Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 20-08-2013, 07:47 AM #1
totally exotic always....

Default Dont want the money.....its for the experience.........

How many of them past and present have said that?
I wonder if they had one next year how many would actually try to get in
'for the experience and to find myself'!......
You never hardly hear of any of them after the event...only when the next BB comes on and they drag someone out from the past shows...and then you are hard pushed to remember them....
No..i dont care what they say......it might be an 'experience of a lifetime'...but
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!
Old 20-08-2013, 07:58 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticrosebud View Post
How many of them past and present have said that?
I wonder if they had one next year how many would actually try to get in
'for the experience and to find myself'!......
You never hardly hear of any of them after the event...only when the next BB comes on and they drag someone out from the past shows...and then you are hard pushed to remember them....
No..i dont care what they say......it might be an 'experience of a lifetime'...but
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!
It's about the money and the 'fame'.

The particularly egotistical among them ie the Gina's and Dexter's of this world, will always hope that the publicity they get from the show will catapult them into the realms of celebrity status, and yet more money.

The thing is without any talent, which of course applies to 99.9% of them - it's pie in the sky.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:59 AM #3
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I am not so sure as to that really, there are 14+ housemates who go in each year and only 1 can usually come out with the actual money.
There may not be the fame coming that used to be the case in BB of the past but it does still get them known to more people over the time thye are in the house.

There is the contractual obligations once an accepted housemate too,with the opportunities of meeting likely influential people after the series plus the perks of the few days after you come out of BB.

Clearly with all that in mind,it gets really large numbers of applicants year on year so although winning would be a substantial bonus,I still think a lot would do it for far less and yes maybe nothing as to financial prize money too.

It is a sort of test of character being a housemate on BB, I would find it a massive challenge to me and how I am as a person on the outside of the house,so I don't know if I agree competely that they do it for the money.
With secrets and lies as the theme ayway and all that went on this year, it wouldn't have likely been that surprising where a task had been done whereby the prize fund was reduced for every fail.

I don't think myself,had that occurred that any of them would have walked out even with the knowledge of no prize fund at the end of the series.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 08:05 AM #4

....i can see the Twins presenting Rainbow! or some other kids show.....if they can stop speaking over each other and arguing with each other all the time.....
Im not actually sure what Gina could do......voice training lessons perhaps...where the hell does that girl come from...........ive never heard anyone speak like that lol.......
Cant see callum ever amounting to anything....very wooden....Hazel im sure will do well in playboy.....Dexter...well im not sue what he could do.....spin doctor?......and i hope charlie never gets a job where she had to make a decision!!...the amount of times that girl changed her mind over things was ridiculous......Jackie will present a dancing cooking show......and as for the rest.............................................. .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
experience, moneyits