Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 10-08-2014, 11:21 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Heaven

Favourites (more):
Default chris, christopher, and ashleigh: Cant stand them!

someone really has to help me with this, i started off LOVING chris and christopher from the start and throughout most of the series

ashleigh, i was always so so on, especially during her month long hiding in corners with danielle moaning and snickering stage but i never actually "disliked" her

and helen, my god, i despised her, i could not stand her! i honestly thought there was no way i could dislike a housemate ever again as much as i did her BUT

something happened, dont ask me what, there just came a point where i realized chris, christopher and ashligh started to really get to me and i found myself while not "liking" helen per say, but i started to understand her more and slowly but surely, the tables completely flipped and i found myself pro helen!

its madness i know..

i know there are alot of hardcore helen fans out there that have loved her from the start, but is there anyone else that started off absolutely despising the woman to now wanting her to win? i mean, i cant be the only one.. can i?

Last edited by toronto_matt; 10-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.
toronto_matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 PM #2
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto_matt View Post
someone really has to help me with this, i started off LOVING chris and christopher from the start and throughout most of the series

ashleigh, i was always so so on, especially during her month long hiding in corners with danielle moaning and snickering stage but i never actually "disliked" her

and helen, my god, i despised her, i could not stand her! i honestly thought there was no way i could dislike a housemate ever again as much as i did her BUT

something happened, dont ask me what, there just came a point where i realized chris, christopher and ashligh started to really get to me and i found myself while not "liking" helen per say, but understanding her more and her point of view. and slowly but surely, the tables completely flipped and i found myself pro helen!

its madness i know..

i know there are alot of hardcore helen fans out there that have loved her from the start, but is there anyone else that started off absolutely despising the woman to now wanting her to win? i mean, i cant be the only one.. can i?
I think a lot if people are warming to Helen , maybe we shouldn't have judged her so quickly , I'm glad we have had time to see more of her and to understand her .

I still find it difficult to like her but let's just say I dislike her less now.
kistar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 PM #3

Christopher is really likable tbf. I still don't get how Chris or Ashleigh are considered "Nice" though
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 PM #4
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Christopher is really likable tbf. I still don't get how Chris or Ashleigh are considered "Nice" though
It's all about perception I guess
kistar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:46 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
ya to be fair i still do like christopher, i know i lumped him in their with chris and ashleigh but hes actually not that bad

but ashleigh and chris, the definition of nice does not come to mind

i couldnt believe it in last nights highlight show when i actually heard her insult helens looks, called her ugly rofl, i mean really? your insulting someone based on how they look??

thats like the go to insult when you've run outta material "your ugly!" bravo LOL

nasty girl!

Last edited by toronto_matt; 10-08-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:50 PM #6

Quote:

something happened, dont ask me what, there just came a point where i realized chris, christopher and ashligh started to really get to me and i found myself while not "liking" helen per say, but i started to understand her more and slowly but surely, the tables completely flipped and i found myself pro helen!

its madness i know..

Excellent post matt. ...apart from the Christopher bit [I stil want him to win!] I agree whole heartedly!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 PM #7

I have had the same feelings as the OP. I started going off Chris when Danielle left and he became Ashleigh's new Danielle. I liked Christopher until Mark choose to befriend Christopher after Matthew left. Both Chris and Christopher choose to play second fiddle to Ashleigh and Mark respectively.
Redvines is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:55 PM #8
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Ashleigh = trainee bitch
Chris = got issues
Christopher = ok
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 PM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

I think there are quite a few with similar views as the OP including myself. Not sure if I would go as far as wanting Helen to win, but I would like the Helen trio in the top 3 now. Its a funny old world
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:03 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i just think we deserve a winner that completely puts themselves out there, for good or for bad and does not hide aspects of their personality for the cameras.

i may not like helen 100% of the time, but i can honestly say after 2 months of watching this show i can say I KNOW WHO SHE IS. weather i like what i see or not

chris? i literally have no idea who he is.. asheligh, same thing, very closed off, very reserved, ya shes young, shes only 18, but being young and "surviving" the big brother experience doesnt make you a winner

then again... helen having the pass to the final probably made her more open and honest, so i can see the flip side. all im saying is, i want a winner thats actually done something for 2 months, not someone thats "nice" or someone that you feel sorry for

thats not what i watch this program. i want entertainment, i want to be entertained! and helen, well shes entertained!

