Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 27-08-2012, 10:44 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
What.....?? She wasn't allowed to attend the Funeral of someone she had worked with for decades !!! Betty's family wouldn't let her attend Betty's funeral. That's very odd??

Oh.... Perhaps you are referring to Betty's on screen Funeral , which means the Corrie production chiefs didn't want her anywhere near the cast or set.

Either way it doesn't show Julie in a very positive light..!!!
She attended Betty Drivers funeral, they were very good friends in real life.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:55 AM #52
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I obviously as I always do, respect totally you and your post above kazanne, it does make interesting reading, although in the main it seems she was more a pain to the production team than as to the other cast members overall.
I guess the same can be said as to many actors and actresses, Joan Collins for one when on Dynasty for instance.
I watched old re-runs of dynasty a couple of years back, thought she was great in that but also she was an actress with constant demands too.

I obviously take your post of the article as presented in the Mail as a 'possible' take on her with likely foundation to parts of it.
However from what I have learned as to the press I take much of what they say as a bit of truth with a lot of selective invention.
The Mail and the Sun are 2 papers particularly I have come to disregard for their near nonsense over the years.

I can accept younger actors on Corrie may have been not so overjoyed at her return at times but like in all areas, older more established stars are seen as threats once younger actors and actresses are looking for the best storylines.

Her demands etc; as listed in that Mail article does not though convey her being really nasty to other cast members overall,it deals with headaches for the producers and directing team but not necessaily with any venom coming against her from the majority of Corrie cast members.
Many actors and actresses are known and accepted as being often unreasonable people at times in their demands and attitude,it applies to them all though and I am sure many of Corrie's current cast make strong demands at times too.

The storylines for Bet on Corrie dried up largely after her association with Alec who she married in the series,therein likely lies the problem with any future return, really only Emily, Ken, Dierdre, Gail,Rita,Kevin and Sally are any vehicles for any storyline with Bet now.

For me, it is telling though, that her character has never been killed off by any producers of Corrie,she was a part of the 50th anniversary celebrations for Corrie and her character could walk onto the street anytime if it was thought mileage was in it.
Who knows what could come after CBB.
Cheryl Fergison for instance, on bbbots,said she loved Julie and was sure they would be doing something together in the future.

I guess it all boils down to whether people liked her character in Corrie, and also whether they like her or not as Julie or see her as irrelevant now.
I like her,as her character Bet and also as Julie the person,I see no wrong in what she has done in life or even what she is doing now on CBB.

In my own view,wanting the best for yourself and being a pain at times is not a crime and I have already seen and read so many lies and false accounts of peoples lives and careers in the press, the Sun and Mail as 2 of the worst offenders of that, to last me a lifetime and I am only 20 now.

Hey kazanne, never worry as to making a long post, you know how I can go on and on at times once I get going.
I generally always agree with you anyway and although we have different takes on matters Julie Goodyear,I will always respect and admire your balance and fairness.
I enjoyed reading it all and thanks for your response to my post as always.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:10 AM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

There is no hard evidence that Julie was refused any request to be part of Betty's funeral on Corrie.

Many people also hoped to see Hilda Ogden return for it but the Corrie team said they didn't want old characters back for the funeral to probably overshadow and detract from the passing of another great Corrie character, namely, Betty.

Julie has herself ruled out returning to Corrie,however if she were to win CBB, do people really believe Corrie producers would not want to try to get her back.
I dare bet if she won CBB,they would be like bees round a honeypot to at least try to get her to agree to just one more even small storyline.

Coronation Street is now a gruelling schedule of recording for the cast now from a decade or so ago,cast members of advancing age have decided to leave for good because of health but also in part due to the punishing recording schedules, such as Bill Tarmey and of course Liz Dawn.

Rita and Emily have virtually only token roles in the street now as storylines,with the exception of Rita's recent wedding to Dennis.
At aged 70 now, Julie Goodyear would likely find it really hard to commit to such a schedule even if they wanted her to.

Times and things change,that is sometimes a sad part of life and TV but inevitably happens.
None of it really makes Julie look like a bad person though,or even a Corrie has been.

Last edited by joeysteele; 27-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:18 AM #54

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
She attended Betty Drivers funeral, they were very good friends in real life.
i think they meant the funeral in Corrie not in real life

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:20 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I obviously as I always do, respect totally you and your post above kazanne, it does make interesting reading, although in the main it seems she was more a pain to the production team than as to the other cast members overall.
I guess the same can be said as to many actors and actresses, Joan Collins for one when on Dynasty for instance.
I watched old re-runs of dynasty a couple of years back, thought she was great in that but also she was an actress with constant demands too.

I obviously take your post of the article as presented in the Mail as a 'possible' take on her with likely foundation to parts of it.
However from what I have learned as to the press I take much of what they say as a bit of truth with a lot of selective invention.
The Mail and the Sun are 2 papers particularly I have come to disregard for their near nonsense over the years.

I can accept younger actors on Corrie may have been not so overjoyed at her return at times but like in all areas, older more established stars are seen as threats once younger actors and actresses are looking for the best storylines.

Her demands etc; as listed in that Mail article does not though convey her being really nasty to other cast members overall,it deals with headaches for the producers and directing team but not necessaily with any venom coming against her from the majority of Corrie cast members.
Many actors and actresses are known and accepted as being often unreasonable people at times in their demands and attitude,it applies to them all though and I am sure many of Corrie's current cast make strong demands at times too.

The storylines for Bet on Corrie dried up largely after her association with Alec who she married in the series,therein likely lies the problem with any future return, really only Emily, Ken, Dierdre, Gail,Rita,Kevin and Sally are any vehicles for any storyline with Bet now.

For me, it is telling though, that her character has never been killed off by any producers of Corrie,she was a part of the 50th anniversary celebrations for Corrie and her character could walk onto the street anytime if it was thought mileage was in it.
Who knows what could come after CBB.
Cheryl Fergison for instance, on bbbots,said she loved Julie and was sure they would be doing something together in the future.

I guess it all boils down to whether people liked her character in Corrie, and also whether they like her or not as Julie or see her as irrelevant now.
I like her,as her character Bet and also as Julie the person,I see no wrong in what she has done in life or even what she is doing now on CBB.

In my own view,wanting the best for yourself and being a pain at times is not a crime and I have already seen and read so many lies and false accounts of peoples lives and careers in the press, the Sun and Mail as 2 of the worst offenders of that, to last me a lifetime and I am only 20 now.

Hey kazanne, never worry as to making a long post, you know how I can go on and on at times once I get going.
I generally always agree with you anyway and although we have different takes on matters Julie Goodyear,I will always respect and admire your balance and fairness.
I enjoyed reading it all and thanks for your response to my post as always.
it's all good Joey,we all have different opinions,i really liked her when she first arrived but sadly that has changed,as always a fair and balanced post

Old 27-08-2012, 11:23 AM #56

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Condemning Julie based on tabloid articles?

That's just desperate.
Old 27-08-2012, 11:31 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
i think they meant the funeral in Corrie not in real life
I was responding to Nedusa's question asking which funeral or both, the post before said it was the corrie one & i replied to Nedusa with that she did attend Betty's real funeral.

Last edited by Ellen; 27-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:34 AM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post

That's just desperate.
I agree , all she has done is to be one of the longest and best loved soap characters of all time. Anything else is gossip and conjecture. Unlike the skanky Danica whose only claim to fame has been to be part of a "rinsing/scamming" con aimed at taking money/ gifts from lonely gullible people.

Julie is a little rough round the edges but she is playing a good game in there..!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:36 AM #59

She is playing a great game and I like her doing it.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:37 AM #60

Default Julie the only honest housemate!

julie is the only honest housemate there! she tells it as she sees it, what you see is what you get! the only one playing a game in the house is martin..he is hoping by doing nothing and saying nothing and being all nicey nice to everyone that he will win...BORING!!!. Julie likes them all
so what?. How stupid and insensitive was colleen to repeat what jasmines mum called Danica last night? Danica and Julie the only two who saw through that silly woman.
funkime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:47 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkime View Post
julie is the only honest housemate there! she tells it as she sees it, what you see is what you get! the only one playing a game in the house is martin..he is hoping by doing nothing and saying nothing and being all nicey nice to everyone that he will win...BORING!!!. Julie likes them all
so what?. How stupid and insensitive was colleen to repeat what jasmines mum called Danica last night? Danica and Julie the only two who saw through that silly woman.
I know she is being honest, but she is still playing a game because as you have seen she is too honest and too nice to all the HM, she is being all things to everybody. We can see this, unlike most of the other HM she tends to have one to one chats where she professes her admiration for them or offers to be their "Rock".

Now we know from Julie's friends and aquaintences that she is not that sugary . So in my mind she is playing a game , an honest game but a game none the less.

And she is winning...!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 11:59 AM #62
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
I thought she was asking Mike if he thought Danica was playing her so she would have an easy nom to make. I came to this conclusion after she was in the diary room saying she was dreading noms because she likes them all and bb asked, has anyone done anything to any other hm that would warrent a nomination. Who was her second nom?
I would have to watch it again to be 100% sure, but I believe she was asking him if he felt played, maybe someone else can confirm which way it was.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:22 PM #63
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"Honest?" Im struggling to get my breath
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:24 PM #64
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
I would have to watch it again to be 100% sure, but I believe she was asking him if he felt played, maybe someone else can confirm which way it was.
Yes, she did ask him if he felt he was being played

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 27-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 27-08-2012, 12:26 PM #65
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

well some crazy ol bint won last year so....
Old 27-08-2012, 12:29 PM #66
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
well some crazy ol bint won last year so....
A lot nicer than this twisted cow
Old 27-08-2012, 12:32 PM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
A lot nicer than this twisted cow
In your opinion...
Old 27-08-2012, 12:34 PM #68

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:34 PM #69
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
In your opinion...
Of course, just the same as what you say is YOUR opinion
Old 27-08-2012, 12:36 PM #70
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Of course, just the same as what you say is YOUR opinion
No it isn't...It's gospel
Old 27-08-2012, 12:37 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That's just desperate.
I'm 'condemning' her as you put it,for how she has been in the house,but it's not only tabloid articles that run these stories,is it?

Old 27-08-2012, 12:39 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm 'condemning' her as you put it,for how she has been in the house,but it's not only tabloid articles that run these stories,is it?
Got anything solid then? Other than gossip and newspaper articles?
Old 27-08-2012, 12:43 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Got anything solid then? Other than gossip and newspaper articles?
There is no vaccine for stupidity,you know full well that it has been said by various people what she is like,but, you are just trying to annoy,go play with someone else

Old 27-08-2012, 12:58 PM #74
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes me too ,I had read things for years about her, but I have judged her 100% on how shes been in the house
Old 27-08-2012, 12:59 PM #75
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There is no vaccine for stupidity,you know full well that it has been said by various people what she is like,but, you are just trying to annoy,go play with someone else
This is why they are on blank with me

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, gameplayer, goodyear, julie