Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother Cartoons uk View Post
Evidence?

Coleen didn't feel the love (so blinkin' what) so immediately started bitching and whining that Julie didn't like her.

I must have been watching a different show to everyone else.

Meanwhile

here's the facts

Julie told ALL housemates she loved them....she is a lovey, that's what lovies do!..She HAD to vote for two people. That makes her two-faced? the fact the show forces housemates as part of the game to nominate two people?
Er... by nominating her using the silly reason that she's got children. When quite clearly that was the easy option rather than saying what she really felt.

If Julie had been honest and said she didn't really like Coleen, or brought up anything Coleen did that she didn't like then she's have been better off than just slagging off without approaching the issue she had with her.

Like I said, not liking someone is fine, nominating someone is fine. But telling them to their face that they like them, we should stick together (it wasn't just the phrase "I love you" that lovey's come out with), we get on great etc and then ripping into her behind her back is what I had the huge problem with.

If she'd just told Coleen to her face I'd have probably remained Julie's fan.

But to then deny being the way she was outside the house when it's staring her in the face on video footage and anytime she's questioned she switches it around and avoids answering the question just makes her a pathetically hypocritical old woman.

Last edited by Marsh.; 08-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM #77
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
Works both ways flaming with the Julie-brigade posting irrelevant rubbish from wikipedia.
What irrelevant rubbish was posted by Julie fans?? I've not seen anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Look Julie fans, she wasnt popular. Ok she "beat" Lozza but he had no fanbase whatsover. Sure Martin kemp was popular but had she'd been nice she would have stayed. Julie has gained a handful of fans and shed sackloads. Its just confirmed rumours and suspiciona that shes an unlikable arrogant rudr obnoxious character.
She WAS popular, just because you & others on here didn't like her does not make her unpopular you know

She is a diva who takes no prisoners & doesn't care what she says or what people think THAT'S why the people that like her like her! I don't see her behaviour as negative thing at all & find her hilarious! Why shouldn't she act like that? Who's to say a 70 year old woman should be like some sweet old granny?? Plenty of people find the 'Nan' on Catherine Tate's show funny & she is far worse than Julie!

By the way a Daily Mail article proves bugger all, this is the same newspaper that tried to get Julian Clary banned rom TV & every single year predicts an extinction event cold winter & hottest summer on record
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM #78
Not a heffa

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB17: Jayne

Not a heffa

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB17: Jayne

Lemme just throw my two cents in here and base my opinion of Julie from what I saw of her in the CBB house.

I think she's an entertaining person who always makes people chuckle, but at the same time, she's a back-stabber. Plain and simple. She's definitely someone I couldn't trust and reminds me of one of the bitchy girls you bump into when at high-school.

There's no-one that can convince me otherwise. I don't like her and I probably never will, but she was good entertainment and I do believe she should have replaced Ashley/Harvey in the finals.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM #79
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Well apparently the 'Loose Women' don't like Coleen any more, they never mentioned her being on CBB (when they did with Denise & campaigned for her to win)... Coleen's husband even mentioned on Twitter that he was disgusted with them for not showing Coleen support & that they were jealous of her & even Carol McGiffin (who went on BOTS) later Tweeted that she was supporting Julie!!

Seems it's confirmed Coleen isn't the nice lady she makes out after all!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM #80
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Tom
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
Er... by nominating her using the silly reason that she's got children. When quite clearly that was the easy option rather than saying what she really felt.

If Julie had been honest and said she didn't really like Coleen, or brought up anything Coleen did that she didn't like then she's have been better off than just slagging off without approaching the issue she had with her.

Like I said, not liking someone is fine, nominating someone is fine. But telling them to their face that they like them, we should stick together (it wasn't just the phrase "I love you" that lovey's come out with), we get on great etc and then ripping into her behind her back is what I had the huge problem with.

If she'd just told Coleen to her face I'd have probably remained Julie's fan.

But to then deny being the way she was outside the house when it's staring her in the face on video footage and anytime she's questioned she switches it around and avoids answering the question just makes her a pathetically hypocritical old woman.

Quite a few housemates used the kids excuse for nominating so I assume you hate all of them also?

