Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 05-09-2014, 11:24 PM #1

Default We know the housemates lie about Gary.

There has been a lot of talk tonight about how these things we hear about Gary must be true and the housemates wouldn't be lying.

But we know that housemates have lied about Gary. We saw Dee with our own eyes on the live feed go out in the garden and start a confrontation with Gary and then go into the rest of the house and claim that gary "cornered" her.

Why should we believe a word they say unless we are shown it in the highlights show?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:27 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
There has been a lot of talk tonight about how these things we hear about Gary must be true and the housemates wouldn't be lying.

But we know that housemates have lied about Gary. We saw Dee with our own eyes on the live feed go out in the garden and start a confrontation with Gary and then go into the rest of the house and claim that gary "cornered" her.

Why should we believe a word they say unless we are shown it in the highlights show?
We saw James saying that Gary interrupted him, and Gary only heard his name mentioned. So that was a lie too.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 PM #3
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

exaggerate

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 PM #4

I saw the LF and it was edited to put the rest of the house in a good light. It is obvious that anyone coming out now will have to run him down as they have to build up their own defence. It wont matter whether it is truth or not. Neither Stephanie or Kellie have room to talk. They are just carrying on outside as they did inside. Their words meant nothing.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM #5

It does seem like they spend a lot of time talking about all of his faults, which is likely to be quite contagious to housemates who don't even have a personal problem with Gary. Edele even said, when she was outraged at being nommed, that every other conversation she hears is bitching about Gary. It's like they've developed a Gary-hate culture in there where they twist everything to fit in with their own sh*tty Gary-hate storyline, like Dee with the "cornering" thing.

I don't think their opinions are based on nothing though - I'm sure Gary is rude and unhygienic at times and in some ways, we've seen some instances, and it's not a coincidence that so many hms report rudeness and poor hygiene. However, I do think their opinion is skewed by the fact that so many hms keep talking about it, probably making it seem worse than it is, especially when the housemates who dislike Gary (James in the past, Stephanie, George, Dee) are much more vocal about his flaws than Gary is in his own defence.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

We see what BB want us to see. Take the incident in the bedroom with Gary and James. How do we know that Gary hadn't been interrupting people all day previous to that, and they had just asked him again and again not to do it, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back though it seemed innocent but it was really Gary winding him up? We don't.
Equally, it could have just happened as we saw it, but because James reacted so strongly, it is doubtful. But we just don't know.
I've always seen Gary as somewhat manipulative and a wind - up, and that's why he is such a good HM, which is why he should win, not because he is pitied.

Last edited by jet; 06-09-2014 at 09:22 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 PM #7

It is very clear what Gary is like.I've seen it with my own eyes several times, it doesn't need the housemates lying to me when they come out for me to see it.

I've seen Gary be clearly nasty and abusive several times, seen him stare nastily and heard him say some very nasty things himself.

And Gary has clearly maipulated some conversations and often wins arguments and the underhand threat to Dee saying " It's nomination time again"

these things imply intelligence and certainly do not appear to come from some one who is brain damaged.

It has already been shown clearly on 2 or 3 occasions how rude and nasty Gary is.

1. When Gary stared across at Stephanie like a stalker with a scary stare while she was under the covers trying her best to hide from him and have some privacy.

2. When he said to George "No way, buddie" and showed he has no tolerance towards others human mistakes

3. When he told Dee "It's nomination time again soon," or words to that effect which was an obvious threat, and clearly not the action or thought pattern, far too clever and a sneaky under hand threat for some one who is too brain damaged.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:41 PM #8
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Gary is an unpleasant man acting the part of a sweet spiritual soul. He is fooling a large part of the gullible public.

He hasn't fooled me for one moment.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
It is very clear what Gary is like.I've seen it with my own eyes several times, it doesn't need the housemates lying to me when they come out for me to see it.

I've seen Gary be clearly nasty and abusive several times, seen him stare nastily and heard him say some very nasty things himself.

And Gary has clearly maipulated some conversations and often wins arguments and the underhand threat to Dee saying " It's nomination time again"

these things imply intelligence and certainly do not appear to come from some one who is brain damaged.

It has already been shown clearly on 2 or 3 occasions how rude and nasty Gary is.

1. When Gary stared across at Stephanie like a stalker with a scary stare while she was under the covers trying her best to hide from him and have some privacy.

2. When he said to George "No way, buddie" and showed he has no tolerance towards others human mistakes

3. When he told Dee "It's nomination time again soon," or words to that effect which was an obvious threat, and clearly not the action or thought pattern, far too clever and a sneaky under hand threat for some one who is too brain damaged.
Lol what does that even mean? You can't be intelligent at all if you have any sort of brain damage? There is a difference between brain damaged and brain dead...
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
It does seem like they spend a lot of time talking about all of his faults, which is likely to be quite contagious to housemates who don't even have a personal problem with Gary. Edele even said, when she was outraged at being nommed, that every other conversation she hears is bitching about Gary. It's like they've developed a Gary-hate culture in there where they twist everything to fit in with their own sh*tty Gary-hate storyline, like Dee with the "cornering" thing.

