Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 AM #1301

mansi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 AM #1302

Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 PM #1303

SO WHAT'S SHILPA COOKING NOW?
By Subhash K Jha

Chicken curry has acquired a new drool rule in Great Britain after the dishy Shilpa's experience with the dish on Big Brother.

And she isn't sitting pretty with her recipe. Shilpa has inked a deal to write a cookery book.

Laughs Shilpa, "That's the first thing that I've actually decided to do. There's a massive demand for my cookery book. I want to call it Curry Rules. You know I love cooking. Back home in Mumbai I love to cook for my friends. I cooked every day at the Big Brother house."

Shilpa has sealed a massive deal for the cook book. Also on the anvil is an autobiography. "But before that I'll be writing a book on my experiences with Big Brother."

A dessert has been named after Shilpa. "The menu at the lunch with the British PM Tony Blair was based on my preferences. And the dessert was named Shilpa's Delight after me."

There's also a perfume to be named after Shilpa whose aroma will piggyride Shilpa's new -found fame in Great Britain. "Isn't that something? I can finally spread the fragrance of my fame in a bottle," she giggles.

Shilpa is expected back in India in a week's time. Currently she's busy considering a large number of deals in London.

"But a lot of the so-called information about my deals are just hearsay. There're some very interesting film and tv offers. But I don't know how many of these I want to do. Everyday is choc-a-block with engagements. My life is run by my agent and PR guy right now," she laughs hysterically.

"I'm currently shooting exclusive covers for a whole lot of British magazines. The first week after Big Brother has gone into media interviews and explaing my stand on racism. Channel 4 was really really scared about what I'd say.

If I spoke one word against Big Brother the channel would have had to close down the show. So damage control was my chosen agenda in the first week.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 PM #1304

Shilpa's Delight....hmm, I'd love to taste some Shilpa.
zachary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:40 PM #1305
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

Thanks for all the New Pics

She looks Great
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 11:38 AM #1306

'Big Brother' team for 'Metro' premiere?

Last week, we dropped a hint vis-ŕ-vis UTV’s ambitious plans to give METRO an extensive international release in the wake of Shilpa Shetty’s larger-than-life status in U.K. and Europe. Well, there’s more happening on that front!

To start with, UTV has decided to hold a gala premiere of the film on 10th May, a day before its global release, in London. The crčme de la crčme of this bustling metropolis are expected to be on the guest-list, which, of course, will be attended by Shilpa and the ensemble cast of the film.

It’s also being said that the BIG BROTHER team -- the reality show that made Shilpa an international celebrity overnight -- will be invited for this mega-event. “Also, we’ve decided to double the print order in U.K. owing to the huge popularity there,” Ram Mirchandani of UTV confirms.

Besides premiering the film in London, UTV has decided to take the film to two prominent film festivals overseas. Watch this space for further developments

http://indiafm.com/news/2007/02/13/8868/index.html
S2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 12:55 PM #1307

Some Shilpa sigs

Old 13-02-2007, 01:58 PM #1308

How dare he call me a fake: Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa Shetty Talks To Subhash K Jha.

First things first, how do you feel?
Wednesday was my first free day. It's snowing here in London. And I'm cosied up with 12 cms of snow. I'm still in a daze. What's going on with my life is more than I can explain. What happened to me in that Big Brother house became an international issue.

How are you holding up as India's new representative abroad?
I'm doing okay. I met the PM Tony Blair last week. I went there to thank him on my country's behalf. It was an embrrassing situation for him. He had to answer questions on racism. It must have been very embarrassing for him.

Was Chicken Curry Served?
Oh yeah! 'Chicken Curry Rules' has become slogan in Great Britain. I drove on Wednesday to Leiscester which is an Indian-dominated area.

I got to know old people from the British Asian community who never watched Big Brother started watching it to see me….Would you believe I haven't seen the entire series of Big Brother.

Do you really believe you were a victim of racism in there?
Initially it was hard for me to tell. In India none of us goes through racist behaviour. All of us are Indians. Once I was in the House lots of things were happening. People who followed the whole series were irked by what they saw.

These are British Asians who have been subjected to this kind of discrimination for years and this was the first time they saw someone they knew and liked standing up against the bullying and racial discrimination they experienced in everyday life. For me to be treated like that was very painful to see.

