Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 2014 [CBB 14] Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
jegmeister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721
Default Edele - the mask is really starting to slip

first we had the "liar liar pants on fire" comment when Gary talked about Stephanie at her eviction, then there was the high-fiving, fist-pumping and hand rubbing at Gary's complaints caller in the Call Centre, then there is her poking her nose into the argument between George and Lauren, and finally her manufactured argument with Lauren about a comment that had nothing to do with her.

A few words of advice Edele - it's better to say nothing and sit in the background than reveal yourself to be nasty, spiteful and vindictive (with a very big chip on your shoulder). Your marriage broke down - it happens to a lot of people, deal with it, stop blaming everyone but yourself and feeling sorry for yourself. Self-entitlement is always an ugly thing.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Suze
Keyser Suze
 
Suze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: With Usual Suspects
Posts: 8,617


Default

I have never really seen a mask with Edele, I have always noticed her little snipes here and there, but because she is pretty boring for the most part/not one of the bigger characters in there, I think those snipes can usually go unnoticed.
__________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Razor
Big Brother Addict
 
Razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,915

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
CBB17: David Gest
BB16: Kieran
Default

Her liar liar snipe shocked and disappointed me.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Mick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Her liar liar snipe shocked and disappointed me.

I felt likewise as I really like her (still do on balance) but fear that one sentence has killed her chance.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Ellen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Highway to Hell
Posts: 3,156
Default

It was a very mean thing for her to say. Disappointed in her tbh
__________________
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Brother Leon
Senior Member
 
Brother Leon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 28,524


Default

Her and Dee were terrible in that video. When Dee was bein insulted for how she looks you didn't see Gary reacting with glee.


Edele is becoming more unlikable the more airtime she gets really.
__________________
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
rionablue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,684

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Marissa Jade
BB18: Kayleigh
CBB18: Marnie Simpson
BB17: Evelyn
Default

Gary WAS lying in all fairness when he said he would miss Stephanie. She treated him like ****, yelled at him, spouted vile comments about him to the rest of them. Edele should NOT have said what she did but she was telling the truth in a snipey way. Gary would have been better off saying 'Enjoy the rest of your life Stephanie cos I wont be seeing you again you bitch'.

I like Gary but at times he is definitely playing the housemates. He is far more capable than they think he is. If we look at Edeles journey on this series as a whole we will see she is the LEAST bitchy or backstabbing of the whole LOT OF them and I include Audley in this (whom I also love) Audley should never have risen to James's bait. When people were ganging up on both Gary and Frenchy EDELE took them both aside and explained to them in a nice way WHAT it was exactly that they were doing that the others didn't like

Nobody has taken proper time out with Gary and yes I know Edele nominated him but its for lack of hygiene more than him being in any way a bad person. Gary was genuinely interested in Edele's story when he was being the counsellor and he likes her as have all the housemates who have exited so far specially Frenchy Steph and Dee. And Frenchy wanting Edele to win was big of her in fairness even though she knew Edele nominated her.

Everyone has a good and a bad side to them and Gary is no exception. Neither is Edele. I have championed her and yes I am disappointed she said that but for Gods sake it isn't as if she was nasty to Gary in any way. In fact she has been the least bitchy to Gary for the whole time she has been in there. The same people are on here calling her vile and a bitch and making sexual comments about her and her twin (which I just think is vile) Just as the same people are on here saying that Gary is brilliant and real etc. It would take far far more than a snide comment to make me not support Edele. Herself Gary and Audley are my top three
rionablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
ThriceShy
Senior Member
 
ThriceShy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Gary WAS lying in all fairness when he said he would miss Stephanie. She treated him like ****, yelled at him, spouted vile comments about him to the rest of them. Edele should NOT have said what she did but she was telling the truth in a snipey way. Gary would have been better off saying 'Enjoy the rest of your life Stephanie cos I wont be seeing you again you bitch'.

