Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 31-08-2014, 10:14 AM #1
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
Do you realise how stupid you sound? You don't need to state that you're "proud" to be a man because men have never faced prejudice. Women have been denied the right to vote, banned from working as anything other than a housewife, killed for breaking up with people, and used as objects.

Guys have never had any of this stuff happen to them, which is why you honestly should not be offended. As a guy myself, I know I wasn't because the quote being discussed was taken out of context anyway. Even if it was a sexist comment, although I don't believe reverse-sexism is helpful or combats discrimination towards women, what men have gone through in life doesn't compare to what women have had to deal with throughout history and even to today.

So when you make out that you're offended, you literally need to grow up.
Personally the majority of women I know have a much easier life than men. I just like to break it down to men and women have crap that they have to deal with on a regular basis. I guess maybe I am sexist since I don't really have any sympathy for women from more Western societies (UK, US, Canada, etc) who claim that they are still being oppressed. I am aware that in some countries women don't have any rights. I also didn't think Emma's comment was really that much of a big deal. But I do agree that if Emma was a man and made those comments the other way around some people would've been up in arms.

Bookmark/share this topic