I don't think their opinions are based on nothing though - I'm sure Gary is rude and unhygienic at times and in some ways, we've seen some instances, and it's not a coincidence that so many hms report rudeness and poor hygiene. However, I do think their opinion is skewed by the fact that so many hms keep talking about it, probably making it seem worse than it is, especially when the housemates who dislike Gary (James in the past, Stephanie, George, Dee) are much more vocal about his flaws than Gary is in his own defence.
The double standards show that Gary isn't the problem.

When gary asks people why they nominated him then they all slate him for it. But when Edele does it then it is fine. When gary doesn't shower then it is the worst thing imaginable but whe Lauren pees in the pool the housemates all laugh and think it is great.

So their dislike of Gary is something else. I think they are jealous that he is the biggest star.

Stephanie said tonight that she knows people would love watching gary. They all knew it when they walked in and they felt threatened.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:50 PM #11

Quote:
The double standards show that Gary isn't the problem.

When gary asks people why they nominated him then they all slate him for it. But when Edele does it then it is fine. When gary doesn't shower then it is the worst thing imaginable but whe Lauren pees in the pool the housemates all laugh and think it is great.

So their dislike of Gary is something else. I think they are jealous that he is the biggest star.

Stephanie said tonight that she knows people would love watching gary. They all knew it when they walked in and they felt threatened.
Yeah I agree with most of this (apart from the jealousy thing, I'm not sure about that) which is what I meant about the Gary-hate culture - whatever Gary does, it is twisted to Gary being rude/unhygienic. And when he is neither rude nor unhygienic (e.g. When he was cleaning plates and wiping the kitchen tops because people had complained about it), he was mocked for it.

But, Gary isn't some faultless angel. It's just that some housemates seem more willing to look past other people's faults, and more intent to focus on Gary's.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 PM #12

Remember when Leslie first came out, in his interview with Emma, he said he had to apologise to Gary's family for the way he treated him. I was very pleased with that and admired him for it but, he soon changed his tune when he realised that the public were against the way Gary had been treated, he began to defend himself.

He saw Gary as his rival and tried to degrade him with the tasks and that, he lost one of the food tasks because he had a personal vendetta against G. Ask youself though, why did he say publicly he had to apologise to Gary's family?

Then we have the idiot James trying to educate Gary but in what way was he doing it, he earnt himself the name of Bully. Then along comes Stephanie with the face to face nominations and Ricci telling him that he wouldnt want Gary as an example for his children.

Now we have dear mama Dee, shes suddenly realises that Gary may win and so let us stir the pot. Gary hasnt bitten he has apologised, he has tried to better himself. He was told in the begnning that the HMs hated him, mmm, now I am sure that if his behaviour has been other than that which we have seen, it would have been shown over and over again. Just imagine though sitting in there knowing that all the HMs hated him, they proved it by nominating him each time. Same old stories....

They will all relate a tale to defend their actions whether it be truth or not, we will never really know but in the meantime I will continue voting for Gary to win.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:56 PM #13

Quote:

Maybe, but did Dee force Gary to say "It's nomination time again soon" as she was leaving ?

Did anyone force him to say " No way buddie" to George when he showed he would not show tolernace to others mistakes ?

Did anyone force him to sit on the ned of the bed and stare like a stalker at Stephanie while she was hiding trying to get some privacu under the covers ?

Did anyone force him keep bumping into others and always blaming them for it ?

Did anyone force him, to always blame anyone else including the classic LMAO he even said it's because English People Are Too Sensitive

& yet so many English still support him ?

The Guy is a Pig, many people who are 70 plus and who have hearing problems show far more manners and compassion to others than Gary does,with his nasty stares, his BS about being loving

& his I will not tolerate others mistakes attitude yet expects everyone to tolerate mine while he always shifts blame

& blames others including all English because they are too sensitive, and stupidly they still support him.

Gary obviously has manipulated things and plays the cameras when he's on his own in the garden,

so quit the BS about he's backed because he is nice,& the way he plays situations is no sign of brain damage.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 AM #14

Quote:
Maybe, but did Dee force Gary to say "It's nomination time again soon" as she was leaving ?

Did anyone force him to say " No way buddie" to George when he showed he would not show tolernace to others mistakes ?

Did anyone force him to sit on the ned of the bed and stare like a stalker at Stephanie while she was hiding trying to get some privacu under the covers ?

Did anyone force him, to always blame anyone else including the classic LMAO he even said it's because English People Are Too Sensitive

The Guy is a Pig, many people who are 70 plus and who have hearing problems show far more manners and compassion to others than Gary does,with his nasty stares, his BS about being loving

& his I will not tolerate others mistakes attitude yet expects everyone to tolerate mine while he always shifts blame

& blames others including all English because they are too sensitive, and stupidly they still support him.

