Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 20-08-2013, 04:09 PM #51
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
Transcribed email from Dexter`s Assistant....

Okay, where do I start?
Dexter is a well known paparazzi and also owns his own PR company called "Earth Horse PR". Over the years he's been very wealthy, his Mum was also a millionaire too. He had a very bad gambling problem and was pretty much left broke. He had a lot of help from his Mum and also Gamblers Anonymous. Since then he got his life back on track but his Mum was left in huge debt which sadly drifted them apart. He was approached by a very wealthy company who wanted PR in the UK, so Dexter went all out and organised a PR stunt which involved him running up a £121,000 bar tab. He was paid for any press that was published. He auditioned for Big Brother as a sugar daddy millionaire on the strength that if he was to get into the house he would make more money from his client to help pay back his Mum. He was aware of the hate and the boo's he was about to receive and also kind of knew it would backfire on him in some way, so he pre-wrote a book called "The Pretenders" explaining the reasons why he acted as a character that he really wasn't. He has the last chapter yet to write when he gets out of the house. Now, unknown to Dexter the company has pulled the contract from him due to him not living up to the millionaire sugar daddy role. So he will not receive anything from them. The Dexter you see in the house is the real him, he just wants to be loved and make some friends, he really is a lonely person who wants to make his Mum proud and help pay her back. He also doesn't have a girlfriend, she is a client who is part of the PR stunt. He has got quite close to her and recently only dated her twice just before he went into hiding for the house. We spoke a lot about what he was doing before he went in, I personally was against the fake character, but when I realised the show was called "Secrets & Lies" I said "If all else fails the show will be exciting". I know that he's on a massive personal journey and the money to him doesn't matter, the fact that he has been loved so much by the public will mean the world to him. If he made it to the final it would make him a winner regardless of winning the show. He will be happy that his Mum has been in the UK for the past few weeks and she's sticking around to spend time with him and support him when he gets out. I know this sounds crazy and is very confusing, he will most probably lose some fans for lying his way into the house. The real Dexter though wouldn't have gotten in, the fake Dexter did. I just hope people will understand his reasons. He's not a bad person, he's just trying to make a living and make his PR company work. I have supported him the best I can and I have treated his fans the way he would have treated them. I'm not sure when he will reveal all of this, I just know that the last chapter of his book will reveal all.
Didnt I say on here a few weeks ago he would release a book? So predictable

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 04:11 PM #52
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalHermit View Post
Didnt I say on here a few weeks ago he would release a book? So predictable
He hinted at, and posted a mock up of, said book on his website!

Last edited by fingers; 20-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 04:13 PM #53
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
He hinted at, and posted a mock up of, said book on his website!
Oh well, can honestly say i've never seen this site. But, whatever. I said what I said with no prior knowledge because it was staring people in the face for 6 weeks.

Add me on Goodreads here

Last edited by Verbal; 20-08-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 04:16 PM #54
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalHermit View Post
Oh well, can honestly say i've never seen this site. But, whatever. I said what I said with no prior knowledge because it was staring people in the face for 6 weeks.
You didn't miss much! absolute crap it is!

Don't say I didn't warn you! > http://www.dexterkoh.com/the-pretender/

Last edited by fingers; 20-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 05:34 PM #55

The twerp can't even tell the truth about his age he has said all through he was 28 or 29 and that web site says he's 30. So I wonder just how old he really is.
Kris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 05:42 PM #56
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
The twerp can't even tell the truth about his age he has said all through he was 28 or 29 and that web site says he's 30. So I wonder just how old he really is.
Dexter also uses his REAL birth name of Dexter Kiat (Dexter Koh Siong Kiat d.o.b. 1985 in Knowlesby, Lancs) He lives in Prescot Lancs where he registered his so-called PR company on 2nd April 2013just before entering the house. He is the sole director of the company which was capitalised with £1 but he was also a co-director of a holding company (now disolved) in London just google Dexter Kiat instead of Koh.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:48 PM #57
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

why does anyone care? the show's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 05:59 PM #58
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Talk about boring. Other than a few people on TiBB who is going to want to read the liar's book, especially considering 95% of it was (ghost) written well ahead of BB14? This isn't to clear anything up. It's some reject PR company trying to lie further and build a myth out of Dexter the twerp.
Winkie Expand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 06:01 PM #59

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Quote:
Jack Glenny ‏@JackGlenny 49m

Thanks for the support. I think me and Joe should have been second not Dexter.
Old 20-08-2013, 06:09 PM #60
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Transcribed email from Dexter`s Assistant....

