Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 13-02-2013, 03:16 PM #1
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

Default Celebrity Big Brother's Speidi: 'Ofcom started bullying controversy'

Quote:
Celebrity Big Brother stars Heidi and Spencer Pratt have accused Ofcom of deliberately painting them as bullies just to "get their names in the media".

The former Hills stars previously wrote an open letter to the "whining" regulator following viewer complaints about their behaviour in the house.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Speidi accused Ofcom of stirring up a backlash and argued that they should "reevaluate what they do" for failing to recognise that the couple were merely "competing" in a game show.

"I think Ofcom was just trying to get press and get their names in the media for the big show at the time," Spencer said.

"We saw thousands of people on the street, we had hundreds of people lining up for our signing - I know how people are, when they have something to tell you they say it to you, and not one person said anything but positivity. I think that [bullying controversy] was all just created by Ofcom. I don't think anyone actually believes that."

He continued: "Ofcom, where were they during the Olympics? They should have complained about people trying to get the gold medal.

"It was a game, we were competing. Bullying is a real thing that has to do with race or sexuality or gender. It's way deeper than messing with people on a TV show."

Adding that she and Spencer had been "ganged up against" in the house, Heidi stated: "The only confrontations we had were from the other housemates saying negative things about us.

"It's not like we even started on anyone, we were just reacting to a house talking crap about us for days. Standing up for yourself and being a bully are two different things, and if [Ofcom] get them mixed up they should reevaluate what they do."

An Ofcom spokesperson has since told Digital Spy: "Contrary to inaccurate media reports, Ofcom has not opened any investigations into accusations of bullying in the recent series of Celebrity Big Brother."

A one-off special about the couple, Speidi: Scandal, Secrets & Surgery!, will air Monday, February 18 at 10pm on Channel 5

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:18 AM #2
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Yet another example of how these fame hungry *****s live their lives. They have little more to offer than controvosy and conflict. Sorry but they may have a few people liking their story, however I am finding it hard to see what they offer in terms of excitement and watchability. I am allowed to have an opinion and my opinion is they are just plain freeks that survive on the kudos given to them by the media looking for yet another controvertial story and it amazes me that some people like to watch that kind of crap. It is neither exciting nor interesting, it is pure gutter tactics embrassed by some for their own entertainment but the vast majority of god fearing human beings try hard to avoid people like this so how their bank balance is fed, must be down to something i fail to see. I just wish they would bugger off and make way for more interesting viewing, but there again, thats my view and probably not shared by many on here as most Speidi haters have got bored of being slagged off for their views and have left the site.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 12:05 PM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

If I hadn't have seen spencer bullying on every other show he has been on I wouldn't have believed he was a bully either.
Ofcom getting involved and how regulated and structured BB is now however is ruining the show, it is so far removed from what it set out to be.
The speidi drama continues to rumble on.
Old 14-02-2013, 01:02 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

Yes, GET THEM ALL LOCKED UP.

JUSTICE FOR SPEIDI.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 01:04 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Yet another example of how these fame hungry *****s live their lives. They have little more to offer than controvosy and conflict. Sorry but they may have a few people liking their story, however I am finding it hard to see what they offer in terms of excitement and watchability. I am allowed to have an opinion and my opinion is they are just plain freeks that survive on the kudos given to them by the media looking for yet another controvertial story and it amazes me that some people like to watch that kind of crap. It is neither exciting nor interesting, it is pure gutter tactics embrassed by some for their own entertainment but the vast majority of god fearing human beings try hard to avoid people like this so how their bank balance is fed, must be down to something i fail to see. I just wish they would bugger off and make way for more interesting viewing, but there again, thats my view and probably not shared by many on here as most Speidi haters have got bored of being slagged off for their views and have left the site.
LOL... none of those posters have ever stayed for an off-season and I've been on here for 2 years, what nonsense.
Old 14-02-2013, 01:29 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They were saved 3 times and voted the runner-up. There's no 'few' about it.

