Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 22-01-2013, 09:16 PM #1

Default This is the most depresing Celebrity Big Brother Ever.

I can't watch it anymore it's not fun.
Bring on Big Brother 2013
ABigbother is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 09:17 PM #2
Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

"Fun is relative"
Old 22-01-2013, 09:36 PM #3
User banned

User banned

good for you.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 09:44 PM #4
The Dude

The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABigbother View Post
I can't watch it anymore it's not fun.
Bring on Big Brother 2013
That is one contradictory post...well done

MaDdOctoR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 11:44 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Depressing? I advise you never to watch BB13... and if you have, I have no idea how someone could say CBB11 is more depressing than BB13!
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 11:44 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Depressing? I advise you never to watch BB13... and if you have, I have no idea how someone could say CBB11 is more depressing than BB13!
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:17 AM #7

Default This CBB is unimpressive!

This year's CBB has a very poor line-up, was not impressive at all, but let's hope they bring more interesting housemates to the regular BB house.
camertone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:37 AM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

I agree with the OP. This series has decended into a bit of a mess. BB brought these idiots in to cause mayhem and the game as we know it has become a hot bed of controvosy that has split the viewers into 2 sections, the one section is those that love to see blood and guts and the other section of the viewing public are wrestling with a moral dilema.....do we, or even should we, applaud the tactics these seasoned professional wind up merchants tactics.

Even the other HM,s are struggling to understand how they should act. This poster has decided the program provides the odd snippet of entertainment with people like Razor and Rylan but their antics are often overshadowed by the nastiness provided by 2 gameplayers paid to do a job of work which is designed and built around mahem and the other HM,s inability to get to grips with how and why they are allowed to break the rules and get away with controlling the cameras and storylines.

It is pretty obvious they cant and wont win but this scenario BB have spawned has left us debating where are the other HM,s and why are they not shinning, the simple answer is that Speidi,s antics have overshadowed the whole program and the concept and ethos behind what CBB is has failed in favour of a game that we are not familiar with.

The program has provided some interesting and at times very uncomfortable viewing and this is down to the producers allowing Speidi to control the show. If they had have been oiked mid way, we would no doubt have seen a different ending that we are all familiar with but sadly they let it run and this series wont be remembered for the celebs that were suppressed and forced into doing nothing due to the way the show has been run, it will be remembered for the nastiness brought to the show by 2 people that saw this series as a way to promote themselves as a brand that has little more to offer than trouble and they have wrecked a perfectly good program which may not recover, in fact it might indeed set a precisence for future programs and if I wanted to see this kind of crap, I would watch something like the MMA programs on ESPN.

Speidi in their defence are only doing what they know best and to a degree they are providing what they think is what they have been paid for, that my friends has no place on a family show that we all know, hence the crap we are being force fed and dont recognise.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:40 AM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I have lost a lot of interest in it to be honest, it is in the main about 3 people, Spencer and Heidi and Rylan.
I still watch and always will support and watch BB but I agree with the OP, I too have not enjoyed this series as much as others up to now.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:42 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I agree with the OP. This series has decended into a bit of a mess. BB brought these idiots in to cause mayhem and the game as we know it has become a hot bed of controvosy that has split the viewers into 2 sections, the one section is those that love to see blood and guts and the other section of the viewing public are wrestling with a moral dilema.....do we, or even should we, applaud the tactics these seasoned professional wind up merchants tactics.

Even the other HM,s are struggling to understand how they should act. This poster has decided the program provides the odd snippet of entertainment with people like Razor and Rylan but their antics are often overshadowed by the nastiness provided by 2 gameplayers paid to do a job of work which is designed and built around mahem and the other HM,s inability to get to grips with how and why they are allowed to break the rules and get away with controlling the cameras and storylines.

It is pretty obvious they cant and wont win but this scenario BB have spawned has left us debating where are the other HM,s and why are they not shinning, the simple answer is that Speidi,s antics have overshadowed the whole program and the concept and ethos behind what CBB is has failed in favour of a game that we are not familiar with.

The program has provided some interesting and at times very uncomfortable viewing and this is down to the producers allowing Speidi to control the show. If they had have been oiked mid way, we would no doubt have seen a different ending that we are all familiar with but sadly they let it run and this series wont be remembered for the celebs that were suppressed and forced into doing nothing due to the way the show has been run, it will be remembered for the nastiness brought to the show by 2 people that saw this series as a way to promote themselves as a brand that has little more to offer than trouble and they have wrecked a perfectly good program which may not recover, in fact it might indeed set a precisence for future programs and if I wanted to see this kind of crap, I would watch something like the MMA programs on ESPN.

Speidi in their defence are only doing what they know best and to a degree they are providing what they think is what they have been paid for, that my friends has no place on a family show that we all know, hence the crap we are being force fed and dont recognise.
BB has never been a family show, it is always aired after the watershed with usual warnings about nudity and adult content. The version shown by C5 during the day is a watered down version. I suggest if you are looking for a family show you should stick to Splash on Saturday teatime.

Last edited by Cherie; 23-01-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:49 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
BB has never been a family show, it is always aired after the watershed with usual warnings about nudity and adult content. The version shown by C5 during the day is a watered down version. I suggest if you are looking for a family show you should stick to Splash on Saturday teatime.
Re runs are the following day before the watershed my friend and with little or no edits. Maybe family show was the wrong title but as an entertainment program, it falls short.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:55 AM #12
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

It will be better tonight. All the housemates are having fun and talking again.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:00 PM #13
Banned

Banned

The Americans spoiled it for the other housemates, they all seem to hate them, they have been interesting to watch in fact. Not really a fan, Razor akl the way, but they should make the final as they have done a lot.
alexandria95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:01 PM #14
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Tonight there's the fashion task with Paula. I've miss her!
Old 23-01-2013, 02:46 PM #15
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

i always laugh at any BB saying its a family show. if any of the ones that i seen came close to that would be the latest BBAU. i think it sucked they tried to PG that up, though i did enjoy it at times.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 03:47 PM #16
User banned

User banned

if it is depressing, it's down to all of the housemates bar Speidi & Paula
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 04:00 PM #17
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I don't know if depressing is the right word... but yes, the series seem to degenerate more and more as time goes on. This one was only saved by villans, which is sad really.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 04:48 PM #18
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

LOL Someone didn't watch CBB5. x
Old 23-01-2013, 08:03 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdOctoR View Post
That is one contradictory post...well done

No its not,
the normal Big Brother is not Celebrity Big Brother.

When you have two yanks deliberately hating everyone from the start for no reason then it's very depressing.
I've loved every Big Brother from the beginning but this is awful I really want to love it.
Old 23-01-2013, 08:06 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post

Exellent post.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebrity big brother, depresing