Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 16-08-2014, 12:55 AM #51

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
BB7: Pete

Favourites (more):

But could a production company who want to employ Helen to do a TV programme, could they spent a couple of grand voting thousands of times to push her vote up so she wins?
Rageofangels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:56 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Is She? View Post
It is not fixed, people have been calling things like this at all. There's no way a major operation like Big Brother would be able to get away with it.
They got away with not doing anything about the thousands of complaints towards Helen... I could've bought second place, but there's just no way I can believe Helen winning. Unless all the decency in the world has completely disappeared and this is what people are like, which is a more horrible thought than a fix.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:58 AM #53

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
X Factor 2015: 4th Impact

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
X Factor 2015: 4th Impact

Can people just shut up! FFS! 1.2% is not a fix of a win. Even though Im not a huge Helen fan, the public wanted her to win and the HM with the most votes wins. More people wanted Helen to win so its not a fix.
duclos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:00 AM #54
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy
BB15: Toya
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy
BB15: Toya

1.2 % made me sad now. I was fine with Helen winning but now I'm upset the difference was so little lol
Bluerang1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:00 AM #55
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Precisely......needs to be revised asap
Ring them up now, i'm sure they'd be glad to hear from you
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:01 AM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I've never called anything a fix in my life, but it just seems impossible. I think it's more the fact that it's hard to believe that many people would vote for such a disgusting person to win.

I don't think the numbers are necessarily fake; BB could've voted for her or something I don't know - but what are the chances the most hated person in there, the person with the pass, the person who had 1500 complaints, the person who had a billion final warnings, the person who they've focused the entire series on, the person who had a redemption story forced upon us, the person who would've been evicted in the first few weeks without the pass... WINS? And not just all that, but beats the person with the biggest fanbase and the most fanatic fans. I know people have fallen for the redemption story or just like Helen, but to WIN... I just can't believe that. The Australian one I watched in 2005 was considered a fix as well because apparently the family of the guy that won paid people to vote for him or something? Can't remember the exact details but it was something like that. Could've easily been something like that in this case.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna

Last edited by mrflibble; 16-08-2014 at 01:16 AM.
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:02 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'll have to agree with you, Mrflibble. But I don't know if it's because I agree with you, or I like Red Dwarf alot!
Rageofangels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:22 AM #58
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
I've never called anything a fix in my life, but it just seems impossible. I think it's more the fact that it's hard to believe that many people would vote for such a disgusting person to win.

I don't think the numbers are necessarily fake; BB could've voted for her or something I don't know - but what are the chances the most hated person in there, the person with the pass, the person who had 1500 complaints, the person who had a billion final warnings, the person who they've focused the entire series on, the person who had a redemption story forced upon us, the person who would've been evicted in the first few weeks without the pass... WINS? And not just all that, but beats the person with the biggest fanbase and the most fanatic fans. I know people have fallen for the redemption story or just like Helen, but to WIN... I just can't believe that. The Australian one I watched in 2005 was considered a fix as well because apparently the family of the guy that won paid people to vote for him or something? Can't remember the exact details but it was something like that. Could've easily been something like that in this case.
I agree so much with this. I hate these 'fix' claims but this time I really just think something doesn't quite add up.
Sophiee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 01:26 AM #59
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post

They cannot and would not fix the votes, it's fraud, illegal and could close the entire channel down. Why people fail to understand this year after year is beyond me. They can manipulate the audience however they want by editing things certain ways, I'm not denying that happens - but that isn't a 'fix', that's just manipulation. Whoever receives the most votes wins. They would not and do not lie about those results, it isn't worth it for them to do so.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:10 PM #60
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
1.2% of pure FIX

lol at this

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:37 PM #61
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
They cannot and would not fix the votes, it's fraud, illegal and could close the entire channel down. Why people fail to understand this year after year is beyond me. They can manipulate the audience however they want by editing things certain ways, I'm not denying that happens - but that isn't a 'fix', that's just manipulation. Whoever receives the most votes wins. They would not and do not lie about those results, it isn't worth it for them to do so.
Superbly put Jack_, everything you say in this post is totally right.

No fix, in the end no runaway odds on favourite, just a close result.
As simple as that.

Last edited by joeysteele; 16-08-2014 at 08:44 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:40 PM #62
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiee View Post
I agree so much with this. I hate these 'fix' claims but this time I really just think something doesn't quite add up.
Yes your right something doesnt quite add up. Ashliegh votes didnt add up enough to surpass helens
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 09:36 AM #63

In some ways the result was fixed or should i say manipulated by BB. The task by BB to get the public to feel sorry for Helen by keeping her under pressure from hearing private conversations by Ashlieg and Christopher.

This was bound to be damaging to Ashly and lets face it there are a lot of people so gullable to fall for BB's psychological manipulations of the public.

Another problem for any favourite winner (Ashliegh at the time) are the gamblers...Betting when seeing odds for Helen at 5 to 1 and closing must be a temptation and at such good odds the gambler could afford to throw in a few votes for Helen to help her win. Multiply this factor by thousands of gamblers and you can see why the votes would stack up for helen.

