Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 30-08-2014, 04:02 PM #26
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Emma was clearly joking.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 04:08 PM #27
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynoo View Post
i refuse to watch her sexist tripe any longer. Im a man and proud.
Do you realise how stupid you sound? You don't need to state that you're "proud" to be a man because men have never faced prejudice. Women have been denied the right to vote, banned from working as anything other than a housewife, killed for breaking up with people, and used as objects.

Guys have never had any of this stuff happen to them, which is why you honestly should not be offended. As a guy myself, I know I wasn't because the quote being discussed was taken out of context anyway. Even if it was a sexist comment, although I don't believe reverse-sexism is helpful or combats discrimination towards women, what men have gone through in life doesn't compare to what women have had to deal with throughout history and even to today.

So when you make out that you're offended, you literally need to grow up.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 04:14 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
Do you realise how stupid you sound? You don't need to state that you're "proud" to be a man because men have never faced prejudice. Women have been denied the right to vote, banned from working as anything other than a housewife, killed for breaking up with people, and used as objects.

Guys have never had any of this stuff happen to them, which is why you honestly should not be offended. As a guy myself, I know I wasn't because the quote being discussed was taken out of context anyway. Even if it was a sexist comment, although I don't believe reverse-sexism is helpful or combats discrimination towards women, what men have gone through in life doesn't compare to what women have had to deal with throughout history and even to today.

really well said. Just what I wanted to say but was a little worried I'd be dismissed as a "man-hating feminist" (words that I have seen used on this forum before )

The irony is, some people in the world would respect your opinion on the subject more because you're male.

Last edited by jessicadanielle; 30-08-2014 at 04:14 PM.
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 05:49 PM #29
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
really well said. Just what I wanted to say but was a little worried I'd be dismissed as a "man-hating feminist" (words that I have seen used on this forum before )

The irony is, some people in the world would respect your opinion on the subject more because you're male.
I know. I read somewhere that male feminists are basically necessary for female rights, because some men just won't listen to women. It's a sad reality

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Old 30-08-2014, 05:59 PM #30

Quote:
I know. I read somewhere that male feminists are basically necessary for female rights, because some men just won't listen to women. It's a sad reality
Yep really sad female feminists are just hysterical man-hating lesbians on their periods, but if a male feminist says it he must be talking some sense...

Old 30-08-2014, 06:01 PM #31
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yep really sad female feminists are just hysterical man-hating lesbians on their periods, but if a male feminist says it he must be talking some sense...

To be honest, it annoys me most when I hear girls moaning about feminism in my English class at school. It's a top set class as well.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 30-08-2014, 06:17 PM #32

Quote:
To be honest, it annoys me most when I hear girls moaning about feminism in my English class at school. It's a top set class as well.
Me too. Even at Uni I've met someone who said she didn't like feminism because "she believes men and women are equal" it's crazy how many people misunderstand what feminism is, partly due to its portrayal in the media I presume.

There was also that online thing recently, dunno if you saw it, girls holding up banners saying "I don't need feminism because...". Some were opinions that I respected but some were just insanely ignorant. I mean, it's great that they feel their life hasn't been affected by gender inequality, but they must be so close-minded not to understand that women across the world suffer at the hands of gender inequality.
Old 30-08-2014, 06:20 PM #33
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Me too. Even at Uni I've met someone who said she didn't like feminism because "she believes men and women are equal" it's crazy how many people misunderstand what feminism is, partly due to its portrayal in the media I presume.

There was also that online thing recently, dunno if you saw it, girls holding up banners saying "I don't need feminism because...". Some were opinions that I respected but some were just insanely ignorant. I mean, it's great that they feel their life hasn't been affected by gender inequality, but they must be so close-minded not to understand that women across the world suffer at the hands of gender inequality.
Yeah. I think feminism needs a new name tbh, most misassociate it as female supremacy. Using 'Equal-genderism' as a term instead would probably clear a lot of it up.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 30-08-2014, 06:23 PM #34

Quote:
Yeah. I think feminism needs a new name tbh, most misassociate it as female supremacy. Using 'Equal-genderism' as a term instead would probably clear a lot of it up.
Definitely. I often feel really uncomfortable calling myself a feminist/talking about feminism as I know it gives people a bad vibe.

I will be an equal-genderist from now on
Old 30-08-2014, 06:27 PM #35

'ere we go...
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 06:35 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstan View Post
'ere we go...
What? Our desire for gender equality offends you?
Old 31-08-2014, 06:30 AM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:

whata load of lies. men have always faced prejudices. short men, black men, chinese men, disabled men, divorced men, communist men, african men, indian men, poor men, bline men, deaf men, ill men, old men, men on tv, men kill themselbes at 5 times the rate of women, get get falsely accused more than women, men lose 90% of divorce cases, men are banned from running for election in many places, men get forced to to and fight and die in wars worldwide, the average age of men killed in vietnam was 19, 95% of the people killed in world war 1 and 2 were men, men run into buring buildings 100% of the time...men have billions less spent on male charities, male health, male support agencies than women. men are banned from working with young females in many jobs, men lose their homes in 80% of divorces, men have no rights over whether their own child is aborted/killed, men die 5 years younger than women across the world....men lose their homes, the kids, their wives and half their income in 80% of divorces.

men are far far far more discriminated gaainst than women in western society
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 06:32 AM #38
User banned

