Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-09-2014, 01:56 PM #1
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Default James Jordan: I'm not a bully!

James Jordan: I'm not a bully!

Quote:
Did you feel Gary won because it might have looked liked you all ganged up on him?

I don't know. Even my wife Ola said I bullied Gary! Honestly, that's wasn't true. I don't know what you've seen. He spat everywhere, I wiped up when he pxxxed. I even showered that man and saw things a man of my age shouldn't have to see just to help him out. I hate bullies and I know I'm not a bully.

It sounds a bit like living with an ape in a sanctuary.

As George said, we weren't in there to be a baby sitters. But I helped him because I felt sorry for the guy. That said, when he was rude, of course I was going to say "Don't be rude to me." He could be incredible unpleasant and it wasn't funny.

Any further thoughts on being the Brad Pitt of the dance world...

Oh dear. It was never my intention to say seriously I was the Brad Pitt of the dance world. That will be hanging over me for the rest of my life! Again it was my humour that was misunderstood.

Do you regret anything you've ever said....

No! What are people going to do? Sue me for my opinions?

Are you trying to be a male Katie Hopkins with your controversial views?

Not really. If people ask me for my opinion, I'm happy to give it. Take Strictly. I think the show would be better with a man and a woman presenting it. That isn't taking anything away from the brilliance of Claudia. She's witty and clever. But I loved the way, Brucie came down and danced with Tess. A man and a woman can dance elegantly together around the floor and that is what the show is about, after all. That's just my opinion.

You also said, some of the dancers are a bit beige...

It's true.

Now you aren't on Strictly. What's next for you....

(Laughs) Believe it or not, I'd love to get into presenting. I'm too quirky for the BBC but there is a show for me out there. All I need is someone to believe in me as much as I beleive in myself.
Source

Damn!!!!!. even Ola says James bullied Gary but this tw*t still doesn't see it.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 02:28 PM #2
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

So saying 'i'm the brad pitt of the dance world' was yet another one of James's 'jokes' then ?

There was nothing at the time to indicate it was a joke, no humour in his tone, nor in the conversation at any point. If anything - James seemed fairly heated when trying to explain to Gary about his 'brad pitt' status and dancing achievements.

Strange how whenever someone later picks up on something James says that's either embarrassing or rude - it just so happens he was 'only joking'.

hmmmm...
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 02:35 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

If it was a joke, he should have said haha.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 02:47 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
So saying 'i'm the brad pitt of the dance world' was yet another one of James's 'jokes' then ?

There was nothing at the time to indicate it was a joke, no humour in his tone, nor in the conversation at any point. If anything - James seemed fairly heated when trying to explain to Gary about his 'brad pitt' status and dancing achievements.

Strange how whenever someone later picks up on something James says that's either embarrassing or rude - it just so happens he was 'only joking'.

hmmmm...
Honesty and humour are great characteristic's for any human to have but to use them as a justification for his behaviours is shallow and sad.

RE The Brad Pitt comment he meant it and Gary did him with just four words "Who told you that"......super honk.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 02:47 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ash
UBB: Victor

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ash
UBB: Victor

God help his parents if they ever get old and needy,he'll soon have them shipped of to the old peoples home,he wants to be careful,no one know's what's round the corner one small accident,he could end up needing help just to do every day things people take for granted
Old 13-09-2014, 02:53 PM #6

Quote:
Even my wife Ola said I bullied Gary!
Well, if most of the british public said you bullied gary and now your own wife says that you bullied him, then perhaps it is time to accept that you bullied him.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 03:02 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BB15: Christopher
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):
BB15: Christopher
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
We cant be all wrong!
Old 13-09-2014, 03:58 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberface View Post
We cant be all wrong!
Quite right, as our politicians prove.

Actually I don't think he was a bully - but I think Gabrielle was spot on in calling them "gits".
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 04:27 PM #9

You don't think he was a bully but his wife thought he was Hmm - enough said.

Unemployable cya on benefit street with the other piece of work Meatloaf Dee. Maybe they could do a sitcom together The Bullies of Benefit Street.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 04:34 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You don't think he was a bully but his wife thought he was Hmm - enough said.

Unemployable cya on benefit street with the other piece of work Meatloaf Dee. Maybe they could do a sitcom together The Bullies of Benefit Street.
Yep, I don't define bully the same way apparently, and maybe Gary and BB doesn't either?

