Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 24-08-2013, 07:38 PM #1
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Default Inconsiderate neighbours

Anyone else have to deal with living above/below/next door to people who think they're the only people on the planet?

I live above a family and my desk is currently vibrating because of their ****ty music blasting through my floor.

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 07:44 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):

We had a new couple move into the house behind ours. They themselves are fine, but they leave their dog in their garden ALL DAY and it barks non stop... literally ALL DAY! It's a really high pitched yapping bark too which makes it all the more frustrating.

We're going to leave it for a few more days but if it carries on we're going to have to do something about it because it's so loud, it's the most annoying thing ever. Not sure what we're going to do though
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 07:56 PM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..you've talked to them about the music volume CH..?...I really feel for you, that must be awful to not be able to have quiet in your own space....have you got a landlord or anyone you can talk to about it..?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:01 PM #4
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..you've talked to them about the music volume CH..?...I really feel for you, that must be awful to not be able to have quiet in your own space....have you got a landlord or anyone you can talk to about it..?...
They only moved in about a month ago, for the first 2 weeks they actively avoided even making eye contact with me so they arent the friendliest, i'm not the type really to go down there and cause a fuss and start a war with them. Its my own place so there is no landlord, unfortunately.

A friend of mine is likely to pop in a bit later on, shes not exactly a shrinking violet she will probably give them a mouthful

Add me on Goodreads here
Old 24-08-2013, 08:01 PM #5
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

How long has this been going on?

Your local council's environmental department have responsibilities in this area, but it's better to sort it out neighbour to neighbour. A polite note through their letterbox may be more effective than a verbal confrontation.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:03 PM #6
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
How long has this been going on?

Your local council's environmental department have responsibilities in this area, but it's better to sort it out neighbour to neighbour. A polite note through their letterbox may be more effective than a verbal confrontation.
This is the second night in about a 3 week period music has blasted through my floor. I'm not going to cause a fuss, its really not worth it.

I just find it absolutely incredible that people can be so inconsiderate, I wouldnt dream of putting my TV too loud, never mind blasting music.

Add me on Goodreads here
Old 24-08-2013, 08:04 PM #7
folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Luckily ours moved out recently but before that they were a nightmare. Loud music at 3am, constant people coming and going... a door that was so loud it woke you up..
Old 24-08-2013, 08:06 PM #8
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Are you on speaking/friendly terms with them?

Of so you could raise it in the context of a general conversation.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:08 PM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
We had a new couple move into the house behind ours. They themselves are fine, but they leave their dog in their garden ALL DAY and it barks non stop... literally ALL DAY! It's a really high pitched yapping bark too which makes it all the more frustrating.

We're going to leave it for a few more days but if it carries on we're going to have to do something about it because it's so loud, it's the most annoying thing ever. Not sure what we're going to do though
I agree it can be annoying and I am a dog owner,fortunately where I am currenly living the next house is some distance off but I get people who do walk past the garden and if my Dog sees them he barks.
I was in the front garden and he was in the back, when 2 people came round the front of the house, one of them said ''Your Dog Barks''.
I had to stop myself laughing as I really don't know what I was expected to say to that really.

However,all day barking can be annoying and is it that people are walking past as Dogs are territorial and will bark if anyone is around,either the fence or outside the garden area if they don't know them.

I hope you talk to the owners rather than reporting it as it goes down as a black mark against the dog.
Someone reported mine because he had barked as she passed the fence,to the Police.
When they came they were great though, we have a 7 foot high fence all round the garden so no way is he any danger but because he is a Staffie she reported him since she 'hated' that breed apparantly.
They would record that reporting though and the sad thing is it is the Dog who could suffer,not the owners.

So I was really glad of the Police response and I know the lady got a firm talking to for ever reporting him in the first place.

I hope your new neighbours are reasonable though and they should try to make sure their Dog when in the garden is occupied. Dogs often hate to be alone for long periods and consistent barking can be a call for attention so I hope they listen to you and all gets sorted out easily and quickly for you.

Anyway really good luck RichardG.

Last edited by joeysteele; 24-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:09 PM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..yeah a confrontation/shoot out style will probably only escalate the problem and I can understand how annoying and frustrating it is but if you could strike up a normal conversation with them..maybe welcome them etc..?..and then mention it in a friendly way, they might stop the noise and be reasonable...?...
Old 24-08-2013, 08:10 PM #11
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Are you on speaking/friendly terms with them?

Of so you could raise it in the context of a general conversation.
Within the last few weeks we've 'advanced' to exchanging pleasantries in passing, but they literally would avoid even looking at me for the first few weeks. I can put up with it really, but there are elderly people living in the same block who must be going up the wall. Their other neighbour is touching 90. My issue is just how inconsiderate people can be, its just beyond my comprehension.

Add me on Goodreads here

Last edited by Verbal; 24-08-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 24-08-2013, 08:15 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree it can be annoying and I am a dog owner,fortunately where I am currenly living the next house is some distance off but I get people who do walk past the garden and if my Dog sees them he barks.
I was in the front garden and he was in the back, when 2 people came round the front of the house, one of them said ''Your Dog Barks''.
I had to stop myself laughing as I really don't know what I was expected to say to that really.

However,all day barking can be annoying and is it that people are walking past as Dogs are territorial and will bark if anyone is around,either the fence or outside the garden area if they don't know them.

I hope you talk to the owners rather than reporting it as it goes down as a black mark against the dog.
Someone reported mine because he had barked as she passed the fence,to the Police.
When they came they were great though, we have a 7 foot high fence all round the garden so no way is he any danger but because he is a Staffie she reported him since she 'hated' that breed apparantly.
They would record that reporting though and the sad thing is it is the Dog who could suffer,not the owners.

So I was really glad of the Police response and I know the lady got a firm talking to for ever reporting him in the first place.

I hope your new neighbours are reasonable though and they should try to make sure their Dog when in the garden is occupied. Dogs often hate to be alone for long periods and consistent barking can be a call for attention so I hope they listen to you and all gets sorted out easily and quickly for you.

Anyway really good luck RichardG.
It's in their back garden and there's really large fences all around it so I doubt it could see anyone other than those in the garden with it / in the house. I think the least they could do is take it indoors when it's barking loads and then try to calm it down. There's no excuse for them leaving it in the garden to yap yap yap all day every day and make no attempt to stop it.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:16 PM #13
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

i could go on all day talking about my neighbor, shes the most selfish, annoying and inconsiderate person iv ever met. She doesnt talk, she shouts.. i hear her every morning at 7am shouting her head off when she goes to work. When she moved in 2 years ago she decided to do all her house DIY by herself, i was lying in bed at about 5am and all i could hear was banging and the side of the house was vibrating and i went outside and the banging was stupidly loud, knocked on the door and she was taking the old tiles off her bathroom walls, she said she closed all the doors in her house so she didnt think anyone would be able to hear and she started asking me how my mum was... standing there at 5am in my dressing gown. She has half painted every wall in her house and knocked down a wall in her kitchen, her house must be half the price it was in the 2 years shes lived there. She thinks she has to be involved with everything.. we'll be outside doing a bit of gardening or having a chat with some other neighbors and she has to be involved in everything.. our street was really nice and friendly and kids used to be out on their bikes and stuff before she came and now nobody comes out because of her, nobody wants to go near her.

Shes taken the extractor out above her cooker and her fire alarm goes off every single night. If the suns out, even if its 10 degrees she'll have a BBQ in the front garden and completely smoke out my bedroom.. She owns a cat which im pretty sure isnt a normal cat and its quite big and loud and attacks the **** out of my cats and we've had to pay loads for them at the vets from the damage its caused. She drives like a psycho and does her stupid little wheel spins off her drive and has her windows down blaring her ****ty music. She decided to extend her drive and lay her own bricks and her drive is now wonky and bumpy and her garden is a complete mess and her house is filthy it probably puts the price of our house down.. she has a path going down the side of her house to her garden and my bedroom is on that side of my house and she keeps her recycle bins down their and they throw their bins around and leave their gate open and the amount of smashing i hear is unreal. I could go on and on, she's the worst person iv ever met and she just so happens to live nexdoor to me.. and then theres her son but thats a whole new story. Rant over.

Last edited by Drew.; 24-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:17 PM #14
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Get them an ASBO
Old 24-08-2013, 08:17 PM #15
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..yeah a confrontation/shoot out style will probably only escalate the problem and I can understand how annoying and frustrating it is but if you could strike up a normal conversation with them..maybe welcome them etc..?..and then mention it in a friendly way, they might stop the noise and be reasonable...?...
That of course would be the sensible thing to do, Ammi and civilised people would respond to that approach.

The people from this area however, would likely just laugh at you and turn it up louder the next time.

Its a one way street to a feud.

Add me on Goodreads here
Old 24-08-2013, 08:21 PM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalHermit View Post
That of course would be the sensible thing to do, Ammi and civilised people would respond to that approach.

The people from this area however, would likely just laugh at you and turn it up louder the next time.

Its a one way street to a feud.

..ahh ok, the police would talk to them though or would that just make it worse and turn it into a feud..I know these things can get silly sometimes if people refuse to show others consideration...
Old 24-08-2013, 08:21 PM #17
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew. View Post
i could go on all day talking about my neighbor, shes the most selfish, annoying and inconsiderate person iv ever met. She doesnt talk, she shouts.. i hear her every morning at 7am shouting her head off when she goes to work. When she moved in 2 years ago she decided to do all her house DIY by herself, i was lying in bed at about 5am and all i could hear was banging and the side of the house was vibrating and i went outside and the banging was stupidly loud, knocked on the door and she was taking the old tiles off her bathroom walls, she said she closed all the doors in her house so she didnt think anyone would be able to hear and she started asking me how my mum was... standing there at 5am in my dressing gown. She has half painted every wall in her house and knocked down a wall in her kitchen, her house must be half the price it was in the 2 years shes lived there. She thinks she has to be involved with everything.. we'll be outside doing a bit of gardening or having a chat with some other neighbors and she has to be involved in everything.. our street was really nice and friendly and kids used to be out on their bikes and stuff before she came and now nobody comes out because of her, nobody wants to go near her.

Shes taken the extractor out above her cooker and her fire alarm goes off every single night. If the suns out, even if its 10 degrees she'll have a BBQ in the front garden and completely smoke out my bedroom.. She owns a cat which im pretty sure isnt a normal cat and its quite big and loud and attacks the **** out of my cats and we've had to pay loads for them at the vets from the damage its caused. She drives like a psycho and does her stupid little wheel spins off her drive and has her windows down blaring her ****ty music. She decided to extend her drive and lay her own bricks and her drive is now wonky and bumpy and her garden is a complete mess and her house is filthy it probably puts the price of our house down.. she has a path going down the side of her house to her garden and my bedroom is on that side of my house and she keeps her recycle bins down their and they throw their bins around and leave their gate open and the amount of smashing i hear is unreal. I could go on and on, she's the worst person iv ever met and she just so happens to live nexdoor to me.. and then theres her son but thats a whole new story. Rant over.
That is just incredible. Now people like that I would gladly get involved in a feud with. If they were responsible for disturbing/annoying/attacking a family member/friend or pet I would go absolutely mental.

Add me on Goodreads here

Last edited by Verbal; 24-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 24-08-2013, 08:24 PM #18

See I get annoyed by the littlest of things with my neighbour, just because I lived in detached housing all the way up until a couple of years ago, so I wasn't use to any noise from next door at all..but now I'm a little bit grateful from reading this thread..

Only annoying thing my neighbour does in blow his nose really loudly in the morning () and his kids run up the stairs all the time when he has them on wednesdays and every other weekend. Seems a nice chap though

The other side is a church so don't really get any noise from that as it's not attached to ours

We do get twatty kids on scooters going past the house all the time though and it feels like an earthquake every time it happens

Last edited by King Gizzard; 24-08-2013 at 08:24 PM.
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:24 PM #19
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is just incredible. Now people like that I would gladly get involved in a feud with. If they were responsible for disturbing/annoying/attacking a family member/friend or pet I would go absolutely mental.
she's the only person iv ever called a bitch, unlucky for me she heard me but its worked out well in the long run because she no longer talks to me when she see's me.
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:24 PM #20
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..ahh ok, the police would talk to them though or would that just make it worse and turn it into a feud..I know these things can get silly sometimes if people refuse to show others consideration...
Yea it would just turn sour then and make it worse. This is only the second time in a few weeks its been like this, so I can put up with it really. If it started happening everyday I would approach them and say something.

Add me on Goodreads here
Old 24-08-2013, 08:26 PM #21
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
she's the only person iv ever called a bitch, unlucky for me she heard me but its worked out well in the long run because she no longer talks to me when she see's me.
Your situation, for me has gone past 'playing nice' as i'm doing now. If I was you I would have declared war on them by now. They would move out to get away from me

Add me on Goodreads here
Old 24-08-2013, 08:27 PM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..Drew you said you wouldn't say anything..and I don't shout that loud anyway, you just have silly sensitive ears and my home improvements are lovely.......

..that is very annoying though, she sounds like a nightmare....
Old 24-08-2013, 08:29 PM #23
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Yea it would just turn sour then and make it worse. This is only the second time in a few weeks its been like this, so I can put up with it really. If it started happening everyday I would approach them and say something.
..yeah you can't put up with that indefinitely, it's completely inconsiderate but if it's only been a few weeks then just see how it goes because it might calm but if it doesn't you can look at the best way to approach it...
Old 24-08-2013, 08:33 PM #24
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Saira Khan

I think I am one, we argue most of the time in our house, we haven't recently though...

Spoiler:

zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 08:34 PM #25

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

There is a super annoying family that lives next to us. The father is either always at work or golfing, the wife does nothing but talk on the phone all day and let the kids run like wild monkeys. They have twins, a boy and a girl. The boy is spoiled rotten and the girl is the spawn of Satan. She constantly makes fun of my brother (who has autism). The parents will do nothing about it, never wanted to punch out a ten year old girl so much. Also last summer they hit my car with one of their ****ing bikes and it was a bitch getting them to pay for it (they finally did like six months later)

it is okay though I let my obese dogs take large shits on their lawn and don't clean them up

Last edited by Roy Mars III; 24-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Roy Mars III is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
inconsiderate, neighbours