Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 14-01-2014, 10:44 PM #51
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Lionel Blair has summed up Luisa brilliantly on Big Mouth. She's self centered, she thinks she's the biggest star in there. She's so obvious I dont see how people cant see it.
I think she has a lot of support because, to be fair to her, she has been attacked by others (whether rightly or wrongly) on multiple occasions and people do tend to support someone they perceive as an underdog; she's been crying a lot and whereas you and I see that as her being pathetic and not being able to take what she dishes out; others see it as a real display of emotion and her being attacked unfairly in the house... Still, having said that, I find it hard to believe so many people like her as a person after all of the **** she's slung in the house... I can understand people supporting her because she's been entertaining; I support her for that reason too; but I think she's a self centered, condescending woman who is completely unapologetic for who she is (gets her ahead in business; makes her awful as a person)...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:49 PM #52
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
Perhaps they do (like me) but they support her because they find her of some value as a housemate? I don't see why people she have to keep on explaining why they support housemates tbh
think she's entertaining but I think there is nothing about her that is likeable. Her self confidence borders on delusion, her attitude toward others is none existent unless she is in the ascendency, she is possibly one of the most obnoxious people I;ve ever seen in any kind of reality Tv show but she is entertaining but definitely not a worthy winner

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 14-01-2014 at 10:50 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:49 PM #53
User banned

User banned

It's only the older forum members who are hating on Luisa
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:53 PM #54
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
think she's entertaining but I think there is nothing about her that is likeable. Her self confidence borders on delusion, her attitude toward others is none existent unless she is in the ascendency, she is possibly one of the most obnoxious people I;ve ever seen in any kind of reality Tv show but she is entertaining.
Yeah, I guess everybody is different but I don't watch CBB to find people to like, I watch to be entertained for 3 or so weeks. The Shannon Twins, Jasmine Lennard, Julie Goodyear, Speidi.. all unlikeable for example, yet all provided entertainment of some kind for me. Whilst I understand some dislike Luisa, I support her because of what she has brought to the series, which is more than can be said for some of the other housemates, A house full of loveable people would be all well and good for some, but watching people sip tea all day and talk about the weather wouldn't exactly be ground-breaking television by todays standards.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:54 PM #55
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
I'm 22, I hope you're not calling me old Salman
Old 14-01-2014, 10:56 PM #56
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

Luisa is hilarious, I love her
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:58 PM #57
Z

Z

Quote:
Yeah, I guess everybody is different but I don't watch CBB to find people to like, I watch to be entertained for 3 or so weeks. The Shannon Twins, Jasmine Lennard, Julie Goodyear, Speidi.. all unlikeable for example, yet all provided entertainment of some kind for me. Whilst I understand some dislike Luisa, I support her because of what she has brought to the series, which is more than can be said for some of the other housemates, A house full of loveable people would be all well and good for some, but watching people sip tea all day and talk about the weather wouldn't exactly be ground-breaking television by todays standards.
Exactly. It's all good and well supporting Sam/Ollie for "being nice" but I just can't get behind the idea of wanting someone like one of them to win because they've been "nice" all series. People like that get called "nice" because there's nothing else to say about them. If there was anything more to say about them, it would be said, like "Jake's a nice guy, he always takes the time to get to know people and be an active listener and he has a great sense of humour." Sam and Ollie are just... there. We've even seen what it's like to have a house full of "nice" people - Big Brother 4, and that was a disaster for the show and it's exactly why Big Brother has since thrived on bitchiness, negativity and ridiculous housemates because they never want another series like BB4 to happen ever again, it's like pulling teeth trying to edit that into something exciting.

Luisa is somebody I would hate to know in real life and there are so many things about her personality and outlook that I despise but I would much rather see her walk away as the winner than somebody who just kept their head down for 4 weeks and did absolutely nothing to earn it.
Old 14-01-2014, 10:59 PM #58
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I dont think a Hm needs to be as obnoxious as Luisa to be entertaining. Julie Goodyear was a huge star in her day, The Shannon Twins are internationally renowned models, Speidi have their onw TV show and are Reality TV veterans they all had excuses for their behavior Luisa has none other than her awful personality.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:06 PM #59
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Exactly. It's all good and well supporting Sam/Ollie for "being nice" but I just can't get behind the idea of wanting someone like one of them to win because they've been "nice" all series. People like that get called "nice" because there's nothing else to say about them. If there was anything more to say about them, it would be said, like "Jake's a nice guy, he always takes the time to get to know people and be an active listener and he has a great sense of humour." Sam and Ollie are just... there. We've even seen what it's like to have a house full of "nice" people - Big Brother 4, and that was a disaster for the show and it's exactly why Big Brother has since thrived on bitchiness, negativity and ridiculous housemates because they never want another series like BB4 to happen ever again, it's like pulling teeth trying to edit that into something exciting.