On reality TV the viewers form a strange bonding with the participants. And it wasn't just the British Asians, it was also the British who were appalled. When I made a statement from in there saying, 'Is this the new Britain' the Britishers didn't want Great Britain to be epitomized by those three girls in there (who bullied me).

Do you feel you were racially discriminated against?
You know if you saw the footage I clearly said, 'It was racist.' I've been working in the Hindi film industry from the age of 17, and I've never been treated like this. I never did anything in the House to hurt them, or to make them feel I was unfriendly.

They had this attitude towards me, and I didn't know where it was coming from. This kind of attitude happens among women who are insecure or jealous. But I was never subjected to this kind of a thing.

Was it a girlie thing carried too far?
There was a groupism, and a divide. So coming back to your question about whether the situation in there was racist, I said it was. I don't like to hold grudges. When I went to the dining room, Big Brother asked me if Jade Goodie's attitude towards me was racist. That's when I realized the gravity of the situation.

I realized the entire Asian communist would be hurt if I used that word. And I had no idea my words were creating a furore across the world. So I revised my earlier opinion, and told all the Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis who were listening that yes it was mean rude, obnoxious and arrogant behaviour. But it wasn't racist behaviour.

Have you forgiven Jade?
Jade Goody did apologize. And I've forgiven her. Anyone who knows me knows I forgive and forget easily. Faroukh Dhony has made a statement that I'm a fake. How dare he?! How dare he take away from the fact that I'm representing my country in Great Britain. A lot of Indians in the UK are very irked by his criticism of me.

So would you invite Jade Goody for your wedding whenever it happens?
(laughs) Jade is just an acquaintance, someone I met as part of my experience at Big Brother. She's neither a friend nor an enemy. We were forced to know one another, and I've moved on. I believe her house has been stoned. She has received death threats.

During a police investigation I was told Jade and the others who behaved badly with me have been treated like criminal offenders. Do I feel sorry for Jade? Of course! I wouldn't wish this on anyone. She's a mother of two. I don't wish bad for anyone. And at the end of the day this was just a game show.

Have you become more socially and politically conscious?
Definitely. When I went to Leicester I couldn't get out of the car. It wasn't mock-hysteria. There was a feeling of pride in every Indian there. It made me cry. Actually the enormity of what has happened has just sunk in.

But believe me I wanted to speak to the Indian press at the first given opportunity. At the meeting with the British PM at the House Of Commons I walked across to the Indian press corps, though the British press resented this.

But they had me for a week-and-half. My own country and cinema will always mean more to me. Yes, I feel I haven't really got my due as an actress in Hindi cinema.

So why don't you stand for the elections as an Indian MP in Britain?
No way! You know I'm totally apolitical.
Old 13-02-2007, 02:42 PM #1309

^ Mansi TFS. That was a brilliant read
Old 13-02-2007, 03:07 PM #1310

Shilpa at her Interview with Sabras Radio

Sabras Managing Director Don Kotak (left) welcomes Shilpa to Radio House alongside Keith Vaz MP

Shilpa sees the size of the crowd who have waited patiently for hours inside Sabras HQ...

...and is presented with several gifts at Reception

Shilpa talks to Raj Baddhan on Drivetime...

...and takes calls from Sabras listeners

Shilpa talking to another fan with Keith Vaz MP joining in

Shilpa shows the gift presented to her by Sabras Radio

Shilpa poses with a fan after her interview

Shilpa shows her delight at the warm welcome extended by Sabras

Shilpa continues to draw a crowd as she departs Radio House

http://sabrasradio.com/sabras.php?v=y
Old 13-02-2007, 04:07 PM #1311

Shilpa on the cover of OK - Latest issue

She looks so adorable

Old 13-02-2007, 04:46 PM #1312

Here's some scan's from this weeks Reveal Magazine, my scanner is pretty shot so sorry about the quality

Simply Beautiful!!
Old 13-02-2007, 05:15 PM #1313

^ Shilpa looks absolutley gorgeous
Old 13-02-2007, 05:38 PM #1314
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella

she looks very pretty, i'm glad shes doing so well.
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 05:49 PM #1315

But I hope we get more than just interviews and pictures. I want to know what kind of work she has accepted. Is she going to appear on the small screen as a model for various brands, model on the catwalk, the west-end, presenting TV shows, films etc ???
Old 13-02-2007, 10:02 PM #1316