Okay, where do I start?
Dexter is a well known paparazzi and also owns his own PR company called "Earth Horse PR". Over the years he's been very wealthy, his Mum was also a millionaire too. He had a very bad gambling problem and was pretty much left broke. He had a lot of help from his Mum and also Gamblers Anonymous. Since then he got his life back on track but his Mum was left in huge debt which sadly drifted them apart. He was approached by a very wealthy company who wanted PR in the UK, so Dexter went all out and organised a PR stunt which involved him running up a £121,000 bar tab. He was paid for any press that was published. He auditioned for Big Brother as a sugar daddy millionaire on the strength that if he was to get into the house he would make more money from his client to help pay back his Mum. He was aware of the hate and the boo's he was about to receive and also kind of knew it would backfire on him in some way, so he pre-wrote a book called "The Pretenders" explaining the reasons why he acted as a character that he really wasn't. He has the last chapter yet to write when he gets out of the house. Now, unknown to Dexter the company has pulled the contract from him due to him not living up to the millionaire sugar daddy role. So he will not receive anything from them. The Dexter you see in the house is the real him, he just wants to be loved and make some friends, he really is a lonely person who wants to make his Mum proud and help pay her back. He also doesn't have a girlfriend, she is a client who is part of the PR stunt. He has got quite close to her and recently only dated her twice just before he went into hiding for the house. We spoke a lot about what he was doing before he went in, I personally was against the fake character, but when I realised the show was called "Secrets & Lies" I said "If all else fails the show will be exciting". I know that he's on a massive personal journey and the money to him doesn't matter, the fact that he has been loved so much by the public will mean the world to him. If he made it to the final it would make him a winner regardless of winning the show. He will be happy that his Mum has been in the UK for the past few weeks and she's sticking around to spend time with him and support him when he gets out. I know this sounds crazy and is very confusing, he will most probably lose some fans for lying his way into the house. The real Dexter though wouldn't have gotten in, the fake Dexter did. I just hope people will understand his reasons. He's not a bad person, he's just trying to make a living and make his PR company work. I have supported him the best I can and I have treated his fans the way he would have treated them. I'm not sure when he will reveal all of this, I just know that the last chapter of his book will reveal all.

What's the betting the PR stunt to create a twat with money is just another PR stunt for an even bigger twat with no money.

Last edited by Marmalite; 20-08-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 06:34 PM #61
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
What's the betting the PR stunt to create a twat with money is just another PR stunt for an even bigger twat with no money.
No question!
Old 20-08-2013, 08:36 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
I think the twist is that Dexter is gay, I never really saw him as heterosexual in bb, but in final he seemed really queeny.
Could be. The times I have listened to this program, doc does come off as having a bit of an issue with gay folks in a benign ignorance sort of way so I can see him building a program around such a revelation. I wont be listening. I listened last year quite regularly but have found it just annoying this year listening to the same four callers on bad skype lines who make the BBOTS audience sound like geniuses.

ETA: Oh never mind. Late to the parade. This revelation is even less interesting. lol

Last edited by pcro; 20-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.
pcro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 09:13 PM #63

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Jack Glenny ‏@JackGlenny 49m

Thanks for the support. I think me and Joe should have been second not Dexter.
Yeah, I replied to that tweet.
Videostar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 09:17 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Nope,not hatred for someone I don't know, utter disgust at someone trying to con the viewers. The fact that it has all failed miserably is all he deserves.
But Sam was also conning the public but he used a different tactic...surely you can see that?
Old 20-08-2013, 09:24 PM #65

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videostar View Post
But Sam was also conning the public but he used a different tactic...surely you can see that?

