Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 20-08-2013, 01:13 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_answers View Post
Funny, was under the impression the whole point of the thread was questioning others about THEIR thoughts.

Glad you've made the real point now though.
If it's just about celebrating at least you can do it on you own now.
And we'll just ignor it because we don't even care anymore.
Yes it was - until some pretty horrendous posts pertaining to Sam's 'disability' reared their ugly head.
Then I just thought I'd gloat instead.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 03:21 AM #27

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

Fine.
Gloat over a disability issue if you like, I really don't care.
the_answers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 03:31 AM #28
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

So, so happy for our man Sam!!
Winkie Expand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 03:37 AM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What a horrible thing to say. Despicable.
It's the truth so don't act all outraged for effect!!!!

Sam's hearing problem was played on from the very start and was the only reason he got on BB in the first place!
Like someone said earlier tonight, Sam claimed to want to be a role model to kids with hearing problem yet he's had a hearing problem all of his life and still has never bothered to learn to sign!!!
Just how much does he care about deaf kids if he can't even be bothered to learn the skills that would enable him to communicate with them ? Not one iota, that's how much!!!

I haven't got nor have i ever had a hearing problem but i learnt to sign when i was a kid because i had good friends in school that had severe hearing problems.

Sam used his hearing impairment as a sob story because he had absolutely nothing else going for him and not only that but he used the "mentor deaf children" angle for the reasons!

He's the 'despicable' one!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 04:08 AM #30
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoatOnWater View Post
Have the finalist watched the show and seen how boring he? NO
Right, they actually lived with him and don't care about the edit he received.

SAM WON!
Old 20-08-2013, 04:11 AM #31
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

And for the final time, Sam's hearing disability is part of him and something important for people to realise. It has to be said upfront and be recognised throughout.

To say it was used to win him the game is offensive. I'M SURE HE'D MUCH RATHER HAVE HIS HEARING THAN THE MONEY. He's a good guy who deserved to win. END OF.
Old 20-08-2013, 06:40 AM #32
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post

Sam's hearing problem was played on from the very start and was the only reason he got on BB in the first place!
Like someone said earlier tonight, Sam claimed to want to be a role model to kids with hearing problem yet he's had a hearing problem all of his life and still has never bothered to learn to sign!!!
Just how much does he care about deaf kids if he can't even be bothered to learn the skills that would enable him to communicate with them ? Not one iota, that's how much!!!

I haven't got nor have i ever had a hearing problem but i learnt to sign when i was a kid because i had good friends in school that had severe hearing problems.

Sam used his hearing impairment as a sob story because he had absolutely nothing else going for him and not only that but he used the "mentor deaf children" angle for the reasons!

This 100%!!!
Well done Gina and Dexter it's been great watching you both and i'm sure you two will be back next year by public demand, i look forward to you two entertaining us some more on BBOTS.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 06:49 AM #33
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkie Expand View Post
And for the final time, Sam's hearing disability is part of him and something important for people to realise. It has to be said upfront and be recognised throughout.

To say it was used to win him the game is offensive. I'M SURE HE'D MUCH RATHER HAVE HIS HEARING THAN THE MONEY. He's a good guy who deserved to win. END OF.
Excellent point,really well said. I too am sure he would rather have all his natural hearing or even most of it back than the money too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:13 AM #34

Quote:
Because they were all being charitable to the disabled boy......basically!

Sure

But his only has a bit deaf
so he is not that bad off Now
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:35 AM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videostar View Post
Because they are full of BS and being politically correct...Dexter being the only honest one of the lot.
Dexter being the only honest one? Are you serious? He had you fooled my friend....take it from the housemates that had to live with him....you know the ones that put him up each week....
Twildoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 08:16 AM #36
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon

There are some sore losers on here. Lol Strongman Sam WINS!!!!
Gerbil901 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 08:19 AM #37
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
How come all the finalists tonight except for Dexter (but INCLUDING Gina) named him as the one they thought should win?
They lived in the house with him, they knew him, and he was the WINNER to them. Brilliant!!!
To clear up a few things Gina said both! Charlie decided to dump the friend she "adores" because of the cheers for Sam. The Twins tweeted (well Jack) that they thought they should have finished above Dexter, so they were hardly going to want him to win...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 10:37 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

It's sad how people disabilities can be used against them as a weapon.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:45 AM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

It's because the housemates experience of Sam wasn't edited like ours was. Living with him means they saw him involved. Living with him meant that they had conversations with him, had a laugh with him and larked about with him.