User banned

Quote:
wrong . you dont listen to men. any time a man has an opinion hes called a sexist mysogynist , which is utter sexist drivel in itself. men are far more discriminated against than women in western society
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:00 AM #39
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Clearly the OP is not able to laugh comments like this off. Eurgh, such a woman eh?
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:14 AM #40
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
BB15: Marlon
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Personally the majority of women I know have a much easier life than men. I just like to break it down to men and women have crap that they have to deal with on a regular basis. I guess maybe I am sexist since I don't really have any sympathy for women from more Western societies (UK, US, Canada, etc) who claim that they are still being oppressed. I am aware that in some countries women don't have any rights. I also didn't think Emma's comment was really that much of a big deal. But I do agree that if Emma was a man and made those comments the other way around some people would've been up in arms.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:26 AM #41

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
whata load of lies. men have always faced prejudices. short men, black men, chinese men, disabled men, divorced men, communist men, african men, indian men, poor men, bline men, deaf men, ill men, old men, men on tv, men kill themselbes at 5 times the rate of women, get get falsely accused more than women, men lose 90% of divorce cases, men are banned from running for election in many places, men get forced to to and fight and die in wars worldwide, the average age of men killed in vietnam was 19, 95% of the people killed in world war 1 and 2 were men, men run into buring buildings 100% of the time...men have billions less spent on male charities, male health, male support agencies than women. men are banned from working with young females in many jobs, men lose their homes in 80% of divorces, men have no rights over whether their own child is aborted/killed, men die 5 years younger than women across the world....men lose their homes, the kids, their wives and half their income in 80% of divorces.

I would love to see all the sources of these 'facts' just so i can understand where you your information from
The majority of what you just said is a load of made up numbers and statistics and overly emotional slander at best

The parts that are in bold, i'll break them down into bulletpoints for a much simpler read, in the order that they are highlighted;
. Is there any real evidence to support this at all? If there is then, i apologise.
. Women are also banned from becoming vicars in a lot of places all over the world, so it's an even playing field there.
. So every time a building is on fire, there's a man running into it out of his own free will?.. we're not counting firefighters because women can be those too, which you didn't quite mention.
. No-one can help what age they die at, so to say men are discriminated against because we have an average life rate below women is preposterous and completely laughable
. If a married couple gets divorced, then they are both entitled to half of everything, legally, that is part of the marriage agreement, unless a prenuptial agreement is signed beforehand, i don't quite see how men lose their kids either tbh.. but i'll let you have than one.

Last edited by Liam-; 31-08-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 11:09 AM #42
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I would love to see all the sources of these 'facts' just so i can understand where you your information from
The majority of what you just said is a load of made up numbers and statistics and overly emotional slander at best

The parts that are in bold, i'll break them down into bulletpoints for a much simpler read, in the order that they are highlighted;
. Is there any real evidence to support this at all? If there is then, i apologise.
. Women are also banned from becoming vicars in a lot of places all over the world, so it's an even playing field there.
. So every time a building is on fire, there's a man running into it out of his own free will?.. we're not counting firefighters because women can be those too, which you didn't quite mention.
. No-one can help what age they die at, so to say men are discriminated against because we have an average life rate below women is preposterous and completely laughable
. If a married couple gets divorced, then they are both entitled to half of everything, legally, that is part of the marriage agreement, unless a prenuptial agreement is signed beforehand, i don't quite see how men lose their kids either tbh.. but i'll let you have than one.
I can't speak for all men but one of my issues with some female activists I've met is that I sometimes feel as if they are trying to make me feel ashamed of the fact that I'm a male. That's just me. I guess I just don't feel like women from "Western" societies aren't oppressed like women of other societies. Yet some act like they are going thru the same thing. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 31-08-2014, 11:17 AM #43
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post

You are sooooo deluded. You can't just add a minority tag to "men" and say that men are prejudiced against. The prejudice those specific people are subjected to is not due to them being a man, but because of the specific minority (eg. disabled, communist). Does that make it right? Absolutely not! But please, men are not discriminated against. This is coming from a guy.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 31-08-2014, 01:20 PM #44

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Oh my God everyone is going off topic. The thread was about Emma wasn't it ?
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 03:49 PM #45

Quote:

Women shoot themselves in the foot { as a whole- a group} they just don't get on with each other. So while one faction are trying to improve the rights for women there's another lot deriding them.

I guess they are just wired that way- you only have to see the friction in the BB house most of the enmity is from female to female.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 03:52 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Oh my God everyone is going off topic. The thread was about Emma wasn't it ?

Okay, there's things that I like about her and things that annoy me about her.

As for the comment she made- FFS it was a throw away comment in this PC mad world we live in- a joke Ha-ha. Titter ye not.

On the whole though she does a good job and is a bright and breezy presenter.

Just wish she would accept that there are different points of view other than her own. {or BB's or CBB}
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 03:56 PM #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Women shoot themselves in the foot { as a whole- a group} they just don't get on with each other. So while one faction are trying to improve the rights for women there's another lot deriding them.

I guess they are just wired that way- you only have to see the friction in the BB house most of the enmity is from female to female.
Funny, I'm seeing a lot of friction between males in this house and between females and males - and not so much between females and females?
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 03:58 PM #48

Anyway, yes, Emma made a throwaway joke.

However, we do know that humour has changed over the years and some changes are due to political correctness so it's probably not surprising that someone somewhere will have something to say about some jokes in the ongoing battle for fair treatment for all.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 04:23 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

Firstly, I am a girl and get on with girls just fine.

Secondly, some girls not getting on with some girls should have no effect on women's rights so I don't know what point you're making.

Thirdly, BB is a competition where the producers selectively pick housemates who they believe will be entertaining - this often means confrontational people. Therefore, I don't think looking at friction in BB is a very good representation of "how women are wired". I'm not sure if you can say most enmity on BB is between girls anyway - the current BB is the opposite.

Bookmark/share this topic