Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 27-06-2014, 02:30 AM #51

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Nothing to do with my interpretation I'm afraid, he didn't just say 'I don't want to play' which would have been a perfectly reasonable comment, he said and I quote 'oh God...this is why I'm not playing' immediately after the awkward laughter and Mark's 'what the ****' comment that followed Winston's question to Jale about if she had given a titwank before. Watch it back because that's what he says and therefore he did pass a negative judgement on the game that they were playing, he didn't just say he didn't want to play, he threw in an unnecessary dig just like I said.

Helen's a psycho as I've already made clear, but Matthew's comment wasn't needed.
It's all the same to me...he didn't want to play....he wasn't comfortable with the turn it was taking. So what's the big deal? Where is the dig? He wasn't stopping anyone else from playing.
And if Mark said 'WTF' to Winstons' question, why didn't Helen swipe at him? Hmmm...
Tell me this. Are you averse to Matthew having an opinion, and should he water it down for Helen's benefit?

Last edited by jet; 27-06-2014 at 02:33 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 02:35 AM #52

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Winston asked Jale if she has ever given a titwank. People seem to forget that Jale answered yes. If Matthew didn't look down his nose at everyone, we could have heard more about Jale's titwank escapades. He ruined the mood completely. Matthew was jealous because it would be impossible for him to give anybody a titwank with his scrawny pigeon chest.
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 02:43 AM #53
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

The dig is in the 'oh God' and 'this is why' part of his explanation for not wanting to play, reacting negatively to a question directed at Jale that she answered happily, does this really need explaining anymore? It's quite obvious how it's a dig saying 'I don't want to play' would have been one thing, to turn your nose up at the direction the game was taking in the form of the 'oh God' comment and then to further that by saying 'this is why I'm not playing' is a dig, I don't think it gets more clear cut than that? It doesn't matter if he wasn't stopping anyone else from playing, he didn't need to react negatively to a question that wasn't his and at a time when no one was asking if he was playing either. He said it out of the blue for no real necessary reason at all

She didn't swipe at him initially because she likes Mark, that goes without saying, no? Although once Mark piped up and said he'd made a comment too she did then have a go at him as well. You seem to be making the mistake of thinking I'm justifying Helen's behaviour when I've made quite clear that I'm not and that she went ridiculously over the top and she has anger issues, but that doesn't mean that Matthew didn't make a comment that wasn't needed. Again I'll reiterate...I don't think the reaction he received was warranted, but he didn't need to make that comment in the first place.

And no I'm not averse to him having an opinion wtf is this in fact in entertainment terms I'm glad he spoke up and I'm glad she reacted so stupidly because it gave us half an hour of great TV in order for us to be able to have this discussion, but if I'm gonna sit back and objectively look at it and form an opinion on the issues raised then yes I do think in that instance he should either have just stayed quiet or left the room. No one asked if he was playing and the question wasn't directed at him, there was no need for him to say anything negative like that
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 04:36 AM #54

Cant argue with Jack on that.
Matthew was a bit of a slimeball there he sat there for no other reason than to try and take the opportunity to look down his nose at other people.
Not a nice trait, I think he feels a bit irrelevant in the house and was trying a bit too hard to join in with the twatty bitch crew and just ended up looking a bit stupid.

Last edited by billy123; 27-06-2014 at 04:36 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 06:13 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

If that's how she really felt she should have turned round and said jokingly, "well if you're not playing, there's other people to talk to.. I feel quite uncomfortable with you sitting there and not joining in while we're being quite honest and open" instead of "OH BOAARRRR AOWFFFFFFFFFFF! etc.."

Matthew should have either kept his thoughts to himself or left, but Helen's reaction was bizarre.

"I'm sexy, I'm funny, I'm everythin and everythin..."
- Bonneh Holt, 2006 -

"Maybe Nadia's on her period"
- Nikki Grahame, 2010 -

Last edited by drantb; 27-06-2014 at 06:14 AM.
drantb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 06:41 AM #56
Where's my lawyer?

Favourites:
BB17: Jason
Where's my lawyer?

Favourites:
BB17: Jason

Spoiling for a fight,
Happens every night,
Spewing her spite,
High as a kite,
Ash so far up her arse he sees Angel delight.
Called to the room & shows no contrite.
Show her the door, she's so full of shyte.

Last edited by Semtex; 27-06-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Semtex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 08:06 AM #57

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtex View Post
Spoiling for a fight,
Happens every night,
Spewing her spite,
High as a kite,
Ash so far up her arse he sees Angel delight.
Called to the room & shows no contrite.
Show her the door, she's so full of shyte.
Good post...... Maybe Waterhog has a serious rival at last.

Old 27-06-2014, 08:23 AM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Yes she was right.
Old 27-06-2014, 08:38 AM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
If she had an issue, she could have just said, rather than jumping up and shouting at the top of her voice. She lost any "point" she may have had by doing that, as far as I'm concerned.

