Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 09-09-2014, 06:11 PM #1

Favourites:
BB15: Pavandeep
X Factor 2012: Christopher Maloney

Favourites:
Default Something about Monkeyhoops

Wonder if anyone caught that bizzare bit of gibberish Gary came out with last night.Very random.
johnx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:15 PM #2
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Rectangle monkey hoops are alive.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 PM #3
cancelled

cancelled

Default arrogance

here the arrogant gary dismissed other hm's 'you would not understand'

without any attempt to explain

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:20 PM #4

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Thank you.Was laughing so much I forgot what it was.Says it all as far as Im concerned.
johnx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 PM #5
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
The random things are always the funniest
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:02 PM #6
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Gary just cracks me up.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 PM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew

a lot of what he says doesn't make sense to me, it's like he's living in his own crazy world.
Sophiee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM #8

It was obvious what he meant
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:15 PM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Cant put a square peg in a round hole, was my understanding
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 PM #10
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

I don't get it tbh, but very random!

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiee View Post
a lot of what he says doesn't make sense to me, it's like he's living in his own crazy world.
In 1917 WOLFGANG KOHLER carried out pioneering work on testing Monkeys intelligence. The standard test involved confronting them with a desirable 'prize' ie; bananas, which were not directly available. The monkeys had to figure out which one of several alternative pathways would lead them to the prize. Subsequent, more difficult, tests involved the use of tools or apparatus to overcome various obstacles in order to reach the prize. One such test even involved a chasm with the bananas on the far side, and the only way over was via a pair of gymnastic type hanging rings; the monkey had to swing over the chasm - something they quickly learnt to do quite easily. In 1954 other scientists in Frankfurt picked up on Kohler's work and built upon it. In a series of tests they substituted the traditional round hanging rings for square ones. To this day, no monkey has ever swung across the chasm. In fact most subjects will not even entertain the square rings and point blank refuse to try. Research is still ongoing as to the reasons for this.

I can only guess that Gary was alluding to " rectangle monkey hoops" as a way to rationalise to himself as to just why the(bullying) house-mates just point blank refuse to accept him or his love or friendship (won't grasp the rectangular hoops). I think also, that he used this analogy because he truly believes that by them not even entertaining his repeated attempts of friendship and comradeship, the HM's were denying themselves all the many ways his friendship could enrich their lives (missing out on the prize).

Gary is not as crazy as his detractors want to make out; he is a deeply intelligent spiritual person with a very expansive knowledge base - the results of his quite 'child-like' enquiring mind. I believe Gary has damaged the left hemisphere of the cerebrum,. where the areas for speech production - Broca's area - and comprehension - Wernick's area - are located, because there is certainly nothing wrong with his complex thought processes.

Anyway, I just thought that all those wondering what 'gibberish' Gary was spouting might find this interesting.

Gary To Win - Rectangle Mokey Hoops, Dangly Bits And All.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 09-09-2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 PM #12
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
In 1917 WOLFGANG KOHLER carried out pioneering work on testing Monkeys intelligence. The standard test involved confronting them with a desirable 'prize' ie; bananas, which were not directly available. The monkeys had to figure out which one of several alternative pathways would lead them to the prize. Subsequent, more difficult, tests involved the use of tools or apparatus to overcome various obstacles in order to reach the prize. One such test even involved a chasm with the bananas on the far side, and the only way over was via a pair of gymnastic type hanging rings; the monkey had to swing over the chasm - something they quickly learnt to do quite easily. In 1954 other scientists in Frankfurt picked up on Kohler's work and built upon it. In a series of tests they substituted the traditional round hanging rings for square ones. To this day, no monkey has ever swung across the chasm. In fact most subjects will not even entertain the square rings and point blank refuse to try. Research is still ongoing as to the reasons for this.

I can only guess that Gary was alluding to " rectangle monkey hoops" as a way to rationalise to himself as to just why the(bullying) house-mates just point blank refuse to accept him or his love or friendship. I think also, that he used this analogy because he truly believes that by them not even entertaining his repeated attempts of friendship and comradeship, the HM's were denying themselves all the many ways his friendship could enrich their lives.

Gary is not as crazy as his detractors want to make out; he is a deeply intelligent spiritual person with a very expansive knowledge base - the results of his quite 'child-like' enquiring mind. I believe Gary has damaged the left hemisphere of the cerebrum,. where the areas for speech production - Broca's area - and comprehension - Wernick's area - are located, because there is certainly nothing wrong with his complex thought processes.

Anyway, I just thought that all those wondering what 'gibberish' Gary was spouting might find this interesting.

Holy cow, that is really freaking smart! Never realised actually how intellectual Gary is.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
Holy cow, that is really freaking smart! Never realised actually how intellectual Gary is.
I could go on about how intellectual and knowledgable Gary is, which is why I think the bullying HM's have missed out on all those fabulous hours of chat with him. He is brain-damaged despite what they say, and a little tolerance and patience with him would have reaped massive rewards - in my opinion. May the cosmos bless you - from your loving brother Gary.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:44 PM #14

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
here the arrogant gary dismissed other hm's 'you would not understand'

without any attempt to explain

Mark L

I can only guess that Gary was alluding to " rectangle monkey hoops" as a way to rationalise to himself as to just why the(bullying) house-mates just point blank refuse to accept him or his love or friendship (won't grasp the rectangular hoops). I think also, that he used this analogy because he truly believes that by them not even entertaining his repeated attempts of friendship and comradeship, the HM's were denying themselves all the many ways his friendship could enrich their lives (missing out on the prize).

Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

That was very interesting. Thanks.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzled View Post
That was very interesting. Thanks.
Thank you

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
monkeyhoops