You watched that crap for nearly a month and made 64567645 threads about it

Evidently you aren't one.

That's not true is it?
Old 14-02-2013, 01:42 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Apparently he's watching their show on Monday as well
Old 14-02-2013, 01:51 PM #8
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Spencer catagorially denies being as nutty as a fruitcake...

Old 14-02-2013, 03:06 PM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

I think my post has its merrits seeing as how the posts above seem to bear out my point. Post anything about Speidi no matter how true or informative and the snipers come out and shoot it down. The reason why posters stay away in the post season times is becasue of people like the above. Never anything constructive to say, just pure venom when their views are not suckled and coddled or agreed with.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:32 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Don't make stupid comments like you have above, making it out like we've driven people off the forum... who have we done that to? They never stay for off season.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:44 PM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
Don't make stupid comments like you have above, making it out like we've driven people off the forum... who have we done that to? They never stay for off season.
There you go again, slagging me off and trying to scare me off as well. There is nothing stupid about anyone posting a comment, opinion or a view. It is you that is stupid for thinking you run the board and who is allowed to post. Pity you dont have the foresight to understand that others have views and yours isnt the be all and end all.

Maybe if you and your kind had some latitude, maybe more posters would stick around. Has that thought ever entered your young head or are you never wrong. Lucas, let me give you a little bit of friendly advice......If and when you are old enough to drink, please dont take your debating skills and views into an open forum of people in a pub or club. There are no screens to hide behind there and you might find that you may need to accept someone elses views to avoid conflict.

People that model themselves on people like Spencer tend to find that reality and the real REALITY OF LIFE, tend to be 2 different things. Only trying to help mate, sounds like you and your mate Mr Wong are never willing to give an inch.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:45 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think my post has its merrits seeing as how the posts above seem to bear out my point. Post anything about Speidi no matter how true or informative and the snipers come out and shoot it down. The reason why posters stay away in the post season times is becasue of people like the above. Never anything constructive to say, just pure venom when their views are not suckled and coddled or agreed with.
When did you do that?

Don't you mean they refute your so called facts?

Pure venom You're such a drama queen.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:45 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Saying you made a stupid comment (because it was) isn't slagging you off. Oh dear.

I don't drink as well bub.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:48 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There you go again, slagging me off and trying to scare me off as well. There is nothing stupid about anyone posting a comment, opinion or a view. It is you that is stupid for thinking you run the board and who is allowed to post. Pity you dont have the foresight to understand that others have views and yours isnt the be all and end all.

Maybe if you and your kind had some latitude, maybe more posters would stick around. Has that thought ever entered your young head or are you never wrong. Lucas, let me give you a little bit of friendly advice......If and when you are old enough to drink, please dont take your debating skills and views into an open forum of people in a pub or club. There are no screens to hide behind there and you might find that you may need to accept someone elses views to avoid conflict.

People that model themselves on people like Spencer tend to find that reality and the real REALITY OF LIFE, tend to be 2 different things. Only trying to help mate, sounds like you and your mate Mr Wong are never willing to give an inch.
No ones doing that. You're being dramatic again.

He was a popular on a reality show. That's all.
Old 14-02-2013, 04:17 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

The pair of you need to get a life and visit the real world that dosent have screens and keyboards to hide behind. Try slagging someone off to their faces, its a different ball game lads. You can insult me as often as you like becasue I know your type, all about the laptop and the cyber warrior attitude. Anyway I am done with the pair of you, your comments are futile at best and pretty boring at worst, have a nice life and lets hope you see the light soon.
Old 14-02-2013, 04:22 PM #16
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
The pair of you need to get a life and visit the real world that dosent have screens and keyboards to hide behind. Try slagging someone off to their faces, its a different ball game lads. You can insult me as often as you like becasue I know your type, all about the laptop and the cyber warrior attitude. Anyway I am done with the pair of you, your comments are futile at best and pretty boring at worst, have a nice life and lets hope you see the light soon.
how do you know they don't have a life like
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 04:49 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Your generalisations are tedious. You don't know anything about me.

Also, it's a bit rich whining about insults when you post **** like this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt Taffy if you had half my manners you would be respected. This is a forum for opinions not an outletfor your speidi worship and hate towards anyone who disagrees with your opinions. We all get a go. Cant you just accept they are dicks worshiped by their own kind.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:35 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Most hypocritical post ever.
Old 14-02-2013, 05:39 PM #19

"Speaking to Digital Spy, Speidi accused Ofcom of stirring up "

A Fecking Forum they spoke on
That means FECK ALL

Digi Spy Is Not Ch4News or SkyNews or Bloated BBC News

What a Dumb Post

Last edited by arista; 14-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 05:19 AM #20

A government agency in charge of responding to and investigating complaints about television broadcasts wasted tax money to start a baseless, unfounded campaign against a pair of nobodies from the US in an effort to bump up publicity? If anyone believed that for a second, shouldn't they be screaming about the waste of public funds?

It's like saying the police randomly decided to surround a house to give it publicity. WTF?
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 12:10 PM #21
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
i think its mostly cause BB isnt on right now. this is the first time i been around multiple times after a series was over since i signed up a couple years ago lol.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 01:07 AM #22

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
So you dont agree that Ofcom go over the top and should really just see Big Brother as what it is....A tv show and not real life?

Speidi did nothing to warrant complaints imo they just created drama, they were not physicaly violent and their arguments were nothing compared to previous years.

They really should focus thier attention on something else.

Why wasnt the other housemates "investigated" for talking behind their back for days lol.

Anyway shouldnt you be sunning yourself by the pool on your 18 to 30's holiday in Benidorm?
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 09:35 AM #23
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
So you dont agree that Ofcom go over the top and should really just see Big Brother as what it is....A tv show and not real life?

Speidi did nothing to warrant complaints imo they just created drama, they were not physicaly violent and their arguments were nothing compared to previous years.

They really should focus thier attention on something else.

Why wasnt the other housemates "investigated" for talking behind their back for days lol.

Anyway shouldnt you be sunning yourself by the pool on your 18 to 30's holiday in Benidorm?
Sadly I dont do club 18 30 hols anymore. I tend to go on cruises and all incs with old farts my own age that seem to know how to behave themselves. Anyway, sadly, its all over now and Im back home to the snow and cold mornings and the same old same old again. Had a great time though and Looking forward to the sunny days of summer. Hopefully this yrs BB will not have anymore prefabricated nobs on it just to boost ratings using deliberate nastiness to gain brownie points.

If Speidi had have been a couple of people that simply decided to stir it up, it would have been easy to swallow and interesting, but sadly their life and how they live it followed them into the house and their actions became transparent and unoriginal. They ruined the series for me and many others because BB nurtured their petulant behaviour and gave them way too much airtime and allowed them to run the show.

It became awkward to watch and I guess most of their haters became vocal because in life, nobody should profit from such behaviour. They are similar in life to their bb appearance and its going to take a while to see them for what they are but thats life isnt it. I dont hold grudges so even people like Wong, Lucas and you Daniel, are not regarded as fools, just simply advasaries in a game which this forum sometimes turns into. No need to hate eachother, just all claen fun if we all agree to disagree. If truth be known, most people like me get fired up when posts contain statements like you are homophobic and are thick etc, these types of posts are demeaning and get my juices flowing.

You wont never stop people like me and chuff posting so lets look forward to yet another battle when the next bb starts. I like to think of it not as good v evil. I like to think of it as morality over immorality and old farts like me and chuff hold morality as our flame and you guys have the extinguishers. Rock on the next series. BTW I didnt get as many infractions as I did the last yr so my cyber skills seem to be getting better, didnt get banned this yr so I beat chuff, lol. For what its worth, neither you, Lucas nor even JTM are nasty, however Wong does cross that line sometimes but thats life, we all need goodies and baddies to survive eh.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullying, celebrity big brother, controversy, ofcom, speidi, started