Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-05-2014, 11:36 AM #1

Default Chilcot to publish not alot - Waste of 7 Million Pounds : Blair Guilty

[Blair should ask Chilcot to publish full Iraq
letters to Bush, says Major
Former Conservative prime minister
says public suspicions will continue
to fester if correspondence is
not published in full]

United in Illegal War of Iraq.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ers-bush-major

Last edited by arista; 31-05-2014 at 11:39 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 12:17 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

The main reason vast tracts of this dossier are blacked out is because they would show George W Bush up for the absolute moron that he is and the disgraceful way he spoke to our Prime Minister and other Govt Ministers.

The embarrassment factor would be off the scale...
Old 31-05-2014, 12:51 PM #3
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

As much as I abhor both Blair and Bush, and as much as it pains me to say this... unless it's in the public interest information that could been seen as a security risk should not be released. Even if the public would like the titillation of a blow-by-blow account. People are complaining about this before knowing whether having the "gist" is enough.

I have to say this though: How Blair can be a Middle East peace envoy is far beyond my comprehension. How he can hold his head up and look himself in the mirror is beyond me. He's a disgrace and should be in prison.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 01:41 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Thinking about this and it was also discussed on Question time on thursday.

I don't know,if things can be made known then they should be but my guess is there are maybe things, certainly that George Bush may have said, that likely the USA would not want revealed in full.

I agreed with the views that were saying on QT that they believed Tony Blair signed up to whatever George Bush wanted to do,at any cost.
Was it an illegal war,I would on reflection say not, maybe we as a Nation were misled to believe that Iraq had the weapons of mass destruction,however it was widely believed around the world too that Saddam Hussein did in fact have them.

I also have absolutely no doubt at all that whichever govt. had been in power here after 9/11,that they Labour or Conservative would have backed George Bush completely,having already not been able to 'finish' the job in 1990/1991.

I myself would,had I had a vote, voted against going to war however it happened and one thing I do believe,the world is likely a better place for the loss of Saddam Hussein.
Tony Blair is miles away from being one of my favourite politicians,I think he was full of awe and dazzled by the USA.
he had to deliver a vote to join them in this war and he got it. His foolishness was that he would have got it anyway,as the Conservatives would have backed it too, without creating this suspicion of a dodgy dossier and a misleading of the actual known facts.

War criminal, no way is he that, he,in my view, became a poodle of the USA and could have and should have handled this whole support for action far better.
No way however, do I think anyway, would the UK not have totally supported George Bush in his campaign on this one.

Now what is a joke after all this is the fact that Tony Blair is classed as 'middle east peace envoy' a rather sick joke at that too since his foreign policy as to supporting the USA with no restrictions and conditions has helped cause more anger and suspicion against the UK and other Nations
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 02:02 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
As much as I abhor both Blair and Bush, and as much as it pains me to say this... unless it's in the public interest information that could been seen as a security risk should not be released. Even if the public would like the titillation of a blow-by-blow account. People are complaining about this before knowing whether having the "gist" is enough.

I have to say this though: How Blair can be a Middle East peace envoy is far beyond my comprehension. How he can hold his head up and look himself in the mirror is beyond me. He's a disgrace and should be in prison.

Sure
But Blair can say it in person
without the word by word
Admit he was WRONG
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alot, blair, chilcot, guilty, million, pounds, publish, waste