On the other hand the odds for Ashligh were low not much profit for the betting brigade.

On a personel level i did want both to be the last two standing. However Ashliegh deserved to be winner purely because she earned a winning title by surviving nominations and the public vote. Helen all though not her fault did not have to endure such.

So although i like both of them it was a very bad result for really a very bad series of manipulations and screwing up the format by BB itself.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 10:00 AM #64
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

In all fact, I as a latecomer as to being a supporter of Helen, really and honestly believed despite the better edits she had in the last 2 days,that the very best we could hope for was 3rd place.

From the hype as to Ashleigh and the betting odds, (which again have been shown to be almost irrelevant),I believed Ashleigh was likely so far ahead in the voting after the last eviction,that by midweek she probably could not and should not likely be caught.

The other thing that became clear was that there wasn't the resentment for Helen that was suggested.
We got all the time, 'her cronies were being evicted one by one',then it would be her turn.

What Helen supporters and more importantly the bulk of voting viewers did too, who were watching,was to maximise her vote and make sure they all voted too,in the main for her.
Something Ashleigh supporters failed to do completely.

From all that hype and a supposed odds on favourite too, Asheligh should have easily taken this if she really had that strong and that level of support,not get beaten at all never mind by 1.2% of the total votes cast.

So to say Helen didn't deserve her win is fair enough for those who cannot accept she won,however it is not right to say she didn't deserve to win in my opinion,in fact it was those who took the time to vote and spend the money to vote, that in the end didn't think Ashleigh deserved to win,hence the fact she didn't.

That is all that counts,when people vote,they decide the result and who wins and it is clear who they wanted to this time around,Helen.
No matter the confusion and frustration that may possibly leave for others.

Last edited by joeysteele; 18-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 18-08-2014, 11:34 AM #65

Location: Song Of The Lark LEE S10 YL Numbers Spy Station Music,Opus 39,No.22,Tchaikovsky.SW Radio.Lee Remick.

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB14: Gary

Location: Song Of The Lark LEE S10 YL Numbers Spy Station Music,Opus 39,No.22,Tchaikovsky.SW Radio.Lee Remick.

Favourites (more):
Default Helen Supporters Did More Multiple Voting Than Ashleigh Supporters.

Helen Supporters Did More Multiple Voting Than Ashleigh Supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysteele View Post
In all fact, I as a latecomer as to being a supporter of Helen, really and honestly believed despite the better edits she had in the last 2 days,that the very best we could hope for was 3rd place.

From the hype as to Ashleigh and the betting odds, (which again have been shown to be almost irrelevant),I believed Ashleigh was likely so far ahead in the voting after the last eviction,that by midweek she probably could not and should not likely be caught.

The other thing that became clear was that there wasn't the resentment for Helen that was suggested.
We got all the time, 'her cronies were being evicted one by one',then it would be her turn.

What Helen supporters and more importantly the bulk of voting viewers did too, who were watching,was to maximise her vote and make sure they all voted too,in the main for her.
Something Ashleigh supporters failed to do completely.

From all that hype and a supposed odds on favourite too, Asheligh should have easily taken this if she really had that strong and that level of support,not get beaten at all never mind by 1.2% of the total votes cast.

So to say Helen didn't deserve her win is fair enough for those who cannot accept she won,however it is not right to say she deserve to win,in fact it was those who took the time to vote and spend the money to vote, that in the end didn't think Ashleigh deserved to win,hence the fact she didn't.

That is all that counts,when people vote,they decide the result and who wins and it is clear who they wanted, this time around,Helen too,no matter the confusion and frustration that may possibly leave for others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KADENACY replies:-

This is the second thread-post today that I have had to quote myself

Here is some of what I said in the Will You Say Goodbye Big Brother? thread:-

" 16-08-2014, 09:07 AM #46
KADENACY

Posts: 103 Default I'll Keep On Saying Hello To Big Brother!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll Keep On Saying Hello To Big Brother!

"The people who voted for Helen may not have been in a majority:-They
probably used multi-voting and had more voting power and multiple votes
than Ashleigh supporters.So it is possiable that Ashleigh has more supporters
than Helen,but its just that Helen supporters voted more times than Ashleigh
fans. I myself voted a number of times for Ashleigh."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just look at this:-

BIG BROTHER UK 15 2014.Channel 5 Big Brother UK Twitter.Viewers verdict on the house divide trial - Ashleigh is guilty 23%. Helen is guilty 53%. They're both guilty 24%. They're both innocent 1%:-

And most of the Big Brother polls had Ashleigh leading Helen and the other
finalists by a wide margin - the Tellymix poll had Ashleigh leading by
2000 or 3000!

Steven Goode and Kimberly Kisselovich,plus some other ex-housemates
who are all friends of Helen,had a big Twitter TeamHelen campaign which urged their fans to vote for Helen.