I like Gary but at times he is definitely playing the housemates. He is far more capable than they think he is. If we look at Edeles journey on this series as a whole we will see she is the LEAST bitchy or backstabbing of the whole LOT OF them and I include Audley in this (whom I also love) Audley should never have risen to James's bait. When people were ganging up on both Gary and Frenchy EDELE took them both aside and explained to them in a nice way WHAT it was exactly that they were doing that the others didn't like

Nobody has taken proper time out with Gary and yes I know Edele nominated him but its for lack of hygiene more than him being in any way a bad person. Gary was genuinely interested in Edele's story when he was being the counsellor and he likes her as have all the housemates who have exited so far specially Frenchy Steph and Dee. And Frenchy wanting Edele to win was big of her in fairness even though she knew Edele nominated her.

Everyone has a good and a bad side to them and Gary is no exception. Neither is Edele. I have championed her and yes I am disappointed she said that but for Gods sake it isn't as if she was nasty to Gary in any way. In fact she has been the least bitchy to Gary for the whole time she has been in there. The same people are on here calling her vile and a bitch and making sexual comments about her and her twin (which I just think is vile) Just as the same people are on here saying that Gary is brilliant and real etc. It would take far far more than a snide comment to make me not support Edele. Herself Gary and Audley are my top three
So you accept Stephanie treated Gary like **** yet you don't find it odd that Edele makes such snide remarks about Gary but never made such remarks about Stephanie.

Did anyone ever criticise stephanie for the way she treated gary?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
bitontheslide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20,476

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Gary WAS lying in all fairness when he said he would miss Stephanie. She treated him like ****, yelled at him, spouted vile comments about him to the rest of them. Edele should NOT have said what she did but she was telling the truth in a snipey way. Gary would have been better off saying 'Enjoy the rest of your life Stephanie cos I wont be seeing you again you bitch'.

I like Gary but at times he is definitely playing the housemates. He is far more capable than they think he is. If we look at Edeles journey on this series as a whole we will see she is the LEAST bitchy or backstabbing of the whole LOT OF them and I include Audley in this (whom I also love) Audley should never have risen to James's bait. When people were ganging up on both Gary and Frenchy EDELE took them both aside and explained to them in a nice way WHAT it was exactly that they were doing that the others didn't like

Nobody has taken proper time out with Gary and yes I know Edele nominated him but its for lack of hygiene more than him being in any way a bad person. Gary was genuinely interested in Edele's story when he was being the counsellor and he likes her as have all the housemates who have exited so far specially Frenchy Steph and Dee. And Frenchy wanting Edele to win was big of her in fairness even though she knew Edele nominated her.

Everyone has a good and a bad side to them and Gary is no exception. Neither is Edele. I have championed her and yes I am disappointed she said that but for Gods sake it isn't as if she was nasty to Gary in any way. In fact she has been the least bitchy to Gary for the whole time she has been in there. The same people are on here calling her vile and a bitch and making sexual comments about her and her twin (which I just think is vile) Just as the same people are on here saying that Gary is brilliant and real etc. It would take far far more than a snide comment to make me not support Edele. Herself Gary and Audley are my top three
I do largely agree with you, too many comments are taken way out of proportion and faults magnified to ridiculous levels. When the insults start, well, it all can become quite unseemly.

There is a trend in behaviour though, and Edele's trend is changing, I think its to increase her profile with the final approaching, and personally, I'm not liking it, so I won't be voting for her, but I'm just one person ... and its only a game!

Last edited by bitontheslide; 07-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #10
Ellen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Highway to Hell
Posts: 3,156
Default

I dont for one minute he will miss the abuse he got off her but she had said sorry and she calmed down. I think he said he would miss her presence then added around the house which i took to mean her bouncing around the house with George and the laughs those two had. When a big character leaves it is noticed and that is what Gary was meaning imo.
How Edele knows how Gary feels about Stephanie's departure i dont know & she wasnt prepared to get what he was saying before calling him a liar She then lied to Gary about what she said to James
In the argument with Lauren last night Edele asked Lauren to clarify what she meant when Lauren said something she didnt understand but she didnt give Gary the same courtesy.
It is a shame really because i thought she was quite a nice lady who didnt let others influence her but it looks like i was wrong
__________________
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
Suze
Keyser Suze
 
Suze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: With Usual Suspects
Posts: 8,617


