Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 02:57 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default One thing that does my head in with some of the people that watch this show.

Is that people like and dislike Housemates based on if they're friends with their favourite Housemate, or on how morally great the said Housemate is and that's why they become my favourite, while the dickhead is hated because they're not very “nice” and they're not friends with my favourite, it ruins the show as feuds don't normally last very long because of this reason unless BB rig things to make it last longer.

The point I'm trying to get across to you is why do a lot of people that watch BB like certain Housemates because their friends with their favourite? Also why is morals looked at more positively than nasty entertainers? And gameplaying being such a big taboo like when Ashleigh tried it in BB15?

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:44 AM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
Is that people like and dislike Housemates based on if they're friends with their favourite Housemate, or on how morally great the said Housemate is and that's why they become my favourite, while the dickhead is hated because they're not very “nice” and they're not friends with my favourite, it ruins the show as feuds don't normally last very long because of this reason unless BB rig things to make it last longer.

The point I'm trying to get across to you is why do a lot of people that watch BB like certain Housemates because their friends with their favourite? Also why is morals looked at more positively than nasty entertainers? And gameplaying being such a big taboo like when Ashleigh tried it in BB15?
..I think for me, I don't mind game-playing at all..it's far more entertaining than having a housemate who is 'nice but boring'..but it's also about how they entertain and if there is a balance to that..?...not just spiteful and 'nasty' all the time...I think it's more down to which game play we like most or which we find the least offensive...that's just natural though Mock..?..it's hard to find a level to like a housemate when there is nothing in their character or 'gameplay' which you find likeable in any way or when their characters represent 'pet hates' in personalities and things you really just don't admire at all...there does have to be a balance and you do have to see that, which you often don't with just HL shows....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 AM #3
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

I don't think it matters to me in the celebrity version because they're all payed. I struggle to watch a programme where a knobhead wins money for being a knobhead though.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 AM #4

There is a lot of gimp in some people thats for sure. I find it weird when people cry like babys and embarrass themselves by posting "im not watching anymore" posts
I like the show more than i like any housemate it seems a bit creepy to me when people cry and flounce after things dont go the way they wanted.
#JeremyKylemassive
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..knobheadphobic.....

......tbh, by the time it gets to the final, I often don't care just because my favourites usually don't get that far or I don't think they'll win anyway...
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I wasn't talking to you there Bob, it was Withano...
Old 06-09-2014, 06:00 AM #7
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I don't know, maybe you're knobheadphobic as well...
Old 06-09-2014, 06:03 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I wasn't talking to you there Bob, it was Withano...
Quote:
..I don't know, maybe you're knobheadphobic as well...
omg you were talking to me

No its fine Ammi i will believe you this time

Last edited by billy123; 06-09-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 AM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
omg you were talking to me

No its fine Ammi i will believe you this time

..I'm a secret knobheadphobic as well Bob..(and I've met quite a lot..)..so we're all in good company here...
Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 AM #10

Quote:
..I'm a secret knobheadphobic as well Bob..(and I've met quite a lot..)..so we're all in good company here...
knobheadphobia count me in please Ammi i think im definitely a sufferer.

Last edited by billy123; 06-09-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:51 AM #11
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also why is morals looked at more positively than nasty entertainers?
um
Old 06-09-2014, 07:14 AM #12

Quote:
..I think for me, I don't mind game-playing at all..it's far more entertaining than having a housemate who is 'nice but boring'..but it's also about how they entertain and if there is a balance to that..?...not just spiteful and 'nasty' all the time...I think it's more down to which game play we like most or which we find the least offensive...that's just natural though Mock..?..it's hard to find a level to like a housemate when there is nothing in their character or 'gameplay' which you find likeable in any way or when their characters represent 'pet hates' in personalities and things you really just don't admire at all...there does have to be a balance and you do have to see that, which you often don't with just HL shows....

You can't play a game in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only game player is BB: End of.

If you were to play a game it would be on the behest of BB and nothing else- ala Victor 2006?

You are dealing with quantum Maths, it's the equivalent of juggling 14 balls up in the air all at the same time add into that the viewing public and the puppet master BB and you have no chance of pulling it off not unless you involve BB and the pulic { once again how Victor cleverly did way back}

What you get is a veneer of a person and slowly but surely-over a few days- the mask starts to drop and you start to see the real person. Like onion layers. All this program does is let people replicate what they would do on the outside world- what they have learnt in their years of experience on earth- how they have dealt with things and lets them reproduce it in a confined space. Nothing more or nothing less- it's a game of life.