Meanwhile when Julie said 'let's stick together' she was sincere. She did NOT nominate Coleen after that conversation.

Julie never once said anything of note other than off hand comments which might sound very OTT but for her it's normal expressions because she uses them often. Not nice but also not intended to cause great offence. She calls people bastards the way you and I might call them cheeky monkeys. It's just her way.

I still haven't seen one good genuine piece of evidence written here on anywhere else that supports the OTT abuse she's getting. Not one word. It's mad...but it does show the power of hype.
Big Brother Cartoons uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM #81
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well apparently the 'Loose Women' don't like Coleen any more, they never mentioned her being on CBB (when they did with Denise & campaigned for her to win)... Coleen's husband even mentioned on Twitter that he was disgusted with them for not showing Coleen support & that they were jealous of her & even Carol McGiffin (who went on BOTS) later Tweeted that she was supporting Julie!!

Seems it's confirmed Coleen isn't the nice lady she makes out after all!
Indeed, we saw her do a substantial amount of bitching, that we HAVE seen, Julie did nothing like it..its bizarre how easily led people are.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM #82
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Love in the showbusinees world is a word usually badly used. I can like everyone around me but still have things to say as to them at times as I am sure they would about me too.
Just because you may seem to be getting at people it doesn't always mean that you still cannot like them.

Look at Oscars and awards speeches where winners go an about loving nearly the whole world and the losers smile and say, they really love the winners and are over the moon for them.
Of course they are,I don't think.

As to Corrie, Julie was known for being demanding and looking for special privileges,especially in later years, however there are few moans at her from the cast, many of who loved working with her in her 25 years on and off as to Corrie.
I would dare bet many actors and actresses in soaps are demanding after many years in their roles.

Julie Goodyear was one of the really big leading people on Corrie, her fire at the Rovers episode was watched at the time by 22 million viewers, she won many awards and so I take all these reports with a pinch of salt.

I keep coming back to this point but for certain,in most cases, if she was as bad as has been stated,plus the cast and producers really were sick of her then they always have the perfect vehicle to use to end all that.
Kill her character in Corrie off. How odd that that has never been rumoured to be going to happen and obviously hasn't happened.
Bet Lynch could at any time return to Corrie still, she may likely not now because as was said, she finds the recording schedules and deadlines too demanding now, as do some of the other older cast as well as the younger ones too.

Martin in the CBB house was going on about really liking this one and that one and loving everyone in the house but even he still said things to others about them behind their backs.
They are actors and actresses,that is what they do.It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 AM #83
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):

@joeysteele. Indeed, back in the day we only had three tv channels. Corrie was the biggest show on tv and she was the biggest actor on that show and thus she was at that time the single biggest actor on tv. Now that is something. Who today equates to that? She was to tv then what David beck ham now is to football. Don't tell me people would say ' who are ya, who are ya? To David Beckham lol or not allow him certain privileges or respect. All stars get divaish when they reach that level of fame because they are surrounded by suck-ups. She's not a bad egg, not at all. Never seen a kiss and tell or bitchy public rant from her in all these years and that's not including what she thought were private rants in the house. We ALL do that!

Last edited by Big Brother Cartoons uk; 09-09-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 AM #84
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Julie didn't kill anyone, or hit anyone. She didn't make anyone cry. She didn't give anyone a breakdown. She was no better or worse than any of them - just different. She didn't behave as some people thought a 70 yr old should - but I just love elderly people who don't conform to the 'rules' and constraints that a younger society impose on them. Why the hell should they? You only live once and they haven't all the time in the world left.
I have to laugh at the nastiness of people as they describe Julie's 'nastiness'. Pot, kettle and all that.

You should be grateful to the woman for not bringing in her knitting and smiling gently at everyone before snoozing off for most of the day - thank her for growing old disgracefully!
Very well said
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 AM #85
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Love in the showbusinees world is a word usually badly used. I can like everyone around me but still have things to say as to them at times as I am sure they would about me too.
Just because you may seem to be getting at people it doesn't always mean that you still cannot like them.

Look at Oscars and awards speeches where winners go an about loving nearly the whole world and the losers smile and say, they really love the winners and are over the moon for them.
Of course they are,I don't think.

