Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-10-2012, 06:10 PM #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
don't say "yank" like that, it sounds offensive.

OK I will Lock the Word Up Again
Alex.

Sorry
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 06:14 PM #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
OK I will Lock the Word Up Again
Alex.

Sorry
thanks.
Old 25-10-2012, 06:26 PM #903
Banned

Banned

The next person who attempts to derail this thread shall be punished harshly.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 06:28 PM #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The next person who attempts to derail this thread shall be punished harshly.
understood.

Last edited by lostalex; 25-10-2012 at 06:29 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 06:30 PM #905
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

i can see these cases pushing my tv licence up!
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 06:53 PM #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
No Good news is that is Locked
I think they should take it off every BBC Manager in the UK
Old 26-10-2012, 01:17 AM #907

Exclamation Jimmy Savile: BBC tempers flare as scandal deepens

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...s-8226551.html

Quote:
The BBC's problems over the Jimmy Savile scandal deepened with a furious confrontation between a senior executive and a producer in the corporation’s office.

David Jordan, the head of editorial policy, is alleged to have stormed into the Panorama offices and called Newsnight producer Merion Jones “a despicable person”.

Mr Jones - whose original investigation into child abuse claims was dropped, sparking claims of a cover-up - is said to have replied robustly by criticising Mr Jordan’s role in making public statements on behalf of the corporation.

Sources said the row took place in front of other staff and was a sign of the strains that the Savile affair has put the BBC under.
Good for Merion .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 06:14 AM #908

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

As I write this the Police are preparing to question many high profile figures in relation to the Jimmy Savile sex abuse case. These people may have been part of a possible Paedophile ring back in the 70's or they may have been complicit in providing children from children's homes to these people. Or they may have covered up evidence of child sex abuse to protect Savile and other high profile members of this group.

Either way this is explosive stuff and the people about to be arrested whether innocent or guilty will effectively have their reputations flushed down the toilet.

This could develop into one of the biggest child sex scandals this country has ever seen...!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 07:30 AM #909
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
They can stop paying overatated chat show hosts 6 million a year for a start, that would go along way to compensating the abused.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 07:31 AM #910
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omah View Post
Yeah we all love a robust denial.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 07:38 AM #911

Old 26-10-2012, 09:52 AM #912

Arrow Jimmy Savile and the BBC - the story that just keeps on running...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
I'm ****ing sick of hearing about Saville! He can never be brought to justice, so what is the point in it all??
22-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
It will just fade into nothing there isnt any other possible outcome.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gree...?newsfeed=true

Quote:
It is very rare for stories to run and run for weeks on end with consistent front page coverage. The Jimmy Savile scandal is therefore a very rare story indeed.

Today, five national dailies splash on various aspects of the story - The Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Metro and The Independent - as shown here.

It also gets front page headlines in three other titles - the Daily Telegraph (BBC chief swept up in a 'tsunami of filth'); The Times (BBC failed to correct Savile errors); and The Guardian (300 alleged Savile victims in police inquiry)

Both the Daily Mail (Patten's new clash with ministers over Savile) and the Daily Express give it full inside pages (Savile 'abused underage girl in caravan at BBC')

Even the Financial Times carries yet another news story (Savile victims allege some BBC staff complicit).

And there are plenty of critical commentaries about the BBC as well, such as Andrew Gilligan's in the Telegraph and Richard Littlejohn's in the Mail and also Richard Morrison's short piece in The Times.

Within 24 hours, the Savile abuse story took off. For the last 26 days, every paper, every day, has carried news stories about the scandal. It has also dominated TV and radio news bulletins. Phone-in programmes have been devoted to the topic.

In the history of what we call "media feeding frenzies" the Savile story is already one of the most enduring, and it is obvious that there is plenty more to come.
There certainly is .....

