Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 23-08-2012, 08:39 AM #26
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I will re-phrase what I originally said.
To me she is a soap legend and I see her as a National treasure in the annals of soapstar history.

Even other students I know who watch Corrie,also my family, would all love her back in Corrie even for a short time or even one more storyline.
I am even hearing people using the ''get it. got it,good'' phrase she used on going in the house.
She may not have worked regularly for a fair while now but many actors and actresses end up that way,however,as Bet Lynch, she holds as much a place as Elsie Tanner or any other older higher cast member as to Coronation Street in importance.
Watching old episodes of Corrie with her in,many are gripping viewing as she was in it even before I was born.

It's a role that made her, gave her great success and it's a role she could still play now, giving it full justice too as the opening night of CBB showed.
I really like her and for many years she was a strong and vital part of Coronation Streets continuing success,in my opinion anyway.
That cannot be taken away from her and because of that, a great many other people hold her still in the highest regard.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 09:02 AM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I used to watch too, and it is a shame she has become a caricature of bet. She is a great actress and it surprised me that she didn't go on to have success in other roles following corrie.
To cling to her past success and attempt to milk it into your 70's though is a sad sight to see.
It may be time to put bet where she belongs in the past and concentrate on being julie?
Old 23-08-2012, 10:11 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitytvsux View Post
You're right. It's weird but I'm now starting to think Samantha is the best of the lot (of the females). Never thought that would happen.
Dont be fooled by Samantha remember this is the journalist who wrote a self loving article to deliberatly get attention and she has made a pretty penny from it. However she never quite expected the 'hate' backlash and is now intent on showing the public what a sweet person she is. She has already written a bad article on Rhian.... wait til she gets out...she will show her true colours once again.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:10 AM #29
realitytvsux

realitytvsux

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Dont be fooled by Samantha remember this is the journalist who wrote a self loving article to deliberatly get attention and she has made a pretty penny from it. However she never quite expected the 'hate' backlash and is now intent on showing the public what a sweet person she is. She has already written a bad article on Rhian.... wait til she gets out...she will show her true colours once again.
You could be right, she comes across as pretty intelligent so maybe she is just playing a game. She is keeping it up pretty well if it is a game so I am inclined to reserve judgment. I also think the whole article was probably written to a specific brief from the crap newspaper she writes for. On the other hand Cheryl has her doubts about her and she could very well be right. Bottom line I'm not sure!
realitytvsux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:26 AM #30

I think this only goes to show how low Rhian can go.
showtime77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
julie, ratting, rhian