Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 17-02-2007, 09:02 PM #1351

where's rakash??? haven't seen him in a while, he didn't update the list....
mansi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 09:04 PM #1352

I saw his name on the user active list last night but don't know if he posted anything.
S2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 06:31 PM #1353

SHILPA BANNED FROM SEEING SICK JO

17/02/07
CELEBRITY Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty has been dealt a bitter blow – she’s been barred from seeing troubled housemate Jo O’Meara.

Jo’s family fear that if the pair meet, it will push the fragile girl – who has stopped eating and already talked of suicide – over the edge.

Bollywood actress Shilpa, who was the target of racist bullies during the Channel 4 show, wanted to offer an olive branch to the former S Club singer.

Troubled Jo, 27, was among a gang of girls in the BB house accused of cruelly taunting and bullying the Indian actress – sparking a huge backlash from viewers and a global outrage which saw Jo become a hate figure and receive death threats.

It led the blonde chart-topper to sink into a deep depression, feeling her life and career are in tatters.

Big-hearted Shilpa, 31, has said she is prepared to forgive Jo for her antics and wants to meet her in the hope she can help her get back on her feet – but she has hit a brick wall.

Almost three weeks after Celeb BB ended, the film beauty has not been able to see Jo or even get a message to her.

Her family have slapped a ban on anyone from the TV show coming near her – because they are worried any such meetings will cause Jo to have a complete nervous breakdown.

The singer is too scared to go back to her home in Essex and has been holed up in a hideaway hotel since eviction.

She is on prescription drugs to try to beat her depression and only a small number of people have been allowed to see her – none of them CBB stars – for fear of triggering all the bad memories and experiences from the show.

Last night Shilpa – who has forgiven Jo for mimicking her Indian accent and joking that all Indians are thin because they get ill from eating undercooked food – issued a plea for Jo to get in touch. Her spokesman said: “Shilpa has not been able to speak to Jo and we would urge her to get in touch as soon as possible. Shilpa would really like to see her before she flies back to India next week.

“She wants Jo to know the door is open for her and she wants to help get her sorted and put all this behind her. So we want her to give us a call.”

Shilpa is not the only BB pal who has not been able to get near Jo.

Cleo Rocos, Ian “H” Watkins and Danielle Lloyd – who have all been worried sick about her after word leaked that she had been suicidal – have been unable to contact her.

A spokesman for Danielle, 23, said: “She is very concerned for Jo but she has not been able to reach her.”

And 30-year-old Ian’s agent added: “He had a mobile phone number for her but it is no longer working.

“It has not been possible to get hold of her.”

Pal Cleo, 44, revealed she is also having trouble getting a message to Jo, who she called her “soulmate”.

It appears the only people who are allowed to see Jo are her mum, a handful of family members and a close friend.

A family source said: “Jo is still very fragile and we think she needs to get herself sorted before she sees anyone from that dreaded show.

“We’re worried that if she meets up with Cleo or Shilpa or Dani in her current state it might trigger all the bad memories again and set her back – even though they are her friends.

“They know that Cleo, Dani, Ian and Shilpa mean well, but at the moment think it is best for her not to see them.

“She has been made aware that they have sent their love and want to see her.”

* SHILPA fans have set up a petition on the internet calling on her to take over disgraced Danielle’s £100,000 modelling job at Rocawear, the firm set up by rap star Jay-Z, 37.

-DAILY STAR SUNDAY

*Shilpafan remember the petition you had made...it's in the article and on her website....good job .....so what happened to that? do you have to send it to Rocawear, or is someone else, her manager taken over that? =s
Old 18-02-2007, 06:49 PM #1354

'Journey from actress to diva has begun'

"Shilpa Shetty will soon launch a perfume in her name in the UK, after which she will begin writing her cookery book," informed her spokesperson and publicist Dale Bhagwagar at a press meet in Kolkata this week.

The actress who flew down to Mumbai for four days after the 'Big Brother' win, is back in UK to honour commitments, he informed. "Shilpa dropped in as she was feeling homesick. She was missing Mumbai and her dad, so she hopped on a private jet as soon as she got some time to spare. But now, she will only return after a week," informed Bhagwagar.