He was not paid to go in as somebody he was not.

Dexter took a big risk, and it backfired on him.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 09:26 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

But as it turned out Dexter was himself for the vast majority of the show, and by being himself he finished runner up to a guy who only won because of sympathy votes that Sam himself promoted.
Old 20-08-2013, 09:33 PM #67
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Quote:
But as it turned out Dexter was himself for the vast majority of the show
You say that as though it's a good thing!

I hope for his sake he is very different to the tool he presented himself as on Big Brother.
Old 20-08-2013, 09:54 PM #68

Quote:

Explain again how finishing second to a sure fire sympathy winner is having it backfire on him ???

Id say it worked a treat, he did amazingly well was close to emulating craig from BB1. When will Dexter haters realise nobody else cares one way or another about his supposed backstory or whether he did or didnt spend 120k on booze (I mean really it was barely mentioned after week 1)

People liked him cause he was unusual, amusing, humble at times, a bast**d at times, could take it just as well as he dished it out and he above all else he understood it was the public who run the show not the no marks in the house. THATS why he was popular, I couldnt care less who he was prior to coming into the house.

Unlike some I dont pick winners based on sob stories or sympathy votes
Old 20-08-2013, 09:56 PM #69
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodHull View Post
Explain again how finishing second to a sure fire sympathy winner is having it backfire on him ???

Id say it worked a treat, he did amazingly well was close to emulating craig from BB1. When will Dexter haters realise nobody else cares one way or another about his supposed backstory or whether he did or didnt spend 120k on booze (I mean really it was barely mentioned after week 1)

People liked him cause he was unusual, amusing, humble at times, a bast**d at times, could take it just as well as he dished it out and he above all else he understood it was the public who run the show not the no marks in the house. THATS why he was popular, I couldnt care less who he was prior to coming into the house.

Unlike some I dont pick winners based on sob stories or sympathy votes
Old 20-08-2013, 09:58 PM #70
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Dexter's problem is that he now has to pick up from where he left off OUTSIDE the House.
So, back to being a paparazzo and con man.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:04 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Dexter's problem is that he now has to pick up from where he left off OUTSIDE the House.
So, back to being a paparazzo and con man.
So what?? What do you care what he does now... I certainly dont. I wish him well but beyond BB I couldnt really care less what he does with his life. BB is an entertainment show, I watch it to be entertained. Dexter was the most entertaining housemate bar none even if you hated him. Like 90% of the plots/stories in there wouldnt have happened without him.

Would have just been 8 weeks of Callum giving motivational speeches to Charlie while Sam slept.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:12 PM #72
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

I think Dexter might even get his own TV show - some sort of game show involving gambling might be right up his street!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 10:13 PM #73
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodHull View Post
So what?? What do you care what he does now... I certainly dont. I wish him well but beyond BB I couldnt really care less what he does with his life. BB is an entertainment show, I watch it to be entertained. Dexter was the most entertaining housemate bar none even if you hated him. Like 90% of the plots/stories in there wouldnt have happened without him.

Would have just been 8 weeks of Callum giving motivational speeches to Charlie while Sam slept.
I'm sure he is even less interested in the lives of those who were entertained.
Old 20-08-2013, 10:16 PM #74

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
But as it turned out Dexter was himself for the vast majority of the show, and by being himself he finished runner up to a guy who only won because of sympathy votes that Sam himself promoted.
It was Dexter who went for the sympathy vote, not Sam.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 10:20 PM #75
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It was Dexter who went for the sympathy vote, not Sam.
Sam felt it was sufficient to be slightly deaf and to say he was doing it for "cause". The sympathy votes would roll in without any further effort..... and indeed for 90% of the series he made no effort whatsoever.

Dexter's stuff was just funny!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big, couchpotatoes, dexter, reveal, tonight