's...good entertainment.. well yes it was good in parts, but a lot of the HM's never got to show their full character and due to the nominations being agreed between HM, a lot of potentially good charaters were evicted before they ever really had a chance.

So, next series lets keep nominations in the DR where they belong.......
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 PM #44
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel

Great post OP. Agree with it all, next series I want more grounded people, like Deana, Luke A and Benedict etc. from this year, with a couple of HMs like Lydia in to mix it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Evicted week 1 + 2
Ahaha this

Last edited by Apple202; 08-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:45 PM #45

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Great post! I definitely agreed with the majority of what you said.

Last edited by Flamingjoe; 08-08-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Flamingjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM #46
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple202 View Post
Great post OP. Agree with it all, next series I want more grounded people, like Deana, Luke A and Benedict etc. from this year, with a couple of HMs like Lydia in to mix it up.

Ahaha this
The only problem with having a houseful of nice people is it becomes a bloody snoozefest. We can watch songs of praise anytime but bb offers controvosy and conflict, the bread and butter of reality tv. I think that the right people are in there this year without a doubt, it is just that the muppets controling them have lost control and respect plus the tasks are crap which is no wonder looking at the dork in charge of them.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM #47
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Prince Lorenzo
BB13: Benedict
Stow Away

Favourites (more):

I am use to twists on the American BB.

However this season on bbuk didn't feel like they were twists, it felt like I was being screwed with. It felt like it made things really unfair.
glasstangerine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM #48
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
Stow Away

Favourites (more):

I think that we underestimate the fact that they walked in the door to nominations. That played a huge part in starting people sceming before they even knew each other. It made the game a battle in housemates minds, and not a "getting to know you" show.

Also in the UK they always refer to them as housemates, where in the US they are called 'players' 70% of the time. Also most of their tasks are called competitions.

Dont make them competitive players, please BB. I hate it.
glasstangerine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM #49

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
How right you are. It's sad to think of the BB we could have had if Conor, Ashleigh, Caroline and Luke S had been booted out earlier, and we had kept Benedict, Lydia, Lauren and Chris a bit longer. Better still had it been you selected to go into the house rather than the dreadful Becky, I'm sure it would have been so much more interesting. Thankfully there are three still left in there, any of which I wouldn't mind seeing win.
In terms of potential worthy winners it certainly has worked out well, though I too am wondering how it might have harmed or more likely improved the series if it had consisted more of the stand-out personalities and less of the dreary, shallow types (Lushleigh being pre-eminent, and their long-term survival if nothing else stands testimony to the strategic value of a hollow match of convenience).

And thanks for the message of support. I'll keep on applying, unless the producers tell me categorically to stop making a nuisance of myself or my family invests in a strait-jacket ...
Anthony Hatface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 PM #50
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
No likey no reedy.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, wanted