Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 31-08-2014, 12:20 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
Where is the consistency?

Emily was ejected at 3am with no knickers on because she said the N word in a jokey rap song type way. Not a good idea, but a first offence.

Meanwhile, admitted bully Stephanie is allowed to bully people and then blame them for the bullying.
This is Not true. There was no rap song involved. It was blurted out right in the middle of a conversation. Charlie was saying that her belly was getting big and that she thought she might be pregnant. Emily said, "your pushing it out you N"

She was rightly ejected. Should have been tarred and feather before she went, the ignoramus.

Let That Which Dwells in the Darkness

Be Brought Into The Light
Old 31-08-2014, 12:35 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
This is Not true. There was no rap song involved. It was blurted out right in the middle of a conversation. Charlie was saying that her belly was getting big and that she thought she might be pregnant. Emily said, "your pushing it out you N"

She was rightly ejected. Should have been tarred and feather before she went, the ignoramus.
And you think that is worse than relentlessly bullying a 70 year old disabled man????
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 04:13 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
And you think that is worse than relentlessly bullying a 70 year old disabled man????
Certainly not, stephanie should have been kicked out long ago, kicked with a very large boot.

And james should have been ejected too the moment he threatened a frail 70yo after the dutchess task.

If BB had taken proper action like they did in the Emma incident we wouldn't have had to witness their vile behaviour for nearly two weeks.

Let That Which Dwells in the Darkness

Be Brought Into The Light
Old 31-08-2014, 04:20 AM #29

Quote:
Certainly not, stephanie should have been kicked out long ago, kicked with a very large boot.

And james should have been ejected too the moment he threatened a frail 70yo after the dutchess task.

If BB had taken proper action like they did in the Emma incident we wouldn't have had to witness their vile behaviour for nearly two weeks.
Well I agree with you about James and Stephanie but I thought the treatment of Emily was harsh. I mean, for a start, what was the need to evict Emily at 3am with just a nightie on? Couldn't they have waited until she woke up in the morning?
Old 31-08-2014, 05:46 AM #30
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post
I think I would have a problem with someone who spits everywhere too, I would just handle it differently...........
..this is it though isn't it Miranda..it's not that you can't understand irritations and annoyances with him, it's how they've all acted with those and how it's become a complete intolerance for all of them...and for me it's nothing to do with age or respect because we had this with Ashleigh and her being so much younger/the youngest .....it's that he has got an impairment/disability regardless of age.. which other housemates in the past have also had and been extended consideration for that but Gary hasn't been at all...I think the truth of it is and for whatever their reasons..(which may feel valid to them..)...many don't like him so if you don't like someone, it makes it ok to treat them the way they have with Gary..?..considerations/tolerance/understandings only apply when you like someone..?...it's just been so wrong and worrying that 'adults' can succumb to the 'playground pack' situation and lose all their empathy in their personal dislike for that person/justify their behaviour to themselves somehow...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 08:31 AM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..this is it though isn't it Miranda..it's not that you can't understand irritations and annoyances with him, it's how they've all acted with those and how it's become a complete intolerance for all of them...and for me it's nothing to do with age or respect because we had this with Ashleigh and her being so much younger/the youngest .....it's that he has got an impairment/disability regardless of age.. which other housemates in the past have also had and been extended consideration for that but Gary hasn't been at all...I think the truth of it is and for whatever their reasons..(which may feel valid to them..)...many don't like him so if you don't like someone, it makes it ok to treat them the way they have with Gary..?..considerations/tolerance/understandings only apply when you like someone..?...it's just been so wrong and worrying that 'adults' can succumb to the 'playground pack' situation and lose all their empathy in their personal dislike for that person/justify their behaviour to themselves somehow...

Great post, I actually get more and more amazed at how some of them just cannot even accept their treatment of Gary is in any way wrong.
Patronising statements like 'trying to educate you' are all a belittling example of an individual.

I like that Gary appears to in the main pay 'lip service' to what they are saying and then just carries on regardless.

So you say at the end of your post, losing empathy because of their dislike of Gary and using that as an excuse to justify their behaviour,is for me anyway, way out of line.