Last edited by Omah; 26-10-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 26-10-2012, 10:00 AM #913
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Well i'm guessing a few 'small fry' will get cooked, but as savile himself said if he ''went down'' he would take people with him.
Thats the real reason none of this would have happened whilst he was alive, he knew too much. What other explanation is there?
Old 26-10-2012, 05:58 PM #914

Arrow Freddie Starr: I will talk to Jimmy Savile police...

but I did nothing wrong

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...savile-1401249

Quote:
Freddie Starr today offered to talk to police investigating Jimmy Savile abuse claims - but once again strongly denied any wrongdoing.

The comedian appeared on Savile's BBC Clunk Click show in 1974 alongside Karin Ward, who was then aged 14.

Ms Ward told ITV News earlier this month she had been “horribly humiliated by Freddie, who had a bad attack of wandering hands and groped me”.

But Freddie has vigorously denied the claims he groped her in Savile’s dressing room, saying it was an “utter lie”.

Speaking outside his home today, the 69-year-old said: "I have said from the word go that I wanted to be interviewed.

"I have always said that I wanted to be interviewed. I have got the press phoning me up to ask if I have been interviewed. I got sick of it.

"Everybody, the press, the police, people at the BBC, they knew that things were going on with Jimmy Savile.

"Everybody is guilty of this. You can put the finger on everybody at the BBC. This fellow was at school when all this was happening."

A spokeswoman for Freddie added: "Freddie is prepared to be interviewed by the police, but his lawyer has been in touch with the person that is heading the investigation and they have no intention of questioning him."

A second spokesman for Starr released a statement saying he had been in "direct contact with the officer leading the Jimmy Savile investigation".

He added: "I asked him the direct question whether the police wished to question Mr Starr as we had heard from the Press that such questioning was imminent.

"He replied, in writing, as follows: 'We have said nothing of the sort, there has been much inaccurate speculation on such matters but should that be considered in the future I have cc'd in the SIO so he is aware of your details.'

"It would therefore appear clear that the police currently have no intention to question Mr Starr.

"Mr Starr has continually denied the allegation made by Karin Ward and we have always maintained that there is absolutely no corroborating evidence to support such wild allegation.

"The confirmation from the police today that there is no intention to question Mr Starr at present supports this."

A Scotland Yard spokesman declined to comment.

Earlier this month, Freddie said: “I was sick to the stomach when I heard that. It is disgusting and it never happened.”

He added he missed out on “the swinging 70s” party era as he was “happily married, private, a workaholic and a bore!”

Today the Mirror revealed that celebrities named by victims in the Savile investigation are set to be quizzed within days.
We shall see .....
Old 26-10-2012, 11:39 PM #915

King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 11:39 PM #916

Thumbs up Jimmy Savile: Catholic Church seeks to strip star of Papal knighthood

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...nighthood.html

Quote:
There is growing disquiet among senior members of the church, which has itself been rocked by child abuse scandals, that the disgraced late TV presenter’s name remains on the list of recipients of one of the highest awards the Pope can bestow.

The Archbishop of Westminster, the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, has now written to Rome asking whether Savile’s Papal knighthood can be annulled in recognition of his victims’ “deep distress”.

Church sources said there was no established process to remove a Papal honour posthumously because the award dies with the recipient.

However, senior Roman Catholic clergy in Britain feel that the Vatican should look at whether it can do something to recognise its disgust at the “deeply shocking” series of allegations of child sexual abuse made against the former Jim’ll Fix It presenter.

There is no guarantee that the church will be able to remove the honour and no fixed timetable for Rome to reply to the Archbishop of Westminster.

A source said: “The honour itself goes when the person dies but nevertheless it would appear on Papal honours lists. I don’t know if you remove it entirely or whether there is an asterisk to say, ‘well, actually…’”

It is thought that a Papal knighthood has never previously been removed posthumously. “It would be very, very rare if not unprecedented,” a source said.

Savile, who described himself as a devout Catholic, was made a Knight Commander of St Gregory the Great by Pope John Paul II in 1990 for his charity work.

The honour is awarded to Catholics, and on occasion non-Catholics, who have demonstrated “pre-eminent” service to their faith, community, or the work of the Vatican.