Life is a game - BB is just a rather condensed version of it. Where some of the options that you have in real life are removed- such as the ability to walk away or ignore completely.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

You can like people who aren't friends with each other. I liked Frenchy, and Leslie, and they weren't friends.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 AM #14
cancelled

cancelled

Default ?

so many questions..............why do fans ignore faults in their favourite by pointing out faults in other hm's?

we're complex peoples

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM #15

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
so many questions..............why do fans ignore faults in their favourite by pointing out faults in other hm's?

we're complex peoples

Mark L
Often they don't, that is just a misperception by those arguing against them. People see what they want to see.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 06-09-2014 at 08:47 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 AM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

I dont think that is necessarily so. Gary seems to feel friendly towards James. I like Gary I cant stand James.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:32 AM #17

The main thing that spoilsthis show and prevents it from acheiving massive audiences, it would if it did the following, as most people in the GP (myself included) enjoy working out & following human interaction & gossip.If people didn't the soaps wouldn't get such massive audiences ?

A minority early on pick the most unpleasant character, then for the rest of the run, intil the final vote when majority of viewers at home step in

most,

for the run, fit in with the opinion of the minority who started the backing for the one who stirs up the most sh*t causes the most conflict in the house,

it is most important to most who vote to fit in and be popular with most online and on twitter etc, rather than to make up their own mind who should be voted for

I don't know why anyone would aspire or want to fit in and be seen as the same kind of person as the crowd on BB the audience on BBOTS or the minority of bullies on twitter who usually lead things

I mean why ? none of these people are very bright and most aren't very nice, and certainly not honest, notice how they never admit to voting for people because they stir up sh*t and are the nastiest because obviously that'll cause most arguments and in their eye entertainment.

They always lie instead to say it's because they are nice.

& notice how every time they play the bully card when in fact it is them who are the biggest bullies, notice how the majority daren't not fit in and agree with them for fear of the abuse they will get back if they don't including Louisa Zissman etc who always suc*s up to the audience because it's more important for her to be popular on twitter than tell the truth.

Why aspire and fit in with people like that ?

The mind boggles.

It's clear how BB could get big audiences

Have votes during the run, that encourage the majority of the home viewers to take part in deciding the content of the show rather than it being dictated to by the minority who most who work for BB daren't disagree with either,

the sucking up by BB staff and most celebrities for their popularity online and their future career is disgusting and obvious.

So encourage majority to take part during run, maybe with a few free votes for the majority at home to take part in, heavens forbid, free votes, that'd cut into BB,channel 5 amd Endemol's profits.

It would be far better than having the show dictated to by the crowd,BOTS audience and twitter & seeing the obvious suckin up by Zissman and most other staff on BB

& how abpout stop being so predictable & stop backing the most nasty early on then all the fitting in & conforming or else abuse later, the predictability of that puts people off watching in the first place, most at home know what twitter is like

& know what crowd on BB are like, that's why they don't watch in the first place, when it is confirmed to them early on when they do watch, that the nastiest get backed then most daren't not fit in after, that predictability, cowardice to not have own opinion and all the lies that go with it ie we vote for them cause their nice and it's caiuse we feel sorry for them BS, anyway the predictablility of that being the same every f time puts people off and if they have come to watgh they give up after a while

& go away to avoid watching the abuse and predictability of all that that is true for most of the run, until the final act when maj at home vote in order to save themselves phone charges to try and make sure the filth that was backed all the way through and who most daren't diasagree with isn't allowed to win.

& how about backing good people who are poutspoken to put nasty people in their place that is far more fun to me.

The show should primarliy be about having fun and a laugh with occasional times, quite regular, where good people put nasties in their place.

Why is it that nasties are always looked up to and backed early on on BB yet a good person who speaks up is always treated like sh*t and looked down on, and why do the crowd and BBOTS audience and those on twitter who start things there, who live most of their life on there, bullying, why do none of these people admit why they back the nasties, why do they always lie and say it's cause they are nice, why do they so often hypocritically play the bully card to try and silence opposition and why do they often after severely booing someone while they are in the house then suddenly won't admit to it when they walk out, notice how how they often go quiet when those they have been vile to when listening to them in house come out.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post

we're complex peoples

Mark L

I would say that is because we want to stick up for our favourite, therefore we want the comments to be fair. If I deem something unfair then it is only right that it is pointed out, the reason why it happened, who it was with, was that other person right or wrong. We all know that each one of the HMs have massive faults. We always want to get our choice to the winning post with the least amount of criticism but some, if they do not like a HM, just jump on the bandwagon for the sake of it. We have to consider also that some do it just to make an argument. It generally works.

We also see things differently and I would say that we are all guilty of doing the same things moreorless.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
head, people, show, thing, watch