Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 23-08-2014, 09:40 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippingEck View Post
A compound fracture of his back? Hmmm really??? Im no medic but Im pretty sure if he;d have had a compound fracture of his back, that would have almost certainly led to total paralysis..

Oh and Busey was NOMINATED in 1978 for an Oscar.. he didn't win one.. He hasn't won an award since 1980 which was the bafta for the buddy holly story.. Leslie Jordan however won the Primetime Emmy for W&G in 2006.. I doubt Leslie feels intimidated by Busey's massive haul of awards..
According to his son in an interview with one of the media, Gary had to learn to walk and talk again after his accident. If you watch Gary's videos you will see him helping a young man who had been in a serious accident, this chappie was being helped to walk slowly, step by step with a large walking frame and a helper alongside him. I believe he had a brain injury, nevertheless Gary was there. His talks are very revealing and tbh I do not think we should doubt the fact that he has been through rather a lot.

As we are not medics, we cannot judge and should not try to.

Tbh also I do not see what difference awards make, it is the man/woman him/herself which counts. Awards mean nothing.....Leslie is just a nasty little man imo.

Last edited by Jules2; 23-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:40 AM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippingEck View Post
Are you always kind to people you find irritating, hurtful, rude and offensive?
No, but then I don't big myself up as being some kind of martyr like Leslie does.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:47 AM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'm not sure it's Oscar related, I think that Leslie just hasn't 'forgiven and forgotten' the recent issues...but do these housemates ever even when they say they do..?.....
within hours of going in the house Leslie was in the DR saying Gary had to go, there is an issue there of who is the most famous I think. I think Leslie feels all he has to do is ask Big Brother to remove people and they are gone.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:48 AM #29

He is nasty and vindictive...

If everything is not happening around him then hes just has a hissy fit.

I doubt he will be gone soon but hopefully he wont make the final.
warrenhill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:50 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..maybe criticism from viewers as well..?..I do think it's great to have varied age housemates and this is a good housemix but I also think that tasks should be designed to fit all so none need to feel 'exempt' in any way...
I agree Ammi. One thing, at the moment on Oddschecker we have:-

Dee 1st: George 2nd: and then Gary 3rd he has gone from 5th to 3rd, Leslie has gone down to 5th favourite. It is early days yet though and it doesnt always pay to be top from the beginning as they darent slip up... It is generally the final two weeks which count, viewers seem to have short memories when it comes to "what happened in the beginning".
Old 23-08-2014, 10:02 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
within hours of going in the house Leslie was in the DR saying Gary had to go, there is an issue there of who is the most famous I think. I think Leslie feels all he has to do is ask Big Brother to remove people and they are gone.
Imo HMs tend to jump on the bandwagon for their own safety. As they have been paid a fee and there isnt any other prize (?) their main aim has to be to get to the end for recognition. It was a great turn around for Jim Davidson and I cheered. In this case James began the feud over Gary, Leslie carried it on and then they chattered amongst themselves. Just like sheep some will agree even though they dont.

Look at Dee, she ran to Kelly's aid, even though Lauren was already there and she was moreorless told not to, has she done anything to help Gary? She just wants to be the "peacemaker" but only with those she wants to keep in with. I do not dislike her totally but I do not trust her neither. I am just waiting to see who has the empathy to take Gary under their wing. James is two faced as he is making fun of G behind his back, turning everything into a "fight" instead of understanding. Kelly should have more empathy, in a way I saw her remarks of Gary having a game as patronising and making fun of a young child.