As to Corrie, Julie was known for being demanding and looking for special privileges,especially in later years, however there are few moans at her from the cast, many of who loved working with her in her 25 years on and off as to Corrie.
I would dare bet many actors and actresses in soaps are demanding after many years in their roles.

Julie Goodyear was one of the really big leading people on Corrie, her fire at the Rovers episode was watched at the time by 22 million viewers, she won many awards and so I take all these reports with a pinch of salt.

I keep coming back to this point but for certain,in most cases, if she was as bad as has been stated,plus the cast and producers really were sick of her then they always have the perfect vehicle to use to end all that.
Kill her character in Corrie off. How odd that that has never been rumoured to be going to happen and obviously hasn't happened.
Bet Lynch could at any time return to Corrie still, she may likely not now because as was said, she finds the recording schedules and deadlines too demanding now, as do some of the other older cast as well as the younger ones too.

Martin in the CBB house was going on about really liking this one and that one and loving everyone in the house but even he still said things to others about them behind their backs.
They are actors and actresses,that is what they do.It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
In a sense you are saying actors are incapaple of forming real and genuine frienships, or exhibiting their real feeling and emotions in any given situation.
Actors and those in the media are not infallible they have personality flaws the same as the rest of us....
No matter what job you do for 25yrs you have no right to treat collegues like dirt, and bad behaviour should not be excused.
That aside some felt her behaviour in the house was inexcusable, and some didn't we all have differing ideas of what is acceptable. One thing I have never agreed with is that boundries are interchangable depending on who oversteps them.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM #86
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):
Fun caricatures

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
That aside some felt her behaviour in the house was inexcusable,
I just wish one of 'those' would itemise the bad behaviour that was inexcusable.

Just one line will do...

Something of course that none of the other housemates are also guilty of...

(Chewing gum, smoking lots of fags, needing special attention because she's disabled, swearing as a way of speaking, telling housemates you love them, having to nominate as part of the game and being 'nice about it', private conversations with her hairdresser.... don't count.....on account of they are utterly pathetic reasons for spitting the amount of venom we're seeing here).

Last edited by Big Brother Cartoons uk; 09-09-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM #87
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
In a sense you are saying actors are incapaple of forming real and genuine frienships, or exhibiting their real feeling and emotions in any given situation.
Actors and those in the media are not infallible they have personality flaws the same as the rest of us....
No matter what job you do for 25yrs you have no right to treat collegues like dirt, and bad behaviour should not be excused.
That aside some felt her behaviour in the house was inexcusable, and some didn't we all have differing ideas of what is acceptable. One thing I have never agreed with is that boundries are interchangable depending on who oversteps them.
I think you completely missed my point. Thankfully others got it though.

Nowhere did I say actors and actresses are incapable of forming true and good friendships with others, what I said was the word 'love' is very loosely used in the main in the showbusiness world between actors and actresses in certain situations.

I also never said it was right to treat colleagues badly, where on earth did I say that?
I said Julie had got demanding as to producers for certain privileges,(as many actors/actresses do, Joan Collins on Dynasty for example),nowhere is there any real dislike or intent to dislike Julie from her colleagues as to Corrie or evidence that she treated any of them badly either,(or vice versa even).

Some didn't find her behaviour in the house pleasing, many others did, just as in fact as to all housemates some found their behaviour not pleasing while others did,it doesn't just apply to Julie.
Neither does any of that behaviour make her this demon of a figure that some paint her as on here or in fact make her a bad person even.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 PM #88

So glad she didn't win.
ransom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 PM #89

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Aaron

Julie was an entertaining Hm but an awful woman with a ruthless, malicious streak. The way she kissed Coleen and grabbed her boobs was aggressive and contemptuous, really vile. The fact she saw nothing wrong with that behavior spoke volumes about her as a person.
She is a nasty old crone and no excuses will make her anything else.
You would think at 70 she would have learned some self awareness and empathy. She can be funny but she is so full of self entitlement and spite, she is thoroughly unlikable.
The way BOts condoned her behavior was disgusting also.

Last edited by TIGHAMADAN; 11-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.
TIGHAMADAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corrie, era, horrid, julie, stories