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I dont for one minute he will miss the abuse he got off her but she had said sorry and she calmed down. I think he said he would miss her presence then added around the house which i took to mean her bouncing around the house with George and the laughs those two had. When a big character leaves it is noticed and that is what Gary was meaning imo.
How Edele knows how Gary feels about Stephanie's departure i dont know & she wasnt prepared to get what he was saying before calling him a liar She then lied to Gary about what she said to James
In the argument with Lauren last night Edele asked Lauren to clarify what she meant when Lauren said something she didnt understand but she didnt give Gary the same courtesy.
It is a shame really because i thought she was quite a nice lady who didnt let others influence her but it looks like i was wrong
Plus I am sure in one task where they had to say who they think had improved for want of a better word, in the house, didn't Gary choose Stephanie? So Gary might well have missed Stephanie when she was evicted, and Edele has no idea what she is talking about by insinuating he is a liar.
__________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #12
Northern Monkey
Northern Monkey
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,938

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom
BB17: Jason
CBB16: Tila Tequila


Default

Tbh "Liar liar pants on fire" is'nt the worst thing i've heard said in that house.I will give her the benefit of it being one small slip up on her part for now.I don't think she's all that bad,Just Hope she does'nt prove me wrong now.Not too bothered about the other stuff.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 07-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
jaxie
Senior Member
 
jaxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,038

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Gary WAS lying in all fairness when he said he would miss Stephanie. She treated him like ****, yelled at him, spouted vile comments about him to the rest of them. Edele should NOT have said what she did but she was telling the truth in a snipey way. Gary would have been better off saying 'Enjoy the rest of your life Stephanie cos I wont be seeing you again you bitch'.

I like Gary but at times he is definitely playing the housemates. He is far more capable than they think he is. If we look at Edeles journey on this series as a whole we will see she is the LEAST bitchy or backstabbing of the whole LOT OF them and I include Audley in this (whom I also love) Audley should never have risen to James's bait. When people were ganging up on both Gary and Frenchy EDELE took them both aside and explained to them in a nice way WHAT it was exactly that they were doing that the others didn't like

Nobody has taken proper time out with Gary and yes I know Edele nominated him but its for lack of hygiene more than him being in any way a bad person. Gary was genuinely interested in Edele's story when he was being the counsellor and he likes her as have all the housemates who have exited so far specially Frenchy Steph and Dee. And Frenchy wanting Edele to win was big of her in fairness even though she knew Edele nominated her.

Everyone has a good and a bad side to them and Gary is no exception. Neither is Edele. I have championed her and yes I am disappointed she said that but for Gods sake it isn't as if she was nasty to Gary in any way. In fact she has been the least bitchy to Gary for the whole time she has been in there. The same people are on here calling her vile and a bitch and making sexual comments about her and her twin (which I just think is vile) Just as the same people are on here saying that Gary is brilliant and real etc. It would take far far more than a snide comment to make me not support Edele. Herself Gary and Audley are my top three
How can you say he was lying you don't know what was going on in his head and it's pretty unfair to presume. What I think happened was that Gary felt bad because James jumped down his throat because he observed he heard boos and he was trying to be positive and say something nice because they were giving him the cold shoulder. Gary doesn't come over as a malicious person and I don't think he bears any grudge against Stephanie in spite of her disgraceful behaviour towards him so it is perfectly feasible that he was just being positive and nice. (From a personal perspective were I Gary's position I'd have been shouting out 'Bye Bitch, don't come back' or similar stronger expletives and Edele could go **** herself if she didn't like it).

He also said after the counselling task genuinely that Edele was a lovely woman. She hasn't been as gracious towards him which is why I don't like her. I think she's been quite nasty, specially in recent days but she has been nominating him regularly also. She calls him rude all the time but I've not seen one rude thing he's said to anyone and very little retaliation to those being rude to him. To me she is influenced by keeping in with what her friends think and that shows weakness of character. I don't hate Edele, earlier on I thought she was one of the nicer housemates, but I absolutely hate the way Gary has been treated in that house and the way they have behaved. Edele isn't in any way the worst, but she is part of that behaviour and I have no respect for her. Being the LEAST bitchy in a bad crowd isn't exactly a recommendation, sorry.