I'm with a lot of other people in thinking that if you overuse the "bully" card you do a great disservice to those that are being bullied.

If Gary was genuinely being bullied then what were people doing watching it and not trying getting the program shut down?

I'm speaking as one that has been bullied and has seen bullying going on and stepped in to get it stopped, but I don't claim to be an expert.
Old 13-09-2014, 04:37 PM #11
@ChasingTheGhost

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
@ChasingTheGhost

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Old 13-09-2014, 04:50 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Yep, I don't define bully the same way apparently, and maybe Gary and BB doesn't either?

I'm with a lot of other people in thinking that if you overuse the "bully" card you do a great disservice to those that are being bullied.

If Gary was genuinely being bullied then what were people doing watching it and not trying getting the program shut down?

I'm speaking as one that has been bullied and has seen bullying going on and stepped in to get it stopped, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Read this and then come back to me and see if you don't recognise his behavior in at least two of them. Sorry to hear that you were bullied and I understand what you are saying but as the article states there are so many different types of bully - I am guessing that you suffered the one that we all know?

For me it was a clear sign of bullying. He was a leader of a pack that laughed, belittled. ostracised, ridiculed a guest to this country. It was a concerted effort by two house bullies with different ways of operating to try and get him to crack. Both of these people were warned about their behavior and told in no uncertain terms that they had to change. Notice how early on in the program Bully Elliot started to 'reluctantly' help him. Not through choice. Meatloaf Dee was the same. On both occasions the ensuing help was begrudging and false.

So- clearly you bullying must have been more of the direct physical type? But for you not to recognise the above as bullying surprises me. Just to reiterate- BB did step into stop the abuse of an old man with lots of problems, the Daily Star did run a top saying the ' Most hated man in Britain" - His wife has come out and said he did bully Gary. Ofcom did receive hundreds of complaints about his mistreatment. How much evidence do you want? Oh and a large swathe of Britain thought the same.

Anyway, here you go the 6 types of bullying.

http://bullying.about.com/od/Basics/...f-Bullying.htm

Last edited by delta; 13-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 04:52 PM #13
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

'too quirky for the BBC'

interesting synonym for unknown, uninteresting, unpleasant and untalented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 04:55 PM #14
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):

He was quite decent to Gary actions wise though.
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 04:55 PM #15

@Delta

I've read all the types of bullying - you can get them to fit all kinds of situations where people are being negative about others and in conflict with them. You have to take different things into account.

I do see why you feel that definition might fit, and I'm not trying to dissuade you.

I'll never understand why people would watch this program night after night if they thought bullying was going on - it's one thing to gossip and rant about it on a forum but that's hardly really stopping bullying.

So perhaps the "bullying" wasn't that bad after all?

Last edited by Tip; 13-09-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:11 PM #16

Presenting.......nobody wants to even see your face on TV again let alone have a speaking part.
Just go back to your teaching job where you can tell people what to do to your hearts content.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 05:17 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creggle View Post
He was quite decent to Gary actions wise though.

Sorry no way was he decent, he pretended to help him and to bully him and then he went out and made fun of him. He didnt continue it though when Audley sat in the room with Gary, he began but then left it to Audley to talk to Gary. This was when DEE asked EDELLE and GEORGE to be quiet because Gary couldnt hear, Gary then got all the flack because he said they liked being loud. Then we get the overvamped performance of Edelle victimising herself, George telling Gary that he had been rude but hey ho off we go and off they went. Who was it Edelle was chatting to with a raised voice and telling them to be quiet etc. etc. but as she said Gary was easy pickings. Pot calling Kettle black or is it the other way around.

James was a bully and a coward in the face of Gary getting support from Audley. For one reason or another Lauren began to see the light, perhaps it was Audley putting her right and trying to get her out of the grip of that idiot DEE.

Last edited by Jules2; 13-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 05:20 PM #18

Quote:
@Delta

I've read all the types of bullying - you can get them to fit all kinds of situations where people are being negative about others and in conflict with them. You have to take different things into account.

I do see why you feel that definition might fit, and I'm not trying to dissuade you.

I'll never understand why people would watch this program night after night if they thought bullying was going on - it's one thing to gossip and rant about it on a forum but that's hardly really stopping bullying.