Gary obviously has manipulated things and plays the cameras when he's on his own in the garden,

so quit the BS about he's backed because he is nice,& the way he plays situations is no sign of brain damage.
What's the ned of the bed?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 AM #15

Quote:

When ever have we seen him say anything nasty about any of them. The staring is because he is trying to"listen" or "read" what is being said. Gary was not threatening Dee what he was telling her was that she would nominate him again and it is true. It may be her downfall though as she read it wrongly and she gave him permission to nominate him. She then went back inside and gave her part of the story, Gary just eventually went to bed and told noone.

No way buddie, he was standing up for his part of the conversation surely he can do that or should he just stay stum!! Do the others stay stum, they fight like the devil. Gosh do we have to analyse everything which is said....ok then who is the biggest........whatever!!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:21 AM #16

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:

Did Gary force Dee to call him sly? Is he not entitled to stand up for himself?

Did Gary force George to say he didn't think he would be going into an old peoples home?

Did anyone force a drunken Lauren to fall onto Gary's bed when he was asleep and wake him up.

Did anyone force Ricci to get into bed with Gary when he was asleep for ****s and giggles the first week in?

He has a false eye so he probably can't see anyone he is staring at. Yeah I guess that makes him a terrible person too right?

Get a clue.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 06-09-2014 at 12:25 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:26 AM #17
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

If Gary is sly and manipulative, as evictees seem to say, then it is more subtle than being 'in yer face' rude or nasty.

Mind you they do say he is rude as well. Lol!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 AM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
If Gary is sly and manipulative, as evictees seem to say, then it is more subtle than being 'in yer face' rude or nasty.

Mind you they do say he is rude as well. Lol!
Gary could be Satan and that still doesn't condone the behaviour we see from them towards him.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 AM #19

Quote:

if you believe that gary is rude and nasty, then you must think that some of the other housemates are primitive, uneducated, and spiteful, and I'm being polite.
1. if you think gary has a scary stare, then George's must be terrifying, and Stephanie does not appear to be scared by him. gary cannot help the way he looks, much of which, was caused by surgery he has had. the time I saw Stephanie hide under the pillow it was not for privacy, she was sniggering at james 'having a go' at gary. like a stalker, with a scary stare, grow up.

2. to say he has no tolerance to other peoples mistakes. that's all gary has shown these so called humans since he has been there. saying 'no way buddie', was his way of saying he did not agree with George. surely gary is entitled to say that he does not agree about something. at least he is polite, more than can be said for some of the other housemates.

3. if he did say to dee 'its nomination time again soon' how can that be seen as a threat. dee was having a go, gary could have been reminding her about nominations, so she could nominate him again as usual. I don't know, neither do you, so don't assume, and unless you are a neuro surgeon, you should not make sweeping statements about someones ability to function properly following brain surgery.
booboomartin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:56 AM #20

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Quote:

Sorry, but you're hilarious.

You claim Gary is so rude and nasty... and yet even though they've been in the house for nearly 3 weeks, you can only cite "2 or 3 occasions". Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Other people have already replied directly to your pathetic examples of Gary "being horrible" and shown how ridiculous you are being so I won't bother.
colin72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:11 AM #21

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

Of course they do,they don't like him as he is their biggest threat to win,he is streets ahead in his career,he is smarter and calmer than they will ever be,plus he's getting paid more,so yes they are seething and lie to discredit him,but,lol it's not workingGary to win.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM #22

I don't know that they lie. They may exaggerate to get across how strongly they feel, or it may actually be that they perceive things in a certain way.

We can see how people perceive things to be completely the opposite way from others often enough on these forums - doesn't mean anyone is lying.

I do think it's possible that Dee feels cornered when Gary starts questioning her reasons for nominating him, I think she does feel a bit threatened by him (psychologically) when he is out to "persuade" her that she is wrong.

A similar explanation could be applied to the "interruption" thing when people were already frustrated by having to stop their conversations with others to converse with Gary. It could all be in the perception.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM #23

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Poo on his hands and pees everywhere
Old 06-09-2014, 09:59 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I don't know that they lie. They may exaggerate to get across how strongly they feel, or it may actually be that they perceive things in a certain way.

We can see how people perceive things to be completely the opposite way from others often enough on these forums - doesn't mean anyone is lying.

I do think it's possible that Dee feels cornered when Gary starts questioning her reasons for nominating him, I think she does feel a bit threatened by him (psychologically) when he is out to "persuade" her that she is wrong.

A similar explanation could be applied to the "interruption" thing when people were already frustrated by having to stop their conversations with others to converse with Gary. It could all be in the perception.
I agree with this. The HM's could definitely be kinder and more patient with Gary, but the fact that they aren't doesn't mean we should always make excuses for him or see him as always in the right. It can't be that pleasant for him in there, but I believe he knows what he's doing. He's playing the game and playing it well imo.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM #25
0_o

0_o

They do tend to exaggerate a lot from what we have seen. I do think he would be horrific to live with tbh, especially in that environment.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, housemates, lie