Refusing to reveal her exact travel plans and movements, he said, "they have been kept a secret due to security reasons."

On returning to Mumbai, Shilpa will complete her shooting for Anurag Basu's 'Metro' and Anil Sharma's 'Apne' and simultaneously take a call on the various film offers that have come her way after her international fame. "Its going to be a balancing act between Bollywood and the West. Her journey from actress to diva has begun," Bhagwagar added.

Dale Bhagwagar at the press meet in Kolkata

Old 18-02-2007, 06:58 PM #1355

Quote:
Originally posted by mansi
* SHILPA fans have set up a petition on the internet calling on her to take over disgraced Danielle’s £100,000 modelling job at Rocawear, the firm set up by rap star Jay-Z, 37.

-DAILY STAR SUNDAY

*Shilpafan remember the petition you had made...it's in the article and on her website....good job .....so what happened to that? do you have to send it to Rocawear, or is someone else, her manager taken over that? =s
Yeah I saw that the Daily Star mentioned the petition. Im so happy. Yay! Thanks to everyone that signed it.
And I know its up on the Shilpa shetty website, because I asked the admin to put it up, so thanks to him too.
Mansi, we need abit more signatures and we have till the end of the month before we can send it off. So that means more time for more signatures to be generated
Old 18-02-2007, 07:47 PM #1356

New signatures made by my friend. Feel free to use

Absolutley gorgeous

Old 18-02-2007, 07:52 PM #1357

Old 18-02-2007, 07:52 PM #1358

^^^ Niceeeeee
zachary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 07:59 PM #1359

^ You used one, me too. We really do take advantage of these stunning creations
Old 19-02-2007, 02:06 PM #1360

A long interview but well worth reading
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/23703.html

After the controversy over being subjected to racist comments by housemate Jade Goody on the Celebrity Big Brother show, Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty has found international recognition — The New York Times and several British tabloids front-paged her pictures and she attracts crowds even in the UK. On NDTV 24x7’s Walk the Talk, she spoke to The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta about how she kept her Indian-ness on the show, why she’s forgiven Goody, and how she’s handling all the new-found attention

Hello and welcome to Walk the Talk. I’m Shekhar Gupta, at Hyde Park in London, with this week’s guest — a celebrity to tens and millions of people, not just in India but all over Britain. It’s very difficult to keep crowds away from Shilpa Shetty now
Yes, it is a beautiful feeling that now I am recognised in different countries. To be recognised in your country is one thing. And not just by fellow Indians or Pakistanis. It is strange. It seemed weird, actually, the first day — people know me by my name, my surname. It is strange to hear your name from people you don’t even know!

Tell us about how this new celebrity-hood came, and how you are coping with it now! You have been a celebrity, but this is different...
I’ve been an actor for 14 years and got recognized by people. I’ve even done shows here and been recognised by people here. We always do shows abroad. I’ve seen and known crowds shouting out my name and all, but this is a new level!

Because there has never ever been an Indian who’s been mobbed like you have been mobbed here.
Yeah, that has never happened. And I take it as a huge compliment

And when did you realise it was this big!
After I got out of the house. I think it became so big because Big Brother is huge here. But it never got escalated to this level. It became so big because of the whole issue that it raked up. The issue of racism is, I guess, a hundred-fold more inflated than the Hindu-Muslim issue in our country. So, may be, if you had a Muslim inmate treated badly in the Big Boss house in India, it would have been bad, but it wouldn’t have raked the kind of chaos that it did all around the world. But, in this country it is so much the culture.

But I can tell you that in India we would have been more sensitive. We have all learnt from our movies that when a person from a majority deals with a person of the minority community, usually people tend to be even more respectful, address the other person as bhai... Maybe some of what happened to you here would not have happened to somebody from a minority in the Indian Big Brother.
Maybe not. But all are so hypocritical, and nobody would have imagined something like that would happen to me! I was prepared for, maybe, a culture shock... Yes, I knew that people in the House would not quite understand my language, in terms of my accent. But I did not think it would be more than that. And a lot of other things we had to make adjustments with. When it started I didn’t understand their language. I didn’t understand the tone in which they spoke, especially Jade. And you know we are Indian, we are brought up so differently. And every time I would say ‘please’, ‘pardon me’, ‘thank you’, or ‘sorry’, they thought “Ugh, she is so fake!” But that’s the way I am, and that’s the way all of us are. That’s how we are brought up in India.