but realistically i know she cant and wont win, thats fine, but as bitontheslide said, a top3, will be well deserved and will make me happy

Last edited by toronto_matt; 11-08-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:08 AM #11
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
i just think we deserve a winner that completely puts themselves out there, for good or for bad and does not hide aspects of their personality for the cameras.

i may not like helen 100% of the time, but i can honestly say after 2 months of watching this show i can say I KNOW WHO SHE IS. weather i like what i see or not

chris? i literally have no idea who he is.. asheligh, same thing, very closed off, very reserved, ya shes young, shes only 18, but being young and "surviving" the big brother experience doesnt make you a winner
Really well said,I agree with all you are saying in the main,I had Ashleigh in my top 3 at the start and Helen down in 15th place,.
Over the weeks the more I have learned as to both,I have now got Helen right up there on my list and it is Ashleigh way down.

It's been a really odd and uninspiring series but I don't usually have such a big turnaround as to housemates as I have had with Helen and Ashleigh.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:13 AM #12
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Its an odd one, usually viewers have something immediate that they can see and latch on to that they like or that they can identify with in a hm. This series has very much been more of an acquired taste, whether its seeing qualities that were not immediately obvious or situations/adversities that bring out aspects of someones character that they then appreciate

Last edited by bitontheslide; 11-08-2014 at 12:16 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 AM #13
-

-

I think the unfortunate truth is that they're all pretty awful people... As I think, unfortunately, only certain types of person go for a place in BB now.

The most ironic thing about the Helen / Ashleigh split is that they have EXACTLY the same personality type. Give Ashleigh a baby and have her turn to prostitution, fast forward 10 years, dye her hair and... That's Helen. Helen is an older, jaded, and yet more down to earth Ashleigh.

Neither of them are good people.

The only half "decent" person in there is actually Ash. He's literally the ONLY one I've seen much genuine emotion from over the entire series: be that having fun and laughing about things that everyone else is getting worked up about, or the way that he was visibly gutted when he realised Winston was really gone - with no ulterior motive. Just genuinely sad about it. He also is the only one who seems to be genuinely happy when they're all getting along, and disappointed when it falls apart... And was the only one of ash/helen/Winston who was even vaguely remorseful about the breakout thing.

Basically he seems like a normal, friendly guy who went there to have a laugh but got sucked into a very negative series. Even as recently as last week he seemed genuinely keen for everyone to get along, when the rest were just paying lip service, and were simply looking for an excuse to end the ceasefire... Because they're happier sniping at each other. All of them.

And yet, I don't think he'd be a "worthy" winner... Because he's simply not been strong enough a character.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:21 AM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

I disagree with the entire contents of this thread

PRINCESS ASHLEIGH
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:30 AM #15
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:

Great post - very good point. Seeing a full person in all their good and bad is what makes the best HMs.

And for me too, that has to be Helen. Yet it used to be the other way round.

I started off finding Helen's arguing and voice grated on me and Ashleigh never annoyed me at all. Now it's pretty much the opposite.

For all Helen's 'bad side' of being moody and potty mouthed - i see more and more that Ashleigh is just as bad. The main difference between Helen and Ashleigh is that Helen vocalises it louder, but then it blows over and she always reflects on herself and her behaviour.

Ashleigh gets moody (not as outwardly angry as Helen) but it never seems to blow over with her, she keeps brooding on it. Big difference being - unlike Helen - you never hear Ashleigh reflecting on herself after her outbursts !

Also - Helen is not afraid to laugh at herself. Ashleigh never does that !

Funny how it can change, but that's part of what makes BB such a fascinating show.

Last edited by Robodog; 11-08-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:36 AM #16
Gold Member

Gold Member

Sorry, I'm not drinking Helen's Koolaid...
Lwize is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:51 AM #17

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

its madness i know..

I did a total U turn on Helen and yes I have warmed to her in recent weeks. I don't like Chris and Ashleigh and I liked both of these housemates at the start. I do like Chrisopher and would like him Helen or Ash to win.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:16 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
care to elaborate? i mean its fine if you do, im just interested to know exactly what you disagreed with in particular..

you dont agree that some people can have good "and" bad traits? you dont think you can support someone even tho you may not agree with them 100% of the time?

the thing i dont get is most ashleigh fans seem to think ashleigh has no faults at all, while helen fans (as well as helen herself) at least reflect and recognize her faults and mistakes.

all i ever read is, helen bad, helen bully, helen must go! its like ya, we get it, you dont like helen, but what about YOUR housemate? tell me about them! why should THEY win? not win by default because you dont like helen..

tell me why ashleigh should win without mentioning the word "helen"

Last edited by toronto_matt; 11-08-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:25 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So do I I don't know what's so bad about being 'closed off', but maybe that's because that's how I am. I am extremely introverted, I love being alone and I only like having a small, close group of friends. So I find the Chris/Christopher/Ashleigh group very real, honest and relatable for me.