Last edited by joeysteele; 31-08-2014 at 11:37 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:03 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Great post, I actually get more and more amzed at how some of them just cannot even accept their treatment of Gary is in any way wrong.
Patronising statements like 'trying to educate you' are all a belittling example of an individual.

I like that Gary appears to in the main pay 'lip service' to what tyhey are saying and then just carries on regardless.

S you say at the end of your post, losing empathy because of their dislike of Gary and using that as an excuse to justify their behaviour,is for me anyway, way out of line.
..yeah, it's one of the mind-sets of 'perceived bullying' and bullying is how it could be perceived... or any 'pack' situation, which so often happens in playgrounds but also happens in the BB house sometimes because of the close environment etc and not being around people you would 'normally' choose to.... 'it's your fault because you don't make yourself very 'likeable'/'fi in' etc....'it's your responsibility to change', to look at yourself/not ours for our intolerances or how we've shown them....
Old 31-08-2014, 09:21 AM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
'it's your responsibility to change', to look at yourself/not ours for our intolerances or how we've shown them....
Yes, but its more complicated than that because some behaviors will demand utter intolerance where others won't and the pack isn't capable of differentiating between them, which is why they come across so badly. I maintain that if Gary wasn't a major threat to them winning BB, he wouldn't be an issue for them at all. Indeed, those that appear to be the most tolerant of him are the ones with the least interest in winning the series.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:34 AM #34

Did Stephanie tell the others she had been spoken to by BB about her treatment of Gary?
Old 31-08-2014, 09:40 AM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Yes, but its more complicated than that because some behaviors will demand utter intolerance where others won't and the pack isn't capable of differentiating between them, which is why they come across so badly. I maintain that if Gary wasn't a major threat to them winning BB, he wouldn't be an issue for them at all. Indeed, those that appear to be the most tolerant of him are the ones with the least interest in winning the series.
..hmmmm, I sort of get the 'threat' thing but then they seem so genuinely confused when they get booed and don't see their treatment of him as being a possible reason..?..they always seem to try and analyse and come up with lots of other possibilities but don't seem to consider that unless it's specifically pointed out...maybe the more tolerant ones and the ones less interested in actually winning or just the 'nicer' ones generally..?...
Old 31-08-2014, 09:55 AM #36
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
..hmmmm, I sort of get the 'threat' thing but then they seem so genuinely confused when they get booed and don't see their treatment of him as being a possible reason..?..they always seem to try and analyse and come up with lots of other possibilities but don't seem to consider that unless it's specifically pointed out...maybe the more tolerant ones and the ones less interested in actually winning or just the 'nicer' ones generally..?...
I think they don't understand the boos because the pack has been confirming and validating that its ok to treat Gary that way, so they don't see it as a problem. George got cheered so he isn't going to think he has done anything wrong. I think most realize that that the crowd reaction is panto anyway but still can't cope when they hear boos.

One would have thought that Stephanie would have told the pack that she got hauled up for her treatment of Gary, and they would have adjusted their behaviour because of this, but I don't see any evidence of it yet.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 31-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:16 AM #37
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:

I saw that episode (you can still see it on youtube i think) and she didn't say it in an insulting way to cause harm, she said it in that 'street slang' way, like you would say 'homey' or 'geeza' or 'bro'. She used it in the way it's used in hip hop all the time.

It was just a poor choice of word because there is so much controversy and potential upset around the word, people have to be very careful when, where and how they say it. Plus, you have to have a pretty established relationship with the person you use it with so they know where you are coming from and won't take it as an insult.

BB is not the ideal place to sound it out as Emily found out. But she was not saying it with any venom or cruelty. It was meant in a hip hoppy way but it was a very poorly chosen word indeed, especially in those circumstances.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:23 AM #38

Quote:
Good post, when a new house begins the HMs seem to collect together in groups, one or two make themselves the mother/father so that when it comes to noms they will be deemed safe. We have some in there who deem themselves to be everyones friend, even so they werent including Gary. He is his own person and his nom is immaterial to them.

Leslie saw him as his main foe and tried to undermime him, James just domineers him but the one I really like because he is just, is Audley. He has gone up to third favourite pushing Dee down to 4th. Yes, well done lad.