You were being polite and nice when they thought you were fake. Like how?
I don’t know. Like Jade kept thinking that I was not genuine, because I would be polite all the time. I was just being myself. You know after a point they made me feel that I was “un-cool”, as if I was not with it because I was not burping. They used to have burping matches in the house. And I was like, “What’s happening!” And there was no beer in the house! We were all forced to be in that environment and we were forced to bond. Maybe in the outside world, if you don’t get along with someone, you don’t talk to the person.

When did it begin to hurt first?
It did not really hurt me in that sense. I think people were more hurt watching me there. And I think they were more hurt because I would be very stoic about it. I would not really say too much. So, I think that is one thing that hurt them.

I think it was a little bit of Gandhigiri there, was it?
I don’t know about Gandhigiri, I think I have in me to forgive and forget

So tell me when did you first think this was a rude thing!
It happened slowly and steadily. And you haven’t really seen the series, so I can’t explain it to you. And most of the people in India have not seen it. So people wouldn’t really understand the anonymity of it all because one has to watch the whole series to know that. We in India do not even understand the real meaning of racism! At least I have never ever experienced anything like that. In India you are never really treated with racial discrimination. It’s such a huge word! But here, a lot of people have gone through it! They have gone through a lot of racial bullying.

But can you recount it for me?
Shekhar, I guess it is common amongst women to get jealous and be insecure, and I knew that they were insecure with me! And Jamaine, my housemate who really bonded with me, said, “Don’t get down to their level, just be yourself and go with it.” And every step on the way I kept asking him if I was doing anything wrong. Because the reaction I kept getting from them was really strange. Actually, it started out really well, and then Jade entered three days later, and she was supposed to be the surprise element in the Big Brother house. And when she came in, I had no idea who she was. I was just told by my fellow housemates that Jade Goody is someone who is very impressive, and she was also on a previous Big Brother show. So that was all in my sub-conscious mind. And she was very nice with me in the beginning, and then suddenly, after her mother went out, she started getting really nasty with me, may be because she felt that I was taking over the kitchen. But I don’t know why she felt that way. In fact I was the only one who could cook. And I cooked out of choice, and also because I cared for other people. I just didn’t go and cook for myself, I did it for everybody. Because it is rude to just cook and eat on your own.

Did that lead to jealousy?
Yes, I think that is what led to jealousy. But I never really understood it. And I would have just let it be. But then, there was one row that actually blew it out of proportion. What she said was very un-called for!

What did she say, and how did it happen?
Well, it was over the most silly thing. For us, it may look really juvenile, but in that House it was our world, and we were made to do various tasks so that we could earn our food. And we had failed one task, which meant that we were living on two pounds a day and we had very little food to eat. And when you are hungry, you are made to do very stupid things. And we are all celebrities who live luxurious lives with all the comfort and then you come to this house and you are fighting for food. It was strange, because in adverse situations like that your true character comes out. And I think she was upset about one thing. And then one thing led to another. Then she got really nasty.

Recount the nasty conversation for me!
She said things like, “You are no princess, come down to earth.” She started screaming. She thought she was making great TV. She thought her fights with me would be interesting to watch. To have two women fight, but I wasn’t fighting back. And it really didn’t work in her favour.

In a way she made great TV, except that someone else became the star!
I don’t think she quite intended it that way. I was never really there to make great TV. I did it because it was a new challenge for me. I did it because it was a great opportunity, and it was serious money! It was a very lucrative offer for me! I am not apologetic about it because I got paid very well. I am in the business of entertainment. I don’t know why people say she wasn’t there to represent the country; she was there to make money! I was shocked, because that’s what hurts me more than anything else. It’s my business, yes, and I am there to make my money. But I am sorry, my honour and integrity is not up for sale! I have never made money at someone else’s cost! And I was very clear when I was going on Celebrity Big Brother that I will do this much, but I would not do that! There were points in my contract which said I wouldn’t wear a bikini, or I would not kiss anyone in the house, I would not do anything to bring down my name and self-respect, I would not do anything un-Indian. This was one of the clauses! Now if someone says she is not representing her country it hurts me. How can you take that away from me? I am Indian!

Was there a moment when you lost your cool?
Yeah, once when she spoke to me with a lot of disrespect. And she was very condescending as well. I never had anybody speak to me like that. I have been in the movie business for 14 years and I have always been pampered and taken care of. And people have always treated you with a lot of respect. But here, someone was just screaming at me for no rhyme or reason. And I knew I hadn’t done anything wrong. It’s not that I couldn’t, but I wouldn’t. That’s not me!

And then, when did you realise it had become such a big thing? You got Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, Anand Sharma, and Tony Blair so exercised!
All that I got to know once I came out of the house. The way it goes here — the moment you get out of the house, the first thing they tell you is what has been happening you were not even aware of. I was shown clippings of effigies being burnt in our country. And it just scared me! I had no clue then whatsoever! I didn’t know it had blown up to be something so big. And then I was made to meet a psychologist. He thought I was mentally scarred for life. It’s just such a dumb thing that before you go on to a show like this, they make you meet a psychologist, ask you questions even before you go into the house. Like how you are going to deal with situations. And in India if you visit a shrink, there sure has to be something wrong with you! And I was averse to the whole idea! And when he met me even before going to the house, he said, “You really don’t need me! You look just fine!” But, when I got out, he was really weary, because he must have been aware of the goings on while I was in the House. And he showed me the various paper cuttings from all over the world. When he showed me I was on the cover of New York Times, that I was in the headlines in this country for 15 days, it just scared me! And that’s when it started sinking into me slowly and steadily. He told me that Jade had death threats and that they’ve been pelting stones at her house. It just saddened me on one level!

Are you angry with her?
Not at all! I think she has already been through more than her share of punishment. If you go and see the way people react today, it is sad because she used to be a huge celebrity here. And then her perfumes were taken off the shelves, and she fears for her life, her children. It’s not worth it, it’s just a show!

What would you say to her now? You’ll forgive her, love her?
I’ve already forgiven her. I have moved on.

The Government of India wants her to come to India and see things for herself!
Does the Government of India really want that? Well, I’ll be more than happy if she comes to India, and I would invite her to my place. But I am not a PR tool for anybody. If you show interest in my country for the right reasons, I will do it. I really have nothing against her, but what she did was wrong.

Was it racist?
No, not according to me! Racist for me would be someone who would say things with real intent because of your colour. And I don’t really think Jade did that.

Were you told things that were said to you because you were Indian? You know a lot of stuff that people got agitated about was said behind my back. I was never told those things directly.

You only heard about that once you came out?
Once I came out of the house, on the second day, I was played a few of those clippings. But I guess it just stemmed out of jealousy and a lot of insecurity. And I guess they were really stupid! They were really not an intelligent lot! Not that I am, but it’s just that they are so ignorant. What can I possibly say to a girl who doesn’t know the meaning of ‘attire’? But she has been through a very hard life. She has lived in foster homes. Her mother suddenly turned lesbian one fine day. She has really not had it very easy! May be all this has made her into the person she is today. And I really don’t hold it against her.

And what was it like to meet Tony Blair?
It was an absolute pleasure. I thanked him, and he had a lot of questions to answer that I heard when I was in the House. He was very nice and polite and told me that he saw one of my movies.

If you were to do a celebrity Big Brother in India, what would be the cast?
I would never ever do that now. No reality TV for me!

What’s your plan now? You say you are homesick, but when are you coming back?
I am coming back soon. I have to finish Metro, that’s my next movie, a UTV production directed by Anurag Basu. It was actually because of them that I could take up the Big Brother offer. They had to delay the film for some time. But I guess this has all worked out in their favour, because now suddenly they are going to do a premiere here, and that is going to work now! And anything that works for the film works for me.

Life changed entirely, isn’t it?
Life has changed a complete 360 degrees. I am very grateful to God actually. I always knew that I was God’s special child. When I came to India, the funniest thing that I saw was a photo of me at Siddhivinayak (temple), and it read “Here Shilpa with Bigger Brother.” There is only God who can make or break you, and I believe that! The reason behind my making has been God! It was not me, it was not Jade, it was just divine intervention!

Gandhigiri, or God or Goody, I think everything has come together to make this possible. I hope you go from strength to strength and there is no looking back. It was so wonderful to have you on Walk the Talk.
Old 19-02-2007, 04:43 PM #1361

9mins of LIVE FOOTAGE from CBB of Shilpa Shetty. Look and admire her beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkKa7RF9Fd4
codenamedroid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 04:48 PM #1362
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally posted by codenamedroid
9mins of LIVE FOOTAGE from CBB of Shilpa Shetty. Look and admire her beauty.

The link don't work
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 04:54 PM #1363

Default sorry still being processed

screen shots are this

codenamedroid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 08:02 PM #1364

^ TFS
Old 22-02-2007, 04:23 AM #1365

"British Royal Princes Contemplate Inviting "Celebrity Big Brother" Winner To Diana Concert"

February 21, 2007 9:37 a.m. EST
Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (BANG) - Britain's Princes William and Harry have invited "Celebrity Big Brother" winner Shilpa Shetty to be guest of honor at the Princess Diana memorial concert.

The brothers reportedly think the Bollywood actress would make an ideal guest for the event in honor of their late mother, who died in a tragic Paris car crash ten years ago.

An insider told Britain's Daily Star newspaper,"William and Harry thought Shilpa was amazing in 'Celebrity Big Brother' and very much hope she will take part in the big day."

If the Indian stunner takes up William, 24, and 22-year-old Harry's offer she will join a host of other celebrities, including Elton John and Duran Duran, at the Wembley Stadium concert on July 1.

31-year-old Shilpa won the reality TV contest with 63 per cent of the public vote after she became the center of an international racist bullying argument following disagreements with fellow housemates Jade Goody, Jo O'Meara and Danielle Lloyd.

The actress - also an HIV/AIDS activist, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) supporter and model in her native India - has been offered various television deals since her 'Celebrity Big Brother' victory.

-All Headline News

^ She looks so hot in that picture, her eyes!!! <3
Old 22-02-2007, 04:58 AM #1366

Old 22-02-2007, 05:00 AM #1367

Old 22-02-2007, 06:59 AM #1368

The ONLY reason you have so many members is because people feel sorry for her. I made the mistake of liking someone and feeling sorry for them before!
Kristen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 08:09 AM #1369

To be fair - how can you possibly claim to know why this club has so many members? Unless you've asked each and every one why they joined of course!
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 08:46 AM #1370

Alot of members were fans of Shilpa even before knowing she was going in. And with confirmation of her in the house, alot more became fans, prior to any incident of feeling sorry for her.

Oh well barking dogs will always bark, even after being fed
Old 22-02-2007, 10:19 AM #1371

Quote:
Originally posted by kristen1985
The ONLY reason you have so many members is because people feel sorry for her. I made the mistake of liking someone and feeling sorry for them before!
Look! It's little miss know it all.
zachary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 07:45 PM #1372

ello guys soz ive been really busy with work, can anyone pm me the list as im really busy xxxxx
Riz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 08:15 PM #1373

heyy rakash....79 is rayofsunshine, 80 is zacharybinx, and 81 is IheartTweety or Fiona89 dunno she changed her name I think... she never came back on here, =S. ..yeah that's the update
Old 22-02-2007, 08:52 PM #1374

^ LOL Guys, I have a little surprise in a few days, well not surprise as such, well actually yeah a surprise LOL I hope you'll like it
Old 22-02-2007, 09:02 PM #1375

what is it shilpafan?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
92, biggest, club, fan, members, shetty, shilpa