Whereas I feel Helen's manipulative with her 'good' side, lacks self-awareness and a filter, and is just plain nasty. I don't feel that it's good that she voices every single thought that pops into her head and is completely predictable because that means she has no ability or will to change her bad traits, doesn't care if she hurts other people and never reflects on anything she does. Just because we 100% know she is a nasty, aggressive and loud person doesn't mean we should like her for it.

It's a very difficult thing to show restraint and remain polite and cordial with people you don't like and keep a level-head when things aren't going your way and when people show these qualities I consider them a strong person and someone who I would say I liked. Helen shows none of these and Chris/Christopher/Ashleigh have (to different extents). The Ashleigh crew also demonstrate a lot of intelligence and thought, unlike the Helen crew.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:28 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
care to elaborate?
Ashleigh, Chris and Christopher are old school BB. I would rather have spent the last 2 months watching just those 3 in the house and none of the rest.

PRINCESS ASHLEIGH
Old 11-08-2014, 02:47 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ashleigh, Chris and Christopher are old school BB. I would rather have spent the last 2 months watching just those 3 in the house and none of the rest.
old school BB is bitching about other people for the first 4 weeks of the show in a corner in the house with danielle?

old school BB is calling someone ugly? and insulting them based on physical appearance?

and 0 self reflection?

that doesnt sound like old school BB but our definitions may differ

as for chris i thought old school BB was regular people living in a house, not working ACTORS

Last edited by toronto_matt; 11-08-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:55 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Chris is a normal person though. He's not a big budget film star. He's done a few bit parts in small indie films and short films. Winston is someone who is more noticeable as an actor since he's been on TV shows that people watch. He's more a struggling actor than a working actor, tbf. Although I agree that I'd rather totally regular people over the types in the show these days.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:57 AM #23

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
old school BB is bitching about other people for the first 4 weeks of the show in a corner in the house with danielle?

old school BB is calling someone ugly? and insulting them based on physical appearance?

and 0 self reflection?

that doesnt sound like old school BB but our definitions may differ

as for chris i thought old school BB was regular people living in a house, not working ACTORS
We see 6% of what happens in the house per day. I don't base my opinion on the BB edit. Ashleigh was thrown in a house with a bully and that bully had a gang. She has only just left school where she was the victim of bullying. If you were Ashleigh how would YOU cope? I will never support a bully and never hate a girl who stands up against bullies.

PRINCESS ASHLEIGH
Old 11-08-2014, 05:22 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We see 6% of what happens in the house per day. I don't base my opinion on the BB edit. Ashleigh was thrown in a house with a bully and that bully had a gang. She has only just left school where she was the victim of bullying. If you were Ashleigh how would YOU cope? I will never support a bully and never hate a girl who stands up against bullies.
i would attack that persons intellect not their physical features..

and say what you want about helen, she has never once mentioned or criticized the way ashleigh "looks", only the way she "acts"

calling someones face or someone as a whole ugly as an "insult" is pretty much as low as you can go, its shallow and its just downright rude. its pretty much scrapping the bottle of the barrel..

but hey, shes lovely right! ashleigh to win!

Last edited by toronto_matt; 11-08-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:33 AM #25

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Quote:
say what you want about helen, she has never once mentioned or criticized the way ashleigh "looks", only the way she "acts"
That's just not true!
Helen's insulted Ashleigh's looks on more than one occasion. She's struggled to find things because, whether you like her or not, you can't deny that Ashleigh is a beautiful young lady and there's not a lot that can be criticized about the way she looks but Helen's still tried.

And calling someone 'ugly' is used to describe their personality and the way they behave as often as it is their physical appearance and there's no denying that Helen is ugly on the inside and filled with hatred and bitterness!

Last edited by JTM45; 11-08-2014 at 05:35 AM.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashleigh, chris, christopher, stand