This forum is full of people whining about the way the HL shows are edited in a manipulative way, yet don't seem to recognise that what we saw of Sam wasn'[t necessarily what there was.....except for when they want to slag him off for being sexist. Suddenly they agree that the HL show edited him out.
DanaC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 11:18 AM #40
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Because they were all being charitable to the disabled boy......basically!
that comment is untrue and plain sick
thegatfather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 11:22 AM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:

shameful drivel
he is 90% deaf. fact.
he cant hear most of whats happening, anyone with an ounce of decency and common sense can work out how difficult that would be , especially in such a situation as the BB house. He didn't milk it at all. I barely even heard him complain compared to the likes fo sallie and gina and Charlie who moaned all day long. sam dealt with it brilliantly. he was the most consistent solid decent normal natural housemate. he did everything asked of him , did every task 100% too. I suppose you think all people with disabilities who achieve things only do so out of pity. shameful drivel.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:36 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegatfather View Post
shameful drivel
he is 90% deaf. fact.
he cant hear most of whats happening, anyone with an ounce of decency and common sense can work out how difficult that would be , especially in such a situation as the BB house. He didn't milk it at all. I barely even heard him complain compared to the likes fo sallie and gina and Charlie who moaned all day long. sam dealt with it brilliantly. he was the most consistent solid decent normal natural housemate. he did everything asked of him , did every task 100% too. I suppose you think all people with disabilities who achieve things only do so out of pity. shameful drivel.
Thank you for saying this. It made my blood boil reading that drivel.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:39 AM #43

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

was only 5 in there. 3 were tossers or 4 if you count the twins.

he is easy to live with as he wasn't awake for 2 months he only woke to bitch and be nasty and do some pervy talk
Old 20-08-2013, 12:07 PM #44
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Jesus this is like the most obvious answer ever...why is this even a question?

Because living with people is very different to watching them. If I had been living in that house, I'd have probably wanted Sam to win too. He seems like a decent lad and would probably be a good friend...he's not really pissed many of them off in there and I imagine as a housemate for the most part you want an easy ride...so um yeah I'm not really surprised they named him as the one they wanted to win? Like seriously I can't believe this question has even been asked.

There's a very big difference between living with people in the house and watching them on an entertainment TV gameshow though. Whilst the 'nice' quiet ones would be pretty damn easy to live with, they don't actually contribute anything to the TV show that is being made...and so that's pretty much why they're an undeserving winner. If you contribute next to ****** all to the show, you don't deserve to win. That's it, pretty much. A lot of viewers need to realise that we aren't living with them ourselves, it's often those that look difficult to live with for the housemates that need to stay for the benefit of the show...if they had an easy ride what actually would be happening that would make the show interesting and entertaining?

I couldn't live with Sallie, but was I living with her? No...I was watching her on TV, and housemates like her are much better value to a TV show than housemates like Sam who may as well not even bothered turning up.

It's a pretty obvious answer.

Absolute rubbish!

People love to watch fights, bitching, backstabbing, jealousy and anything remotely sexual. That is the main driver of the show.

The editing team will focus on that and will edit the show accordingly - even stretching the truth to skew the actual situation - so that they get the public to watch.

This means that those who do not partake in any of the above will not get much of an edit in the first few weeks and all the fame hungry desperados who will pretty much sell their soul to ensure they get the camera time will be edited into the show in the name of entertainment.

9 x out of 10 peoples sense of morals and values will overrule this form of entertainment and as Aaron has summed it up: Good will always triumph over evil.
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 12:25 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
Absolute rubbish!

People love to watch fights, bitching, backstabbing, jealousy and anything remotely sexual. That is the main driver of the show.

The editing team will focus on that and will edit the show accordingly - even stretching the truth to skew the actual situation - so that they get the public to watch.

This means that those who do not partake in any of the above will not get much of an edit in the first few weeks and all the fame hungry desperados who will pretty much sell their soul to ensure they get the camera time will be edited into the show in the name of entertainment.

9 x out of 10 peoples sense of morals and values will overrule this form of entertainment and as Aaron has summed it up: Good will always triumph over evil.
I don't prefer than nonsense. also the fact is big brother doesn't allow friendships and relationships to develop properly anymore so when the arguments do happen they are always shallow and lack depth or credibility. in short BB manipulates and controls way too much and in the end it destroys the show. when there is no real relationships, no real ties of loyalty , love, integrity, then you have very little left. BB should play the long game and allow friendships and even dislikes grow naturally. this years show was far too contrived
Old 20-08-2013, 12:36 PM #46

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Probably because they lived with him and he's probably the most lovely person to live with?

Doesn't mean he was entertaining bye xo.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 12:37 PM #47

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:

A lot of deaf people prefer to learn to lip read and learn to speak with the aid of a good speech therapist like Sam has. We have no idea if Sam can sign or not...nobody else in the house was deaf.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 12:48 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
Absolute rubbish!

You've hit the nail on the head!
Old 20-08-2013, 12:54 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videostar View Post
Because they are full of BS and being politically correct...Dexter being the only honest one of the lot.

100% that's why.
Nellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 01:29 PM #50
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

The only thing Sam has done in the house is

1. Have a couple rows with dexter (just to gain Fans how dislike dexter)
2. Tell jemina that he had a boner
3. Sleep

That is not worth winning.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sam, undeserving, winner