Other recipients have included Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire media tycoon, Sir Matt Busby, the former Manchester United Manager, and John Hume, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Northern Ireland politician.

A spokesman for the Archbishop of Westminster said: “The Archbishop of Westminster, the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, wrote last week to the Holy See asking the competent office to investigate whether the Papal Honour awarded to Jimmy Savile for his charitable works could be posthumously removed and its effects nullified, recognising the deep distress of all those who have suffered abuse and the disquiet at Mr Savile’s name remaining on Papal Honours lists.
Yeah, remove and nullify .....
Old 27-10-2012, 12:00 AM #917
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Let's have ruperts while we're at it...
Old 27-10-2012, 12:27 AM #918
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

@ that video Nate.

Last edited by GypsyGoth; 27-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.
GypsyGoth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 10:07 AM #919

Lightbulb Jimmy Savile: Celebs 'Frightened By Police Probe'

http://news.sky.com/story/1003415/sa...y-police-probe

Quote:
Major stars from the 60s and 70s are terrified of being named in connection with the Jimmy Savile child abuse scandal, according to PR guru Max Clifford.

Mr Clifford told Sky News that up to 15 celebrities in Britain and beyond had been in touch with him in recent days to express their fears.

The stars are concerned because of their hedonistic lifestyles when they were at the peak of their fame, when young girls would throw themselves at them, he said.

He told Sky: "In the last few days, I have had an awful lot of calls and expect to get a lot more - some from very famous people who in the 60s and 70s were in the middle of this music explosion in this country.

"I'm very close friends with a lot of these people and have been for 40 to 50 years. I am in the middle of the media world so I'm the first person they turn to.

"Their lives often depend on popularity and public perception. There are a lot of things that get put out there that have nothing to do with reality but can be very damaging.

"They are all saying that they were totally unaware and they themselves have never done anything remotely like Jimmy Savile. Naturally they are concerned because names are being mentioned - 95% of it is total nonsense but it is happening."

He added: "If you're 19 or 20 and suddenly you become a pop star and a dozen girls burst into your dressing room... you don't actually sit there and ask for birth certificates."
If you don't then you gotta live with the consequences .....
Old 27-10-2012, 10:35 AM #920
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's all well and good trying to downplay it, well done max thats your job damage limitation.
Everyone is aware groupies existed, they are not the issue here.
Old 27-10-2012, 10:46 AM #921

Not Ever Old Star uses Max.

But getting their names Front Page
will be a major problem.
Old 27-10-2012, 12:24 PM #922

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
It's all well and good trying to downplay it, well done max thats your job damage limitation.
Everyone is aware groupies existed, they are not the issue here.
Surely if any of Savile's victims were abused by Savile and another still alive well known celeb they would have already informed the police when they made their first statement.

So it makes me ask who else is involved are they as high profile as Savile and are the police now gathering evidence prior to arresting and charging.

The game could soon be up for these people and crying to Max Clifford ain't gonna change anything...!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 12:41 PM #923

Quote:
originally posted by omah
Quote:
originally posted by microscope

if this newspaper who printed this story said that jimmy savile was giving kangaroo blow jobs to would you believe that??
the last time i looked, most newspapers were running the story.
You're totally missing the point. The media - whether it be one newspaper or twenty - I really couldn't care less, as All of them have one thing in mind and that is to sell as many newspapers as they can and make as much money as they can regardless of how outrageous the story is. So if one prints the story and others papers wish to jump on the band wagon and do the same, then all shall benefit from it. The story is ludicrous that he was into necrophilia, which is why I gave that outrageous comparison of another crazy made-up story which I believe this one to be.

Quote:
Quote:

you will also notice how when freddy starr got his good name dragged into all this mess, he didn't mess around and immediately came on television to say his peace and also got an injunction to stop the media from carrying out their 'two ring circus act' which is what they love to do as it sells papers and makes them plenty of cash, which is all they want.
iirc, that injunction was almost immediately overtuned.
And if I recollect, when Freddy Starr first did his tv interview he said his lawyer had advised him to get an injuction, obviously to prevent the media from doing to him what they are doing to Jimmy Saville. Whether it got overturned or not doesn't really apply to what I said in that paragraph. The fact remains that the media enjoys ruining peoples lives - whether they are alive or dead and if they can get away with it which they can with Jimmy Saville.