So perhaps the "bullying" wasn't that bad after all?
Many wrote to Offwat, there was also a Society who intervened, did it stop no. Dee got away threatening to smash his head in (or something to that effect) James got away with all his nasty inuendos, the worst one being to say that Gary should be in a dog pen. These are facts but nothing was done.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:21 PM #19
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
Wanderer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Sorry no way was he decent, he pretended to help him and to bully him and then he went out and made fun of him. He didnt continue it though when Audley sat in the room with Gary, he began but then left it to Audley to talk to Gary. This was when DEE asked EDELLE and GEORGE to be quiet because Gary coudnt hear, Gary then got all the flack because he said they liked being loud. Then we get the overvamped performance of Edelle victimising herself, George telling Gary that he had been rude but hey ho off we go and off they went. Who was it Edelle was chatting to with a raised voice and telling them to be quiet etc. etc. but as she said Gary was easy pickings. Pot calling Kettle black or is it the other way around.

James was a bully and a coward in the face of Gary getting support from Audley. For one reason or another Lauren began to see the light, perhaps it was Audley putting her right and trying to get her out of the grip of that idiot DEE.
He still did alot for Gary
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 05:24 PM #20

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I didn't see anyone else helping Gary into the shower, apart from James and Audley, i didn't see anyone participate in deep conversation with Gary apart from James and Audley, i didn't see any sort of bullying whatsoever, just a group of people who had a justifiable disdain for one person because of their behaviour, James might have bitched and moaned about Gary behind his back, but that doesn't and shouldn't take away from everything he did for Gary, if it was truly bullying, something would have been done about it.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:24 PM #21

Quote:

I have been watching it since the beginning and have come to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to have it closed down, perhaps some should look into it for the sake of the oncoming youngsters. There are many who think the same and if they arent careful it will come to fruition.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:28 PM #22

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

George kinda had a point with his comment that they weren't in there to be baby sitters. They were all paid to be entertainers for 4 weeks, not take care of an old man. Sure they all need to take care of each other anyway, although the help and assistance needed to live with Gary none of them signed up for. I know I would have gotten annoyed living with Gary when that wasn't stated in my contract.

I blame the producers tbh for allowing a man with mental disabilities into the house.
Jamesy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 05:28 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I didn't see anyone else helping Gary into the shower, apart from James and Audley, i didn't see anyone participate in deep conversation with Gary apart from James and Audley, i didn't see any sort of bullying whatsoever, just a group of people who had a justifiable disdain for one person because of their behaviour, James might have bitched and moaned about Gary behind his back, but that doesn't and shouldn't take away from everything he did for Gary, if it was truly bullying, something would have been done about it.
If someone does something for anyone it should be done with a good heart and not with the intention of going outside and stirring the pot for this is what James did. When he went into the DR he moreorless told them that Gary was going to be ostricised but they were clever and gave him credit for something which he didnt deserve. They then asked him to make sure Gary wasnt, thus he began his preaching, preening but continued his spuddling.

Last edited by Jules2; 13-09-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:30 PM #24

Quote:
Many wrote to Offwat, there was also a Society who intervened, did it stop no. Dee got away threatening to smash his head in (or something to that effect) James got away with all his nasty inuendos, the worst one being to say that Gary should be in a dog pen. These are facts but nothing was done.

These "facts" didn't stop people watching it all night after night - they don't want BBs viewing figures to be affected or something?

BB had stated that they were monitoring the situation regarding Gary, and did warn Stephanie for bullying.

I'm saying that without the full picture of what is going on, maybe it really wasn't quite the way some people are interpreting it.

I didn't see it as bullying but I do accept that people were being nasty "gits".

Don't support the program if you think it is permitting bullying?

Edited to add: I wrote this without seeing a post above. If you are now "thinking" about not watching this program I guess that's something, but do you regret watching this series now?

Last edited by Tip; 13-09-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 13-09-2014, 05:31 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If someone does something for anyone it should be done with a good heart and not with the intention of going outside and stirring the pot for this is what James did. When he went into the DR he moreorless told them that Gary was going to be ostricised but they were clever and gave him credit for something which he didnt deserve. They then asked him to make sure Gary wasnt, thus he began his preaching, preening but continued his spuddling.
A good thing is a good thing, in my eyes it makes him an even better man for going out of his way to help someone he didn't like tbh.

Last edited by Liam-; 13-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bully, james, jordan