Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 30-03-2014, 06:43 PM #1

Default We Made It Remix - Jay Electronica & Jay Z (Shot Fired at Drake)

Sorry Mrs. Drizzy..

Quote:
Jay Z Teaches Drake A Lesson On Jay Electronica's 'We Made It': What We Learned

Jay Electronica doesn't drop music very often, but when he does, the New Orleans MC packs more than hot rhymes into his tracks: He also teaches a lesson or two. Take his recent pairing alongside Roc Nation boss Jay Z on their "We Made It" freestyle. Here's what we learned:

1. Hov Didn't Appreciate Drake's Rolling Stone Interview
Remember when Drake criticized Jay Z for his art-inspired raps in Rolling Stone? Yeah, Hov didn't forget either, and he throws a line to the OVO spitter. "Sorry Mr. Drizzy for so much art talk/ Silly me rappin' 'bout sh-- that I bought," Jigga raps.

2. He Also Reminds Drizzy That He's On Another Level
When Jay Z sold Roc-A-Fella to Def Jam, the business-savvy MC was able to retain ownership of all of his master recordings. It's a boast that most artists can't make, including Drake. On Drizzy's version of "We Made It," he rapped about visiting Universal Records just to make sure they weren't missing any payments; Jay, however, doesn't have those problems. "I own my masters, you know I ain't missing no royalty statements," he raps, using Drake's original rhyme style.

3. Jay Elec Is The Rap Game's Farrakhan
With his raps, Jay Elec has often referenced Five-Percent Nation and Nation of Islam teachings, so when he declares himself the "Farrakhan of rap," the boast doesn't sound too far-fetched. The New Orleans rapper not only compares himself to the Nation of Islam leader, he also says he's the son of NOI founder Wallace Fard Muhammad.

10. Jay Electronica Rhyme Was Influenced By A Recent Vacation
We're not sure when Elec wrote his verse, but it was clearly influenced by a recent trip to Egypt. In February, Jay posed for a music video in front of the Great Sphinx of Giza, and on "We Made It" he reflects on his journey spitting, "Face all on the Sphinx, story all in the wall of the pyramids/ N---as know the Black Gods saved me, you can blow the nose off that won't change it
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/172...-made-it.jhtml

You can blow the nose off, that won't change it...

A little late, but it warrants a thread. Jay Electronica slowly building up for his release . Both showing Drake how he should of killed this Soulja Boy Hit

"Silly me rapping 'bout **** I really bought.."

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
drake, electronica, fired, jay, made, remix, shot