If they want to be considered as caring people then they need to take a look at a situation, listen, understand, make the effort and recognise that Gary is a great name amongst society. They all need recognition of some sort so for their own sakes let them think.
Old 23-08-2014, 10:05 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

..I do actually find it funny when he 'demands people out'....he's not one of my favourites atm but just that part of him...HE/SHE HAS TO GO...!!!!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
I agree Ammi. One thing, at the moment on Oddschecker we have:-

Dee 1st: George 2nd: and then Gary 3rd he has gone from 5th to 3rd, Leslie has gone down to 5th favourite. It is early days yet though and it doesnt always pay to be top from the beginning as they darent slip up... It is generally the final two weeks which count, viewers seem to have short memories when it comes to "what happened in the beginning".
...a bit off topic but amazing when you think as well of the criticism that Dee has had in the past and especially when it was known she was going into the house from fans and now in a week..she's favourite......who would have thought it....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 10:13 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Imo HMs tend to jump on the bandwagon for their own safety. As they have been paid a fee and there isnt any other prize (?) their main aim has to be to get to the end for recognition. It was a great turn around for Jim Davidson and I cheered. In this case James began the feud over Gary, Leslie carried it on and then they chattered amongst themselves. Just like sheep some will agree even though they dont.

Look at Dee, she ran to Kelly's aid, even though Lauren was already there and she was moreorless told not to, has she done anything to help Gary? She just wants to be the "peacemaker" but only with those she wants to keep in with. I do not dislike her totally but I do not trust her neither. I am just waiting to see who has the empathy to take Gary under their wing. James is two faced as he is making fun of G behind his back, turning everything into a "fight" instead of understanding. Kelly should have more empathy, in a way I saw her remarks of Gary having a game as patronising and making fun of a young child.

If they want to be considered as caring people then they need to take a look at a situation, listen, understand, make the effort and recognise that Gary is a great name amongst society. They all need recognition of some sort so for their own sakes let them think.
..I think for me and we all judge things differently I know..but with some housemates you can think....hmmmm, was Dee genuine in going to the pod..(I personally think she was but that's just me)...or was James genuine in his offer to take Gary's place..?...or was it to 'look good'...that sort of thing..?..but what I love about Gary is that when he was in the DR discussing Leslie after all the apologies etc...?...he didn't once say anything bad about him and seems to genuinely just want to enjoy his experience and learning about the other housemates and can't understand why these 'hostilities' are happening/is totally baffled..any 'irritations' he causes are purely unintentional and he's such a good soul I think....but that's just my opinion of it though...

Last edited by Ammi; 23-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 10:14 AM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

The question was 'which is the least entertaining HM' not ' who do you have a grievance against' you vindictive little toad.
Old 23-08-2014, 10:19 AM #35

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Gary Busey died twice and was not thought likely to recover from a serious brain injury. He broke bones. He has had cancer. He is now seventy, partially deaf and I would imagine suffers a fair amount of arthritic pain from old injuries. People who suffer such severe brain injuries are changed forever and subject to erratic behaviours. I can't imagine how anyone could fail to sympathise. I admire him for for being able to stand up and do the day after all that. And he has been dignified in the face of other housemates ignorant rudeness and systematic bullying. His health is fairly common knowledge he gives support to others with brain injuries. Leslie is clearly a self centered compassion less twat with more ego than stature and so are the enablers who voted for him.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 03:20 PM #36

Leslie is evil
aimat2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 03:23 PM #37
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Gary Busey died twice and was not thought likely to recover from a serious brain injury. He broke bones. He has had cancer. He is now seventy, partially deaf and I would imagine suffers a fair amount of arthritic pain from old injuries. People who suffer such severe brain injuries are changed forever and subject to erratic behaviours. I can't imagine how anyone could fail to sympathise. I admire him for for being able to stand up and do the day after all that. And he has been dignified in the face of other housemates ignorant rudeness and systematic bullying. His health is fairly common knowledge he gives support to others with brain injuries. Leslie is clearly a self centered compassion less twat with more ego than stature and so are the enablers who voted for him.
He also has a 4 year old. How does he do it?
Old 23-08-2014, 03:39 PM #38
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

Leslie is to blame imo. He's ignoring everyone who said they don't mind being put out there. James, David, and Audley offered.. he chose Gary and Frenchy. Then he chose
Spoiler:

Kellie
who also didn't offer.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote