Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Reggie Perrin abused me at Beeb

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ie-Perrin.html

Quote:
THREE BBC staff tried to rape a TV extra as screen legend Leonard Rossiter performed a sex act, it was claimed last night.
The male accuser said the trio twice assaulted him at Television Centre in West London when he was 18. He said Reggie Perrin star Rossiter, who died in 1984, watched the second 1960s attack.
The alleged victim described how the twice-wed Rising Damp star performed a sex act beside him during the attack.
And he branded the Beeb a “cesspit of depravity” as he recalled the assault, one of two he said he suffered at the TV Centre.

Police are now investigating after the man stepped forward to give a statement and detectives are understood to be considering arrests. The accuser was an 18-year-old extra on the set of a controversial BBC play titled The Year of the Sex Olympics when the attacks took place in 1968.
He said: “In the rehearsal room in TV Centre one BBC man tightly held my wrists while two others were behind me trying to rape me.
“I was the victim of two assaults. The second time they obviously tipped off Leonard Rossiter because while I was struggling and shouting for help he was in the room.
“He obviously found it all a big turn-on. He was watching with glee.
“The staff who attacked me were animals and thought they could get away with anything. It left me devastated and caused great stress. I get so angry just thinking about it.”
The teenager was so disgusted by the attacks he confronted a senior BBC man working on the show.
He said nothing was done, so he stormed off the set with a female extra who said she too was attacked.

The pair were ordered to strip off and smothered in gold paint during filming of the weird play, in which Rossiter — who died aged 57 in 1984 — played the co-ordinator of judges presiding over couples having sex.
The Year of the Sex Olympics was later broadcast on BBC2. Rossiter’s accuser called police after being appalled by stories of sexual abuse within the BBC which have emerged amid the Jimmy Savile affair.
He said: “It is important people know what a cesspit of depravity it was at the BBC. Staff at Television Centre assumed they could get away with anything.
“The fact the BBC didn’t investigate the complaints by my woman colleague and me goes to show what the place was like back then.
“BBC staff got away with whatever they wanted. It’s time now that these people face justice and I have given a full statement to police.”
A BBC spokesman said: “The BBC cannot comment on individual cases. It will help the police in any way it can in the course of any investigation.
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:42 AM #2

Thought this was about Martin Clunes for a minute
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 AM #3

There will be no BBC shows left to air at this rate...
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..ughhh.. Leonard Rossiter as well.......I still can't understand how this has all taken so long for things to be revealed...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 AM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

One TV extra makes an accusation and thats all it takes now?...ok then :/

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abused, beeb, perrin, reggie