Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-05-2014, 04:10 PM #26
Z

Z

Landmark case
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 04:15 PM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..it is a landmark case but do you really think it'll be able to be enforced though with all the potential sites who may have quoted some of it..?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:35 AM #28

Strange decision to make Google remove links to publicly accessible web pages but not remove the original documents. If I've understood it right?

Could someone who has been convicted of a crime in the past claim 'right to be forgotten' and get a site to remove that person's name?

This story is quite interesting to me because, from time-to-time I get requests, sent in to this website, asking for a name to be removed from a thread.

I wonder if at some point in the future a Big Brother ex-housemate would ask for, and be allowed to have, all discussions about their time in the show to be removed?
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:37 AM #29

Requests from ex members?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:40 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
Requests from ex members?
Usually just general members of the public whose name has cropped up in the news stories posted on the forum. Sometimes the press have got their facts wrong about them.
Old 15-05-2014, 01:05 AM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Do you have any examples... without giving too much away?
Old 15-05-2014, 01:49 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Do you have any examples... without giving too much away?
Someone who wanted name removed where he or she was meant to have supported a teacher accused of assaulting badly-behaved pupils.

Another who said that, when a series of Big Brother was being shown a number of years ago, the press had falsely made out that she made an accusation against a BB housemate.

To name but two examples.
Old 15-05-2014, 02:01 AM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Someone who wanted name removed where he or she was meant to have supported a teacher accused of assaulting badly-behaved pupils.

Another who said that, when a series of Big Brother was being shown a number of years ago, the press had falsely made out that she made an accusation against a BB housemate.

To name but two examples.
Thanks, they're both serious accusations which would impact on their lives quite significantly if those did get out regularly...
Old 15-05-2014, 05:21 AM #34
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Strange decision to make Google remove links to publicly accessible web pages but not remove the original documents. If I've understood it right?

Could someone who has been convicted of a crime in the past claim 'right to be forgotten' and get a site to remove that person's name?

This story is quite interesting to me because, from time-to-time I get requests, sent in to this website, asking for a name to be removed from a thread.

I wonder if at some point in the future a Big Brother ex-housemate would ask for, and be allowed to have, all discussions about their time in the show to be removed?

..I find it all fascinating as well, I'm not sure that the official documents of this case can be removed so even if Google managed to locate and remove every website that had in some way quoted them, then they can carry on being referred to in other website in the future..I just don't know how this can be 'policed'..?...

..but also, (I think..) for this case, it seems to be about maybe people who are searching him or have been searching him to find out any 'business' type information, to find out if he's someone they should do business with possibly..?..and his finances in 1998 coming up could prejudiced them, perhaps..?..I don't know but what about things like the celebrities who have been linked/mentioned in connection with things they haven't done..you know Yewtree investigations an such the like on forums like this and DS etc...if this is a landmark case for future similar ones to win then would these forums either have to delete/remove all 'damaging' posts/threads or be taken off Google..?..and then there are things like Gerry and Kate McCann and investigations like that and if Madeleine's case was to be solved and them cleared..then all of those discussions/speculations..they would have to be removed..?..or the forum taken off Google so that if people searched..'Big Brother forums' it wouldn't come up..?..those are just some I can think of atm but there must be many many things over the years and this Spanish case dates back to something in 1998...or am I just not understanding this properly...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 10:30 AM #35

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

good for him. its actually a big deal. most companies and jobs everywhere now will google you . and some info shouldn't be allowed to just be out there. facebook is another one that gets checked. its common practice now.

Last edited by smeagol; 15-05-2014 at 10:32 AM.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
case, google, man, spanish, wins