Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
After Helen winning I think they can push any outcome to be quite honest. The public seem happy to follow
I'm afraid you're right. Helen was detested, and then the splicers and editors went to work, and the tide turned. Even Helen was amazed that she won.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:21 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
The nomination comment to Dee was rude. Him asking if she was asking for a fight was rude in a really weird way, unless I misunderstood. He does interrupt sometimes which can be seen as rude but I don't think it's too bad tbh. The way he was with David about the icepack thing was rude too, dunno why he felt the need to repeat that one icepack wasn't enough. Sometimes his language is rude, though after 19 days they should probably just accept it now that he means no malice. I have seen him push into people e.g. at the sink, and considering a few of them are mentioning it I believe it is true he does it a lot.

He's also really nice at other times, many times I believe. He's extremely kind at times where I'd expect anybody else to be really rude (and I know I would be!!) But he's not flawless, none of us are.
I don't see any of that as rude.

How does that compare to stephanie saying "thats what you get for being an arsehole" and james calling him a "freako?"

Unless we are going to claim that saying "what?" etc due to his deafness is rude then I really don't see what he has done that is rude.

I think he is probably the nicest, calmest and most tolerant housemate that has ever been in there.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:29 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
I don't see any of that as rude.

How does that compare to stephanie saying "thats what you get for being an arsehole" and james calling him a "freako?"

Unless we are going to claim that saying "what?" etc due to his deafness is rude then I really don't see what he has done that is rude.

I think he is probably the nicest, calmest and most tolerant housemate that has ever been in there.
Fair enough if that isn't rude in your opinion. Some of it isn't that bad to me either but clearly offends some people.

It doesn't "compare" to them calling him names, but that doesn't mean it's ok. James calling Gary a freako isn't so bad compared to somebody punching Gary in the face, but it doesn't mean it's ok to call him a freako.

Agree with your final sentence, and I am a Gary fan for those reasons too
Old 06-09-2014, 05:16 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
I think Gary's "bad bits" are being edited out.

Didn't Stephanie say on BOTS his fee was £500,000? If that's true BB will want to protect their investment until the final anyway.
kellie was paid £400,000. did not protect her.
booboomartin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 AM #30
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I think what it comes down to is that they just don't like him. or a lot of them don't because he just doesn't 'fit'..he doesn't want to talk about the same things, is someone they don't understand and when you don't like someone I think all of their negatives are just highlighted and that can be all that you see..and I'm sure he has many negatives so they probably feel justified and when it's a 'group feeling' it just 'feeds' really/they feed each other..anyway whatever their feelings are and wherever they have come from and however valid etc...their behaviour and reactions/actions as a 'group' have been inexcusable no matter how much any of them try to excuse them....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 AM #31

Quote:

Didn't Stephanie say on BOTS his fee was £500,000?
That was common knowledge anyway.
You want the talent its going to cost.
Gary is a big fish in a small pond.
Plebs like James are just pond scum.

Last edited by billy123; 06-09-2014 at 05:52 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:03 AM #32

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Quote:

Didn't Stephanie say on BOTS his fee was £500,000? If that's true BB will want to protect their investment until the final anyway.
Give me a break. If they wanted to manipulate things to make the best show possible they would have not have allowed the public to evict Leslie or Frenchy. Love them or hate them, they were stirring things up and were exactly the kind of housemates BB hopes for.
colin72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM #33

He's the same as all the others. An annoying twunt!
Chuckyegg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 AM #34
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords;7245565[B
]After Helen winning I think they can push any outcome to be quite honest. The public seem happy to follow
[/B]
So true
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:34 AM #35

I think Bully Elliot may have seen the most recent BB and decided to let his natural self go into the BB house thinking that {misguidedly} he could quite easily replicate Helen. Thinking that he had some likable qualities that would pull him through at the end.

The problem is- he doesn't have any!!!! For the people {posters} on here that are liking Helen to Bully Elliot they are so way off the mark and don't see it how it is, there are non so blind that they cannot see. As I have just said in a previous post in another thread, they are poles apart in their nature. Helen wasn't deliberately nasty, she reacted to people pressing her buttons- she was reactive and learnt that how she dealt with that was wrong. She had a lot of likable qualities and the British public could see that.

Bully Elliot- on the other hand- is the total opposite. Much more like Dee. He's the instigator of nastiness, and all the accusations he levels at other house mates is really him holding up a mirror to himself and seeing,subconsciously what he doesn't like about himself. He has very low self esteem. Even more so since he was kicked off Strictly and at 36 he's probably like a scared little boy. Where does he go from here? Washed up dancer-unemployable. A reputation of been a trouble maker. He is displaying all of the traits of someone who has major hang ups and anxieties. I mean, what is it with Alpha male sh!t honestly, I have never heard so much bull sh!t in all my born days and as for him trying to prove himself to be one just highlights even more how he feels threatened by everything around him.

Everything he does in there is contrived from his false chuckle- to he constant agitating - not game playing- this is how is on the outside world, just magnified. I can see him being in confrontation after confrontation after he leaves the house as I would imagine there is many a male out there that would love to knock his lights out. Shame it was Kellie in there and not Frank or we would have seen some action. Audley is too nice to put him in his place. Frank wouldn't have backed down and would have seen right through him and his opaque, plastic personality.

How many times has he said " Oh, I am intelligent" and in the same sentence said - "unlike you"? Or I am a" nice person" etc all self evaluation. What he's actually saying is " I don't like myself and I am not worthy"

My God, I have never despised such a house mate since the one that Alison Hammond was in, I can't remember the girls name but she was a DJ from Birmingham.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 AM #36

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

Cant believe anyone would believe what that vindictive cow would say,out of all the housemates ,she is the coldest and slyest and really devoid of any self awareness.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:52 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
...its quite possible that BB are planning a 'fall at the last hurdle' by clever editting and could well show Gary in this light in order to achieve a sneak win by another HM.

Similar to the clever editting that portrayed a somewhat 'redemption' story for Helen who went on to win BB15. They may well even try to push this again with James.

Lets see!
I think the bad edit toward gary has started tonight. He was shown shouting at james and they have just shown Steph saying that Gary said he was going nowhere.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
busey, gary, hms, rude, unhygienic