And all Matthew said was "This is why I'm not playing" quietly. Not really something to get furious about. But yeah, he could have just kept quiet too.
I agree with this comment!
Moviefan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 10:23 AM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
The dig is in the 'oh God' and 'this is why' part of his explanation for not wanting to play, reacting negatively to a question directed at Jale that she answered happily, does this really need explaining anymore? It's quite obvious how it's a dig saying 'I don't want to play' would have been one thing, to turn your nose up at the direction the game was taking in the form of the 'oh God' comment and then to further that by saying 'this is why I'm not playing' is a dig, I don't think it gets more clear cut than that? It doesn't matter if he wasn't stopping anyone else from playing, he didn't need to react negatively to a question that wasn't his and at a time when no one was asking if he was playing either. He said it out of the blue for no real necessary reason at all

She didn't swipe at him initially because she likes Mark, that goes without saying, no? Although once Mark piped up and said he'd made a comment too she did then have a go at him as well. You seem to be making the mistake of thinking I'm justifying Helen's behaviour when I've made quite clear that I'm not and that she went ridiculously over the top and she has anger issues, but that doesn't mean that Matthew didn't make a comment that wasn't needed. Again I'll reiterate...I don't think the reaction he received was warranted, but he didn't need to make that comment in the first place.

And no I'm not averse to him having an opinion wtf is this in fact in entertainment terms I'm glad he spoke up and I'm glad she reacted so stupidly because it gave us half an hour of great TV in order for us to be able to have this discussion, but if I'm gonna sit back and objectively look at it and form an opinion on the issues raised then yes I do think in that instance he should either have just stayed quiet or left the room. No one asked if he was playing and the question wasn't directed at him, there was no need for him to say anything negative like that
You've explained your opinion well, but I don't see it as a deliberate dig. Matthew reacted to a turn the game was taking that he felt uncomfortable with, as did Mark. No dig at all. That's my opinion.
I know you don't agree with what Helen did. I never said you did.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 10:28 AM #61
Banned

Banned

It's very reaching to place any blame on Matthew, 'Oh God, this is why I'm not playing' is not an inflammatory comment. All the blame lands squarely on Helen's shoulders for being insane.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 10:41 AM #62
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Then he should have kept his sanctimonious snide comments to himself and let the others enjoy the game, not soured the atmosphere.
Jale and others not usually associated with that group were having a laugh and he did that deliberately to maintain the division and appease toya.
She was right to call him out but he must have been clapping his bony hands in glee at the extent he riled her.
Old 27-06-2014, 10:58 AM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Then he should have kept his sanctimonious snide comments to himself and let the others enjoy the game, not soured the atmosphere.
Jale and others not usually associated with that group were having a laugh and he did that deliberately to maintain the division and appease toya.
She was right to call him out but he must have been clapping his bony hands in glee at the extent he riled her.
Absolutely Kizzy!
She was right about him.
Old 27-06-2014, 11:29 AM #64

We could take the view that Mathew was actually trying to hint that such questions and answers might not be good things to air to the GBP. Helen with her inadequacy problems with her amazingly brave and courageous past, saw it as an insult and declaration of Victorian ideals and superiority, and so on a drunk hair trigger lashed out to defend what little pride she feels she has.

Even with that proposal of understanding, Helen did not handle the it well and could have said, "if you are not playing then please go somewhere else as its not fair that your are not sharing your past the same way we are'. Which would probably come out as 'Just F off you earwigging chicken chested B**T**ed'.
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 11:33 AM #65
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Chicken chested?

He can foff and look down his nose at them from somewhere else.
Old 27-06-2014, 11:56 AM #66

Truth and dare is just a means of people pretending they are zany whoop-de-doo brilliant/imaginative at sex and fully right-on cool guys. It is also used as a means of getting physical with someone you fancy. Truth doesn't enter into it. Everyone lies to sound 'cool', whatever that may be.

Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 12:06 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
Truth and dare is just a means of people pretending they are zany whoop-de-doo brilliant/imaginative at sex and fully right-on cool guys. It is also used as a means of getting physical with someone you fancy. Truth doesn't enter into it. Everyone lies to sound 'cool', whatever that may be.

I disagree

It is either a group bonding or group spliting game. Also a are you 'better' or 'worse' them me in some hyopethetical social positioning. 'Alpha male', 'Queen Bee' et al.
Old 27-06-2014, 01:23 PM #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post

cheating at truth or dare?
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 01:33 PM #69

'Chicken chested ' is ironic as there is lots of meat in a chicken's breast

Last edited by MarcusMel; 27-06-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 27-06-2014, 01:35 PM #70
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

i don't think i can blame someone for thinking they're above Helen, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 01:43 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
i don't think i can blame someone for thinking they're above Helen, sorry
Someone will have to explain to me how one person is 'above' another outside of the physical 3 dimensional concept.

They are above them because they have had a different education, more money, different accent, smother hairs on their legs?

Perhaps this 'above' concept needs to be re-examed rather than assumed to exist because people have it as part of their belief system.

Last edited by MarcusMel; 27-06-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 27-06-2014, 01:45 PM #72
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Why should he sit in silence & not make a comment?? It wasn't even a bad comment FFS, just an off the cuff remark! It was Helen who went apesh*t for no bloody reason!

Helen soured the atmosphere, not Matthew...
Old 27-06-2014, 01:48 PM #73
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's very reaching to place any blame on Matthew, 'Oh God, this is why I'm not playing' is not an inflammatory comment. All the blame lands squarely on Helen's shoulders for being insane.
Exactly, it's how she reacts to things is what's wrong with her, ok maybe he didn't need to say it fair enough but an acceptable response to his comment could be something like an eye roll maybe? Not World War 3 shout, insult, rant, rave like ****ing crazy person

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, matthew