Quote:
Quote:

there are also a lot of cash-hungry people out there who are more than aware of the compensation-culture which we have adopted from america. Just imagine if at one time in your life when you were in your teens and you met jimmy savile and he came upto you and gave you a hug and a kiss on your cheek when you asked him for his autograph, wouldn't it be tempting to make up a false story years later when all this 'so-called paedophelia allegations' are in full swing - and there is the likelihood that you may receive some cash compensation in time because someone or more is found to have not done their job properly so therefore held liable for what occured back then.
yeah, jimmy was a saint and all the claimants are liars .....
I haven't said anywhere in this thread that Jimmy was totally innocent. Nor have I said that everyone who came forward and made a complaint is a liar. It is very believable that people are making things up or twisting what happened back then in order to maybe get a pay out at some stage. It happens all the time.

Quote:
Quote:

well jimmy is dead so can't defend himself so anyone can say what they like, including paul gambaccini who probably hated him anyway when he was alive so can say anything he likes as no injunction is in place to stop him.
i hated savile when he was alive, too .....
Then it sounds to me that your judgement of him is clouded as it's hardly likely that you are going to ever act in his defence since you hated him when he was alive and was dedicating so much of his life to raising money for charity.

Quote:
Quote:

just imagine if michael jackson had have died a day after the first person came forward nameing him a paedophile and just imagine if no one in his family came forward and tried to stop his good name being dragged through the mud like jimmy savile's is. Michael jackson would have had even more boys coming forward claiming that they had been sexually abused by him for the very same reason that jimmy savile has had, in fact a lot more and all hoping for a lovely compensation claim to come their way. It's just the way it goes thanks to the americans.
yeah, jimmy was a saint and all the claimants are liars, etc. Etc. .....
Thats a very poor response....
microscope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 01:06 PM #924
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Microscope you appear to have taken a real interest in this issue, and in particular omahs comments.
These were in response to media articles yes, and are his reaction to them.
Your standpoint appears to be those who accuse are wrong/ mercenary, however those who are accused deserve a fair hearing, do you not see the double standard?
Old 27-10-2012, 01:33 PM #925

Arrow

Your Original 24-10-2012, 09:53 PM
My Reply 24-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microscope View Post
You're totally missing the point. The media - whether it be one newspaper or twenty - I really couldn't care less, as All of them have one thing in mind and that is to sell as many newspapers as they can and make as much money as they can regardless of how outrageous the story is. So if one prints the story and others papers wish to jump on the band wagon and do the same, then all shall benefit from it. The story is ludicrous that he was into necrophilia, which is why I gave that outrageous comparison of another crazy made-up story which I believe this one to be.

And if I recollect, when Freddy Starr first did his tv interview he said his lawyer had advised him to get an injuction, obviously to prevent the media from doing to him what they are doing to Jimmy Saville. Whether it got overturned or not doesn't really apply to what I said in that paragraph. The fact remains that the media enjoys ruining peoples lives - whether they are alive or dead and if they can get away with it which they can with Jimmy Saville.

I haven't said anywhere in this thread that Jimmy was totally innocent. Nor have I said that everyone who came forward and made a complaint is a liar. It is very believable that people are making things up or twisting what happened back then in order to maybe get a pay out at some stage. It happens all the time.

Then it sounds to me that your judgement of him is clouded as it's hardly likely that you are going to ever act in his defence since you hated him when he was alive and was dedicating so much of his life to raising money for charity.

Thats a very poor response....
Backatcha .....

What took you so long .....

Still trying to find proof of payments .....

You'll have to try harder to keep up with events .....

Last edited by Omah; 27-10-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jimmy, raped, savile