Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM #1

Default No value in winning CBB if already quite famous

The CBB celebs negotiate their fees prior to entering the house, so winning is immaterial if they are relatively well known.

Lee is fairly famous to anyone who knows 2000s pop, so winning would have less impact on him than if an unknown like Casey. Lee is getting people talking about him which will pay off better in long run than being bland and winning.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:45 PM #2

I still think they should implement a different fee for whatever position you come. X amount for being first out, X amount for reaching the final, X amount for winning, etc.

Obviously I don't mean whether you're Evander (probably the highest paid HM this year) or Liz (the lowest paid?) you will get the same fee for being first out - but just something lower than what they'd get if they made it to the end. It would encourage more gameplay rather than them not being bothered to be voted out.
Jord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:50 PM #3
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
I still think they should implement a different fee for whatever position you come. X amount for being first out, X amount for reaching the final, X amount for winning, etc.

Obviously I don't mean whether you're Evander (probably the highest paid HM this year) or Liz (the lowest paid?) you will get the same fee for being first out - but just something lower than what they'd get if they made it to the end. It would encourage more gameplay rather than them not being bothered to be voted out.
Nah I think negotiating the fees is the only way they can get the bigger names to appear in the house; they'd narrow it down to the most cash strapped celebrities if they had fees paid on a performance basis
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:54 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Nah I think negotiating the fees is the only way they can get the bigger names to appear in the house; they'd narrow it down to the most cash strapped celebrities if they had fees paid on a performance basis
True, but the producers wouldn't really care if Liz was evicted. No great financial loss...
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb, famous, winning