I like Helen,and I hope her Big Brother experience helps her to improve her
personality for the good. Helen actually said that she would have been evicted weeks since if it had not been for that free pass to the final.
Big Brother warned Helen two or times about her behaviour - she should have had that free pass taken away from her by rights.
Helen actually said that Ashleigh had won Big Brother UK 15 2014 - she just couldn't believe that she had won Big Brother.

Helen won Big Brother,but it doesn't necessarily mean that the people who voted for her were in the majority. Although the TeamHelen campaign could
just have put Helen's supporters in the majority. And,as I've already stated:
Helen probably had more multiple votes than Ashleigh

Yeah,real hot! -

Marilyn Monroe quote

Facts

Kimberly Kisselovich Phaedra KAPCKNG

Last edited by KADENACY; 18-08-2014 at 11:37 AM.
KADENACY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 11:38 AM #66

Yes its great we Beat the N. Irish
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 12:07 PM #67

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

As long as Ashleigh didn't win I don't care what the percentage was. I feel that many people who are saying its a fix are diehard Ashleigh fans and I will admit here and now that if Ashleigh had won and the percentage was that small between her and Helen ( who I liked a lot more than Ashleigh) I would not be on the forums crying 'fix' I would be very unhappy if Ashleiigh won but would have to accept that the public voted her the wnner
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 03:58 PM #68
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
As long as Ashleigh didn't win I don't care what the percentage was. I feel that many people who are saying its a fix are diehard Ashleigh fans and I will admit here and now that if Ashleigh had won and the percentage was that small between her and Helen ( who I liked a lot more than Ashleigh) I would not be on the forums crying 'fix' I would be very unhappy if Ashleiigh won but would have to accept that the public voted her the wnner
Exactly and we will now never get the breakdown as to how many voted or how many votes came from each person or tel. number/s.

It cannot be said that Ashleigh had more people voting for her or that Helen had more voting for her as to actual people voting.
We don't know any of that for sure.

However multiple voting is part of BB voting, just as in evictions, a smaller number of people can vote many times to remove a housemate.
In the end more votes were cast for, and therefore more money was spent by all, those voting to bring the result of Helen winning and that is really all that matters.
Old 18-08-2014, 04:11 PM #69

You can't really use polls as a measurement.

If I visit a site to read an article, I sometimes just instinctively will click in a poll but I never vote in the show.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 04:23 PM #70

Fact is the campaign to get Winston out was what gave Helen the win. It created a proper Anti Ashleigh campaign with some intent for the first time. A vote for Helen was the **** you vote to Ashleigh's fanbase that had dominated social media and every BB site and had got a HM out that was largely liked by the public. Helen's fans voted multiple times and in numbers and it was enough. Ashleigh's fanbase was largely younger too so while they may be able to vote in a poll they wouldn't be able to vote, whereas Helen had more adults on side.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 04:31 PM #71

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

I don't think it was a fix.
But from everyone I know & have spoken to, not one person could believe that Helen won or that so many people voted for her.
I disliked Helen from start to finish & while I'm not happy she won & did not think she should of, you can't argue with the facts.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 06:25 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):
Default Helen Supporters Did More Multiple Voting Than Ashleigh Supporters.

Helen Supporters Did More Multiple Voting Than Ashleigh Supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Fact is the campaign to get Winston out was what gave Helen the win. It created a proper Anti Ashleigh campaign with some intent for the first time. A vote for Helen was the **** you vote to Ashleigh's fanbase that had dominated social media and every BB site and had got a HM out that was largely liked by the public. Helen's fans voted multiple times and in numbers and it was enough. Ashleigh's fanbase was largely younger too so while they may be able to vote in a poll they wouldn't be able to vote, whereas Helen had more adults on side.

KADENACY replies:-

I agree - and it is obviously in line with what I say in my above Helen Supporters Did More Multiple Voting Than Ashleigh Supporters post in this thread

I bought the Daily Star today,Monday,18th August,2014,and on page 4
it states "Punters Rig Win".
"Helen's Big Brother victory may have been rigged by savvy betting fans
around the country."
"Bookmakers including Ladbrokes and Coral saw a run of money on the former hooker to take the title in the hours before Friday's final."
"That saw her odds drop from 25-1 to 4-1. Several people put £1000 on while her odds were huge and raked in over £25000 when she pulled it off."
"One said 'Maybe all those who put cash on her were hitting re-dial when
voting knowing that they would be in the money if she did win'."
" 'Spending £100 on a phone bill is easy when you know that you'll walk away with £25000 if she wins!' ."

So if that is the case,it was the betting fans that greatly helped Helen to win Big Brother UK 15 2014!,and therefore it isn't a true reflection on the actual support of Helen compared to the larger support of Ashleigh?
The betting fans were more interested in winning money choose who won Big Brother!

Yeah,real hot! -

Marilyn Monroe quote

Facts

Kimberly Kisselovich Phaedra KAPCKNG
KADENACY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
12%, ashleigh, final, helen, vote