Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 19-01-2014, 09:07 AM #26
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Don't worry I don't take offence to your posts, I am more balanced than you think. My main issue with what you post against Jim is that you keep harping on about something that happened over a quarter of a century ago. Its the only thing you can find and are ragging it like a little terrier. Jim has changed and the general public agree with me. Sadly Jim haters cant find anything current to hound him with so they throw accusations at him that have no relevance to what he is. In fact this finger pointing is getting boring. When you point a finger, have a look, one is going forward and 3 pointing back at yourself.
...that isn't actually true in the sense that all of us have opinions about celebrities that we know something about and with Jim, he is a very controversial person, not just because of hitting his wife but more recently because of his homophobic remarks on Hell's Kitchen..and the only way an opinion can be changed is if you see a sign that the person has changed, which not everyone has...and as much as I respect the fact that some people have changed their opinion, then the same respect should be shown to the people who haven't because they haven't seen the change that other seem to have...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 09:21 AM #27

Quote:
Ben I wish I had your ability to twist a negative into a positive. Very creative and interesting.
He's not twisting anything, just putting things into proper perspective.
Old 19-01-2014, 09:27 AM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

A Jim and Luisa final 2 would be great, sadly it will be an Ollie/Sam undeserved top 2.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 09:40 AM #29
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

Christ! I honestly can't believe anybody would want Luisa to win! She has spent her time in the house portraying herself as an arrogant, loud, trashy, nasty pice of work.. I would actually rather watch paint dry! She's not entertaining at all.
I hope Liz wins.
Old 19-01-2014, 09:40 AM #30
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

In fact, I'd honestly rather see lee win
Old 19-01-2014, 09:45 AM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...that isn't actually true in the sense that all of us have opinions about celebrities that we know something about and with Jim, he is a very controversial person, not just because of hitting his wife but more recently because of his homophobic remarks on Hell's Kitchen..and the only way an opinion can be changed is if you see a sign that the person has changed, which not everyone has...and as much as I respect the fact that some people have changed their opinion, then the same respect should be shown to the people who haven't because they haven't seen the change that other seem to have...
As ever you make a really good and interesting post Ammi although I don't in any way agree that Jim hasn't changed.

I dreaded the thought of Jim going the BB house because I myself saw him as a likely unsavoury individual from his past.

However I am always willing to put the past on hold and judge solely on their time in the BB house and how they would affect me.
The Jim in the house is a massive difference to the Jim on the 'kitchen' reality show,massive difference.
I also do admire his control of his temper, I don't doubt he would likely love to explode but has been able to keep control in the main.
he could 'never' have done that years ago.

If change in a person is not looked for,then the old perceptions will always remain but to me, the BB Jim Davidson is almost a world away from the past Jim Davidson despite his grumpiness and moodiness,to eb fair most people are grumpy and moody at times,some much more than others.
That is my take on Jim.

Back to Luisa however who this thread is about, I would be embarrassed for her if she was someone I knew from her antics in the house, I am not keen on her, she is not in any way my least favourite housemate but she will not likely be one of my favourites either.
I don't think she can win,she is regularly in evictions one of the last number of people to go,however I do find her entertaining a lot of the time and the house would have been duller without her there.

For me, Luisa,Linda and Jim particularly have really pushed BB back into peoples minds, I am amazed at the people who are talking about BB now and also watching at least bits of it.
On here someone said something like this in a post,then I came across this in the supermarket yesterday at the checkout,a middle aged couple were piling the things on the roller, they were bickering a bit and the Husband said, Hey, okay Linda Nolan I am not Jim Davidson you know.

I actually laughed at that as did others, the show has really had an impact again and it is down to those individuals,Luisa winding Jim up and the ongoing hostility between him and Linda.
However without Jim in the house, would that have happened and that is another reason I am now glad he went in and why I am able to enjoy all that goes on with him and others in the main.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-01-2014 at 09:47 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 09:49 AM #32
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Excellent posts Joey and Ammi.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 09:53 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
As ever you make a really good and interesting post Ammi although I don't in any way agree that Jim hasn't changed.

I dreaded the thought of Jim going the BB house because I myself saw him as a likely unsavoury individual from his past.

However I am always willing to put the past on hold and judge solely on their time in the BB house and how they would affect me.
The Jim in the house is a massive difference to the Jim on the 'kitchen' reality show,massive difference.
I also do admire his control of his temper, I don't doubt he would likely love to explode but has been able to keep control in the main.
he could 'never' have done that years ago.

If change in a person is not looked for,then the old perceptions will always remain but to me, the BB Jim Davidson is almost a world away from the past Jim Davidson despite his grumpiness and moodiness,to eb fair most people are grumpy and moody at times,some much more than others.
That is my take on Jim.

Back to Luisa however who this thread is about, I would be embarrassed for her if she was someone I knew from her antics in the house, I am not keen on her, she is not in any way my least favourite housemate but she will not likely be one of my favourites either.
I don't think she can win,she is regularly in evictions one of the last number of people to go,however I do find her entertaining a lot of the time and the house would have been duller without her there.

For me, Luisa,Linda and Jim particularly have really pushed BB back into peoples minds, I am amazed at the people who are talking about BB now and also watching at least bits of it.
On here someone said something like this in a post,then I came across this in the supermarket yesterday at the checkout,a middle aged couple were piling the things on the roller, they were bickering a bit and the Husband said, Hey, okay Linda Nolan I am not Jim Davidson you know.

I actually laughed at that as did others, the show has really had an impact again and it is down to those individuals,Luisa winding Jim up and the ongoing hostility between him and Linda.
However without Jim in the house, would that have happened and that is another reason I am now glad he went in and why I am able to enjoy all that goes on with him and others in the main.
Excellent post
Old 19-01-2014, 04:00 PM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
X Factor 2015: 4th Impact

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
X Factor 2015: 4th Impact

Quote:
Don't worry I don't take offence to your posts, I am more balanced than you think. My main issue with what you post against Jim is that you keep harping on about something that happened over a quarter of a century ago. Its the only thing you can find and are ragging it like a little terrier. Jim has changed and the general public agree with me. Sadly Jim haters cant find anything current to hound him with so they throw accusations at him that have no relevance to what he is. In fact this finger pointing is getting boring. When you point a finger, have a look, one is going forward and 3 pointing back at yourself.
I'm not pointing things out from 25 years ago mainly because I never knew who he was before this series (I'm American). I've just been pointing out things in the house. Whether he's a fun killer, a cry baby who constantly walks out of the bedroom, or is just a douche bag, Jim is an unfit winner.
duclos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 04:15 PM #35
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=243285

Come on in.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 05:13 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I wouldn't mind if she won because weather people like or not she's been entertaining.

Entertaining housemates should win.
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 05:16 PM #37
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
I wouldn't mind if she won because weather people like or not she's been entertaining.

Entertaining housemates should win.
People's perception of entertainment varies greatly though.
Old 19-01-2014, 05:30 PM #38
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Ben I wish I had your ability to twist a negative into a positive. Very creative and interesting.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 05:34 PM #39
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

She's entertaing but not a worthy winner.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
louisa, win