Also do you not see what is wrong with the sentence I highlighted? When people were ganging up, she told Gary and Frenchy what they were doing wrong. Isn't it the ganging up itself that was wrong? If Edele had just once turned round to the others and said you know that's wrong, or that's not fair, I would have had a lot more respect for her.
__________________
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 07-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #14
sassysocks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,018
Default

Tbh - she is getting on my nerves. Fed up with hearing about her broken marriage. It is a common situation faced by many every day.

Maybe if her marriage meant more to her than fame and fortune she would be outside in talking to him about it instead of inside the house boring the British public with it - just a sympathy ploy.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
rionablue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,684

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Marissa Jade
BB18: Kayleigh
CBB18: Marnie Simpson
BB17: Evelyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
So you accept Stephanie treated Gary like **** yet you don't find it odd that Edele makes such snide remarks about Gary but never made such remarks about Stephanie.

Did anyone ever criticise stephanie for the way she treated gary?
Edele has never confronted Gary in a horrible vicious way and has never bitched about him as badly as the rest have. Edele had no gripes with Stephanie. Yes the remark was out of line but Gary wasn't telling the truth. Of COURSE he wont miss that blonde bitch
rionablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #16
Marsh.
Observer
 
Marsh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 72,093


Default

Mask slipped, true colours, real self etc etc etc....

Such bollocks. People tend to be three dimensional, all this 'true colours' rubbish, people aren't 100% nice or nasty. We all have 'sides'.

Last edited by Marsh.; 07-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Pete.
Can I get a witness?
 
Pete.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38,898

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
BB19: Zoe
IAC2018: Fleur East
Strictly 2018: Faye Tozer


Default

Let Edele live, is there anyone good left?
__________________
Pete. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #18
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.
 
Mystic Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: with joeysteele.
Posts: 43,450
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Nick
BBCanada 7: Maki
BB19: Hussain
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto


Default

Tbh the Gary stuff while nasty I can definitely handle it from Edele, what I can't handle from her though is when she's crying about her divorce almost every highlight show, and she always does it during moments where she knows that the cameras will be on her.
__________________
The Quadtastic Shows - Sonic Boom, Dark, Mindhunter, Revisions
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
jegmeister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Gary WAS lying in all fairness when he said he would miss Stephanie. She treated him like ****, yelled at him, spouted vile comments about him to the rest of them. Edele should NOT have said what she did but she was telling the truth in a snipey way. Gary would have been better off saying 'Enjoy the rest of your life Stephanie cos I wont be seeing you again you bitch'.

I like Gary but at times he is definitely playing the housemates. He is far more capable than they think he is. If we look at Edeles journey on this series as a whole we will see she is the LEAST bitchy or backstabbing of the whole LOT OF them and I include Audley in this (whom I also love) Audley should never have risen to James's bait. When people were ganging up on both Gary and Frenchy EDELE took them both aside and explained to them in a nice way WHAT it was exactly that they were doing that the others didn't like

Nobody has taken proper time out with Gary and yes I know Edele nominated him but its for lack of hygiene more than him being in any way a bad person. Gary was genuinely interested in Edele's story when he was being the counsellor and he likes her as have all the housemates who have exited so far specially Frenchy Steph and Dee. And Frenchy wanting Edele to win was big of her in fairness even though she knew Edele nominated her.

Everyone has a good and a bad side to them and Gary is no exception. Neither is Edele. I have championed her and yes I am disappointed she said that but for Gods sake it isn't as if she was nasty to Gary in any way. In fact she has been the least bitchy to Gary for the whole time she has been in there. The same people are on here calling her vile and a bitch and making sexual comments about her and her twin (which I just think is vile) Just as the same people are on here saying that Gary is brilliant and real etc. It would take far far more than a snide comment to make me not support Edele. Herself Gary and Audley are my top three
No, he wasn't . You obviously didn't hear properly. He said she would be missed - her presence would be missed ie by the House. Nothing to do with what he thought. As usual, James, Edele and co twist it to suit their own prejudices about him.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
edele, mask, slip, starting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts