Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 PM #76
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I know why I've had the reaction I've had and have explained it in detail in several threads, including this one. She's as awful a character, and as much of a bully as Conor two years ago (probably worse) but that's only a start. There's no plucky band of "soldiers" to battle against her, she's simply hammering the entire show into the ground. Already poor viewing figures are plummeting; she's a huge part of the reason.

All of this is bad enough, BUT THEN -

She's not even a "genuine" Big Brother housemate, someone who wanted to go in and so went for it. Even Conor was that. No... she sold her body as a prostitute and then pimped herself out to anyone who would listen for interviews in a deliberate attempt to gain notoriety ("didn't want it" my arse! PLEASE!!), hired herself a z-list agent, and then was head-hunted by Big Brother production.

It's a joke. It makes the entire show a joke. She's the embodiment of the reason that a show that used to be watched by millions and was really a television phenomenon, is now seen as dirty, tacky trash telly that goes hand in hand with dirty, tacky trash press.

She is the end of the show, with a butchered face and a big gob.

Maybe it is unfair to "shoot the messenger", so to speak. When it comes down to it, it's the fault of the people who make the show (and their lords and masters in charge of the channel and advertising revenue) that it's become this. They shouldn't have contacted her... they shouldn't have brought her in. They should have let genuine housemates audition and found genuine characters from that. But they didn't. They hired a hooker. And that makes me angry.

It would make me angry if she was a nice person... and then at least I'd be able to direct it fully at those people pulling the strings. But whatever way you try to paint her, no matter how any people seem determined to make out that she's a good (or even "legendary") housemate, there's no getting away from it. She is an AWFUL person.
You were doing so well.... I disagree, I think having housemates from all socioeconomic groups and backgrounds enriches the series. She may not be your cup of tea but I feel she brings a lot to the house.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM #77

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

If I was in Helen's shoes I would be pissed off.

Spoiler:

"this not what I paid for!"
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM #78

Oh no, the essays have been cracked open.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:34 AM #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I know why I've had the reaction I've had and have explained it in detail in several threads, including this one. She's as awful a character, and as much of a bully as Conor two years ago (probably worse) but that's only a start. There's no plucky band of "soldiers" to battle against her, she's simply hammering the entire show into the ground. Already poor viewing figures are plummeting; she's a huge part of the reason.

All of this is bad enough, BUT THEN -

She's not even a "genuine" Big Brother housemate, someone who wanted to go in and so went for it. Even Conor was that. No... she sold her body as a prostitute and then pimped herself out to anyone who would listen for interviews in a deliberate attempt to gain notoriety ("didn't want it" my arse! PLEASE!!), hired herself a z-list agent, and then was head-hunted by Big Brother production.

It's a joke. It makes the entire show a joke. She's the embodiment of the reason that a show that used to be watched by millions and was really a television phenomenon, is now seen as dirty, tacky trash telly that goes hand in hand with dirty, tacky trash press.

She is the end of the show, with a butchered face and a big gob.

Maybe it is unfair to "shoot the messenger", so to speak. When it comes down to it, it's the fault of the people who make the show (and their lords and masters in charge of the channel and advertising revenue) that it's become this. They shouldn't have contacted her... they shouldn't have brought her in. They should have let genuine housemates audition and found genuine characters from that. But they didn't. They hired a hooker. And that makes me angry.

It would make me angry if she was a nice person... and then at least I'd be able to direct it fully at those people pulling the strings. But whatever way you try to paint her, no matter how any people seem determined to make out that she's a good (or even "legendary") housemate, there's no getting away from it. She is an AWFUL person.

100% agree with you...
rocket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
christopher, confronts, helen, nasty, turns