Luisa is somebody I would hate to know in real life and there are so many things about her personality and outlook that I despise but I would much rather see her walk away as the winner than somebody who just kept their head down for 4 weeks and did absolutely nothing to earn it.
Agree with all of this (especially the bit about me)

The problem is, if a boring person does make it to the end and wins, what is proven? That being the nice-yet boring person who sits back and hides under the cover makes you a deserving winner over people who have actually contributed to give viewers varying talking points? I'm all for an underdog, but I would definetly say that people such as Luisa/Jim/Jasmine/Dappy deserve places in the final over the likes of Sam, because whilst being lovely, she hasn't offered nearly as much. That isn't exactly her fault mind, I mean she's stuck in a house with a huge amount of nasty attention seekers.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:15 PM #60
Z

Z

I was speculating the other night that Sam and Ollie haven't opened up in the house because their job (being reality TV stars) requires them to be filmed all the time and they know how to portray themselves in the best light possible on camera; which explains why they've not given anything away because they realise that everyone else in the house is horrible and they're only going to ruin their reputations if they join in with any argument in the house because everyone else is on a downwards spiral in terms of public perception.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:15 PM #61
-

-

Ooo Greg that's actually a pretty good thought, never looked at it in that light...
Old 14-01-2014, 11:48 PM #62
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They've grown up on the Wife Beater perhaps?

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:49 PM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm 22, I hope you're not calling me old Salman
Yeah but surely you don't want her to be evicted over Liz like some people are?

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:51 PM #64
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:

This is spot on, it often gets misconstrued that we're supporting the "dislikeables" because we love them as people and would love to hang with them irl. Most of the time, it's the opposite - I'd hate to be stuck in a room with Jasmine Lennard but love watching her stuck in a house winding a bunch of other celebs up. It's good television and is bringing talking points.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:58 PM #65
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=The Mockinator;6618338]They've grown up on the Wife Beater perhaps?[/QUOTE

Or maybe our years have given us plenty of lifes experiences to choose from. We don't need to kiss ass and mirror everyones views just because we want to be cool. We have seen it all before.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:59 PM #66
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Quote:
Define "older "

Do you mean older than Luisa? Older than you?
Old 15-01-2014, 12:03 AM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=sampvt;6618370]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
They've grown up on the Wife Beater perhaps?[/QUOTE

Or maybe our years have given us plenty of lifes experiences to choose from. We don't need to kiss ass and mirror everyones views just because we want to be cool. We have seen it all before.
Well I don't who you're referring to there because Luisa has more haters than fans.

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:05 AM #68
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=The Mockinator;6618386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post

Well I don't who you're referring to there because Luisa has more haters than fans.
I meant we older citizens have the power to think for ourselves instead of echoing ther views of the other cool kids just for Kudos
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 12:10 AM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Or perhaps the younger viewers like entertainers and not people that are afraid of saying anything like Sam and Ollie.

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:12 AM #70

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Thug Jim probably wants to beat her
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 12:14 AM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Thug Jim probably wants to beat her
She better not anger Sam as well.

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:14 AM #72

Really disliked Luisa 'til tonight.

I still don't believe all that superwoman BS, and her alpha female act bugs the hell out of me. But behind all the pointless bravado, it seems that there's a very witty and pleasant young woman. What a change a night makes.
Mac1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 12:14 AM #73
Z

Z

Quote:
Ooo Greg that's actually a pretty good thought, never looked at it in that light...
I mean I don't think Sam and Ollie are bitchy people who are pretending not to be, but they must at least be aware that the others are making fools of themselves by fighting all the time and can probably deduce that at worst people don't have opinions of them and at best people like them by default; I mean they're both from scripted reality shows so they've got plenty of experience and knowledge about what looks good, what looks bad...
Old 15-01-2014, 12:14 AM #74

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Edele
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Edele
BB15: Helen

Quote:
I've thought this over the last few days

~ the stars are ours tonight ~
HD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 12:25 AM #75

Quote:
I think she has a lot of support because, to be fair to her, she has been attacked by others (whether rightly or wrongly) on multiple occasions and people do tend to support someone they perceive as an underdog; she's been crying a lot and whereas you and I see that as her being pathetic and not being able to take what she dishes out; others see it as a real display of emotion and her being attacked unfairly in the house... Still, having said that, I find it hard to believe so many people like her as a person after all of the **** she's slung in the house... I can understand people supporting her because she's been entertaining; I support her for that reason too; but I think she's a self centered, condescending woman who is completely unapologetic for who she is (gets her ahead in business; makes her awful as a person)...
Actually she is being the over enthusiastic child at the party who is very venerable to criticism. We are not seeing the organised business personality manipulating resources to achieve a goal.
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dear, luisa