Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 15-07-2013, 11:47 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Jason

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
Default Thoughts on how Big Brother deeming unacceptable behaviour and removing housemates

think as Big Brother has faced a lot of scrutiny in the passed with its handling of removing housemates, the focus of the producers is to keep the show in the middle ground between boring dull housemates and Daily Mail scandal. Sometimes, I do think that the producers take this too far into the safe zone (Like the removing of that woman in BB8 because she said the N word) though I do think that in this circumstance it was the correct thing to do.

I can't, however, help but sometimes detach myself from the situation its self and focus more on how the producers have edited it with the ofcom rules in mind. Though the show has become very much more a game show and less reality, the social experiment element is much passed due to the fact of the wary producers tip toeing around the rules.

One thing I liked about Channel 4, particularly up to about Big Brother 5 6 and 7 were that they weren't afraid to show the true diversity and goings on of the housemates. Now, I feel like the sort of 'tabloidy' cheap plastic feel of Channel 5 is heavily veiling what Big Brother could be and how successful it could in fact become again.

I'm sure you're sick of hearing my opinions now and I would gladly hear yours too, whether you agree or disagree. I'll pipe down if I'm doing all of your heads in! Sorry! :L

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
behaviour, big brother, deeming, housemates, removing, thoughts, unacceptable