We now hear that Gary is making an effort and I see that one or two of the others are also doing the same. Whether or not it is because they acknowledge his popularity and want to be seen to be near him, I do not know. All Gary has every done is to say thankyou, I am learning so if he gets something out of it then well done. He will have his payment and when he comes out, even if he doesnt win, he will know that a great part of the public have stood by him. He is living his own truth and accepting their criticism. Cant be bad...

I would say that a lot of it is to try and keep in with the largest group so that they have each others back but........they should watch out because one or two are soooooooooooo twofaced. My main one is Dee....

Last edited by Jules2; 31-08-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 10:47 AM #39

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Good post, when a new house begins the HMs seem to collect together in groups, one or two make themselves the mother/father so that when it comes to noms they will be deemed safe. We have some in there who deem themselves to be everyones friend, even so they werent including Gary. He is his own person and his nom is immaterial to them.

Leslie saw him as his main foe and tried to undermime him, James just domineers him but the one I really like because he is just, is Audley. He has gone up to third favourite pushing Dee down to 4th. Yes, well done lad.

We now hear that Gary is making an effort and I see that one or two of the others are also doing the same. Whether or not it is because they acknowledge his popularity and want to be seen to be near him, I do not know. All Gary has every done is to say thankyou, I am learning so if he gets something out of it then well done. He will have his payment and when he comes out, even if he doesnt win, he will know that a great part of the public have stood by him. He is living his own truth and accepting their criticism. Cant be bad...

I would say that a lot of it is to try and keep in with the largest group so that they have each others back but........they should watch out because one or two are soooooooooooo twofaced. My main one is Dee....
I don't get Dee at all. Out of them all, I would have thought she would be the one without a big ego, the 'mother' of the group who would tell the others off for their treatment of Gary and make sure he was included.
Yet she has no time for him at all, never goes near him that we've seen, and seems to really dislike him. What really annoyed me was when she shouted at him for touching the pizza 'with his hands' and saying she would wash the clothes then do Gary's separately as if he was a leper or something. Horrid woman.

Last edited by jet; 31-08-2014 at 11:12 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 11:04 AM #40

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Stephanie is a horrible person. She is using George, refuses to take any criticism about her behaviour & treats a 70 year old man like dirt.
And when Audley stands up to her she does the tried & tested method of crying
She should have gone instead of Leslie.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:43 PM #41

Quote:
I think they don't understand the boos because the pack has been confirming and validating that its ok to treat Gary that way, so they don't see it as a problem. George got cheered so he isn't going to think he has done anything wrong. I think most realize that that the crowd reaction is panto anyway but still can't cope when they hear boos.

One would have thought that Stephanie would have told the pack that she got hauled up for her treatment of Gary, and they would have adjusted their behaviour because of this, but I don't see any evidence of it yet.
It isn't panto. If it was then they wouldn't have got rid of the crowd for Jade's eviction.
Old 31-08-2014, 12:47 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
I saw that episode (you can still see it on youtube i think) and she didn't say it in an insulting way to cause harm, she said it in that 'street slang' way, like you would say 'homey' or 'geeza' or 'bro'. She used it in the way it's used in hip hop all the time.

It was just a poor choice of word because there is so much controversy and potential upset around the word, people have to be very careful when, where and how they say it. Plus, you have to have a pretty established relationship with the person you use it with so they know where you are coming from and won't take it as an insult.

BB is not the ideal place to sound it out as Emily found out. But she was not saying it with any venom or cruelty. It was meant in a hip hoppy way but it was a very poorly chosen word indeed, especially in those circumstances.
As Emily pointed out at the time, it wasn't the first time it had been used and Charley used it herself.

Either everyone can say it or nobody can. Even that vile woman who was sat with them (can't be bothered remembering her name) said it during the course of the kerfuffle and she got away with it too because she wasn't white.

The biggest irony of course is that Charley was one of the vilest housemates ever and not only was it tolerated, BB even fake evicted her to make sure she stayed in. Meanwhile, Emily, the decent person, had her life destroyed for using the same word Charley had.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
admitted, bullying, gary, stephanie, Stephanie Pratt