Quote:
Originally posted by Shilpa_Fan
^ Mansi TFS. That was a brilliant read
np shilpa_fan, i agree with you she looks adorable on the cover of OK.
Old 13-02-2007, 10:50 PM #1317

Im getting my OK magazine tomorrow. I can't wait
Old 14-02-2007, 08:38 PM #1318

From the latest OK Magazine

Old 14-02-2007, 08:50 PM #1319

Shilpa Shetty warns fans about her steamy film scene * words taken from OK Magazine, where Shilpa gave her official interview*

Shilpa Shetty says she is set to shock her fans with raunchy scenes in her new film METRO. The Indian flick due out in the UK in April features a sexy love scene that may raise a few eyebrows. There is a love scene in my new film but it has been beautifully shot, she says. I would never do anything vulgar
Old 14-02-2007, 11:01 PM #1320

I do not love any 'married man'
By Subhash K Jha

Shilpa Shetty suddenly decided to return to Mumbai. "It was a totally impromptu decision. In fact I decided to return home an hour before taking off from London. I had to come home, even if it was only for a while.

I had some days off in London, and a close friend was was flying back from London to Mumbai. I flew down with him on his private plane. The decision to come down here was very sudden. I was very very homesick, yaar!. So here I am."

At Siddhi Vinayak temple on Saturday Shilpa had to face a mob of onlookers. "God! It was pandemonium. And I do mean God," she laughs her characteristically frank laughter.

Back in London, there was an uncommon happening at the House Of Commons. Shilpa's euphoria after meeting British PM Tony Blair lingers.

"You know in the midst of all the press interviews suddenly this one guy piped in, 'Can I marry you? I think he was Asian, though a lot of Brits are also showing keen interest,"she giggles.

Shilpa is flooded with marriage proposals. "It's such feeling of pride for me as an Indian to be called out by name by on the streets of London. My mom had predicted that one day I'd be world-famous. Of course all Bollywood actors are famous across the world. But this?! I don't believe it. I feel proud that an Indian is being given so much love and respect."

Shilpa's mom Sunanda Shetty has no intentions of finding a groom in Britain for her daughter.

"Where do these things come from? Knowing my mom, do you think she's ever make a loose statement like that? My mom has better things to do than look for a groom for me. And right now marriage is the last thing on my mind."

Speaking of shaadi, British PM Tony Blair made it a point to watch Shilpa in her Salman-starrer Shaadi Kar Ke Phans Gaya.

Giggles Shilpa, "He said he saw my movie on Sky TV. That they showed an Indian television on Sky TV has never happened in the history of Great Britain. Mr Blair said he was channel surfing when he came across this movie of mine. And he watched it!"

A widely-quoted interview from a British paper has Shilpa quoted as saying she's in love with a married man who has two children.

"Why would I say such a thing to anyone? I'd love to know who this 'friend' of mine is. I wonder why anyone would want to contrive a man in my life? I'm very sadly single."
Old 15-02-2007, 08:20 AM #1321

^ Good interview. TFS Mansi
Old 15-02-2007, 07:37 PM #1322

Shilpa turns down part in EastEnders

Celebrity Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty has confirmed that she will not be joining top British soap EastEnders.

The Bollywood actress was approached by the BBC, who produce the most watched television programme in the UK, for a 1 year deal to play a love interest for bad boy Phil Mitchell. Shilpa's character would have also been the elder sister of current Indian character Preeti. She would have ben joined in the soap by a further 3 Indian characters to make up a new family, who would move into the old Pauline Fowler house.

One of the reasons as to why Shilpa turned down the part was that it would have tied her up for the forseeable future, and it would have been difficult for her to work in movies, which she intends do very soon.

Source: radiosargam.com
Old 15-02-2007, 08:17 PM #1323

Shilpa on This Morning 15/2/07

Old 15-02-2007, 08:25 PM #1324

Shilpa on This Morning 15/2/07

Old 15-02-2007, 08:27 PM #1325

Thanks for the pics,Feebs....i need to see the interview...close fitted top yay lol

And i'm glad she turned the part down in Eastender....*yuck*!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
92, biggest, club, fan, members, shetty, shilpa