Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 29-05-2007, 03:29 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Divina

Taken From The Official Website

"I want to laugh, laugh, laugh until I pee my pants," she says.

Davina McCall has been the face of Big Brother since the beginning, back in 2000. The 39-year-old has been there to help every single Housemate into the House, and grill each one as they come out.

Despite having three babies throughout the series - she even presented last year's finale while eight months pregnant - Davina is still at the helm - and loving every minute.

"When I first did Big Brother I thought it was just another gig," she confesses. "But as time's gone by, it's become bigger and bigger. What I like about it is that it's about the people in the house, not about the people who host it. But I also think being in the house is no longer a stepping-stone to fame. It's become less and less about that. I think people have realised that once you're an ex-Big Brother housemate, you're tarnished."

Having talked to the Housemates through every laugh, tear and eviction, Davina knows more about the rollercoaster rides the Housemates take than most. So who's pulled at her heartstrings over the years? "Nadia winning was a very emotional one for me," she says. "Brian winning - that was great. The bedsit where the girls were living, the box task, Pete Burns, George Galloway and Rula Lenska. There have been so many amazing, amazing moments." And if you could have one wish for this Big Brother, what would it be? "I want to laugh, laugh, laugh until I pee my pants." Let's hope it doesn't get that funny.

As the weekly host, all eyes are on Davina. And if it's not her steady stream of babies that's kept viewers glued, it's her outfits. Says Davina: "AJ is my stylist, and she's brilliant! She comes up with outfits that she thinks I might wear, and it's stuff that I wouldn't necessarily be brave enough to wear on my own or when I go out. I live in the country, so I'm always in jeans and a t-shirt. So to have someone say 'Try a hat' or 'Try a cape' is quite fun. It's like dressing up."

This year Davina will be back to welcome the Housemates at the Live Launch Show, egg on the crowd at the Live Eviction Shows and quiz the Housemates as they are evicted. And this year Davina will also be on our screens every Sunday night, presenting a brand new hour-long psychology show Big Brother On The Couch. Hasn't she had her Big Bro fill by now? "Big Brother is an ongoing joy," she smiles. "And I'm very, very lucky to be hosting it."
Chanelle2win is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
divina