Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
some possible good news on the thug Conors 50k. neighbours son has just come back from visiting relatives in the area of Birmingham where Deanas family live. Apparently they are hard working, popular people, and are considering taking legal action against
Conor, and no its not about money according to those that know them. They just found it very distressing having to listen to that vile man, plus his family on twitter etc, supporters making excuses for his behaviour on forums havent helped. Can identify with them I would feel the same if it had been done to a member of my family. Wonder if thats why his girlfriend has suddenly gone quiet. He really is hated in that area.
Fingers crossd that the vile Conor may need some of that money to pay legal fees.
Luke A or Deana to win
I wish that Conor would face questions from the police or the courts over what he said about Deana, because those comments would have seen him dismissed from a job or face charges outside the BB house. It's appalling to read people talking about him being a great housemate and how his words should be forgotten. How the hell did the BB producers allow him to stay in the house and, even more staggering, let him walk off with a financial reward? I guess some people on these boards are winding us up when they claim that Conor was great housemate.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 PM #27

Well look, I understand that a small minority of people think that Conors great, but that minority is either irish and female, or just female!.

That said anyone who trys to defend what Conor said and trys to defend Conors behaviour has lost the plot!

I think BB seriously need to take a look at what they have done, and perhaps ensure that they dont do anything like that again!. That said knowing how this show works after watching so many of them, they will probably continue to sabotage the concept of the show, with the aim of adding one more viewer to their ever declining viewing figures!
rsefitpro2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM #28

How many Conor supporters on tibb actually stand by what he said about Deana that night? Cos I know that I didn't.

Last edited by Conor; 08-08-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCR1942 View Post
It is difficult to argue with you rocket.
What disconcerns me most is to read comments from so many women defending (or at least down-playing) Conor's behaviour. Such are the men who commit all the dreadful examples of domestic violence. His actions were filmed and on national TV, just imagine what he is like behind closed doors.
Apart from his threats to Deana he utterly brow-beat Scott and Becky when he supposedly apologised to them in his quest to avoid further nominations.
I agree with you and several housemates were genuinely afraid to cross him. Hence the non votes at the face off nominations. BB knew that no one dare vote Connot face to face apart from the brave Deena. Therefore they knew that he would have the lowest noms.
However the show has always been about manipulation. Not just manipulating the housemates but also the viewers. In effect BB can do as they like as long as they stay within the law. The only thing that viewers can do in protest is not vote.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 AM #30

Just what we needed. Another thread started to complain about Connor. How original.
pcro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 AM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
What is the real prize for winning BB? That is what this comes down to.

Is it the money or the fact that you have been voted the winner?

Conor did what most people would, he took the cash. Should he have been given the chance? No.

Not because he was a pig. But because it was 50% of the prize money.

There should be something extra in it for the winner. The person who has been voted by us, the audience, to win. That is the whole point of the show.

We, the fans, have been cheated of the chance to reward the character of our choice. And that’s my problem with what happened.

Yes I agree the winning HM should leave with more than the Conman, so I think the best way to address this would be to introduce a task for the final five in which they all play to win the biggest share of a £50K prize. And then the actual winner of BB would walk away with the winners £50K + whatever amount they won in the final task. So no matter who wins they will walk away with more than Conor , so at least justice would be seen to be done.

This could work and would right a few wrongs caused by the White room fiasco.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:49 AM #32
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
some possible good news on the thug Conors 50k. neighbours son has just come back from visiting relatives in the area of Birmingham where Deanas family live. Apparently they are hard working, popular people, and are considering taking legal action against
Conor, and no its not about money according to those that know them. They just found it very distressing having to listen to that vile man, plus his family on twitter etc, supporters making excuses for his behaviour on forums havent helped. Can identify with them I would feel the same if it had been done to a member of my family. Wonder if thats why his girlfriend has suddenly gone quiet. He really is hated in that area.
Fingers crossd that the vile Conor may need some of that money to pay legal fees.
Luke A or Deana to win
So its not about money eh. Well that is pretty hard to understand especially since he has 50k now. Racism will never die when there are people like them around.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 AM #33

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

It was an awful idea to give half of the prize fund that was meant for the 'WINNER' to anyone other than 'THE WINNER', especially in a random task that didn't even give every housemate left in there a chance to take the money!
If the money was an extra sum of money separate from the main prize fund it would have been something but to in effect punish or penalize the eventual winner for absolutely no reason was utterly preposterous and shameful.

And the fact that it was Conor, of all people, who was allowed to take the money just rubs salt in an already gaping and festering wound.

This whole series of BB has been a total shambles from beginning to (nearly) end. Any other 'gameshow' would have been strung up by OFCOM and the like but the mere inclusion of the ever ridiculous "Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time" loophole clause somehow makes BB and Endemol immune to and exempt from a multitude of rules and laws that everyone else has to abide to rigidly.

I used to LOVE the Summer Big Brother marathons passionately but this year i found it uncomfortable to watch at the best of times and ended up switching it off for more of the time than i watched it.

The fact that it looks pretty much certain that one of the few decent housemates in there this year will win BB13 is a small but nonetheless worthwhile recompense but still not nearly sweet enough to cover the nasty taste this years show has left in the mouths of the true Big Brother fans.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

I agree that the white room task prize should have been 25k, and that other housemates should have been eligible, the fact that Conor won it is rubbing salt into the wound. As halfacrown said in the outside world he would be dismissed from a job & possibly face criminal charges. I wouldnt blame Deana or her family if they did take legal action, and I would say the same about any other housemate had they been treated that way. So far the only one playing the "race card" is Samptv which speaks volumes about you. Have you really got no female relatives that you would be upset about if they were treated that way? Your response to jtm45 post suggest that you have a problem with strong women (you & Conor cut from the same cloth perhaps)
Deana may not be the nicest housemate but she didnt deserve those threats, (none of the housemates did) Samptv your hatres of Deana is bordering on the obssessive, but perhaps we will just have to be adults and agree to disagree on the way she has been treated.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 AM #35

Thumbs down Connor cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
its a total joke a thug gets 50k and a week of. the other bully gets a free pass.
and deana isnt even allowed to wind the nob up withoout getting grief from the public.
no wonder she isn't holding back the show is a farce now.
conor has already won the show. they are all playing for 2nd place.

whether i watch the next normal one is debatable. as bb have been terrable the way they have run this bb. from their failure to deal with the the conor incident the countless bullying warnings. the silly punishments. the biased editing. the sudden no facebook voting. the obvious twist to make conor win n go.
long list unlike most i never usally have complaints about the other shows
They were both told to keep their hands off the podium but only Luke S complied. Connor kept his hands wrapped around the buzzer. Luke S could never have beat him to the buzzer.
suebooangie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 AM #36
took 2 sausages

took 2 sausages

whatever, conor won the 50k fair and square, not much we can do about it now. he lived at his parents and the personal trainer thing wasn't paying to much? great, the 50k he won by producers choice mean that deana suing him might result in actual pay off for her. i'm glad he wants to waste the money on a wedding, a holiday for his family and **** like that, worst thing for deana supporters would have been if he tries to gamble with that money, at least a big chunk of that money will still be there when she leaves the house. the way things have played out, i can actually root for either luke a. or adam to win and deana still might get some money out of all this.
Halfwit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Although I dislike the fact that the prize money was so equally divided between true winner and rich walker, I can take the Conor thing more or less in my stride. He said something truly vile to impress a bunch of ignorant peers, will have to live with the label of a misogynistic bully and a suspected racist outside his close circle, but as Adam suggested when Conor is somewhat older and a bit less arrogant (one can but hope) he will look back with regret. At any rate, the money came to him by a silly fluke rather than an act of mass public approval. If Luke A or Ashleigh are actually awarded the other half by public vote, that will be a sadder statement ...
Anthony Hatface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM #38
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

You are all missing a very big point. Luke s was supposed to take the money, conor was to go through cause you all said he was confident and would win it. I guess he made fools of you all eh, lol.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
You are all missing a very big point. Luke s was supposed to take the money, conor was to go through cause you all said he was confident and would win it. I guess he made fools of you all eh, lol.
Was that the forecast result or something? I don't tend to pay close attention to BBBOTS strategy announcements. I don't think I'd have ruled out either of them taking the loot.
Anthony Hatface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwit View Post
whatever, conor won the 50k fair and square, not much we can do about it now. he lived at his parents and the personal trainer thing wasn't paying to much? great, the 50k he won by producers choice mean that deana suing him might result in actual pay off for her. i'm glad he wants to waste the money on a wedding, a holiday for his family and **** like that, worst thing for deana supporters would have been if he tries to gamble with that money, at least a big chunk of that money will still be there when she leaves the house. the way things have played out, i can actually root for either luke a. or adam to win and deana still might get some money out of all this.
I dont think anyone is suing anybody, as far as I'm aware no offence has been committed that would warrant criminal charges so there will be no police prosecution. As regards a Civil prosecution it would cost more than the £50K in question.

The unpalatable truth is that somebody managed to win a place on a reality TV show whose nasty thuggish behaviour was rewarded with a large cash prize whilst the main victim of this will probably walk away empty handed.

Shame on BB producers for introducing this ridiculous WR nonsense and allowing the afore mentioned person to be involved in it....!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, unfair