Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 27-01-2016, 09:53 AM #1

Default Why Gemma is being attacked

Most people dislike her because she is cheating and is lazy, greedy, selfish, mean spirited and unkind ....a huge amount of people have spent the last three weeks hi lighting this huge injustice against the other housemates and against the paying public...but these rational and frustrated observations about Gemma have mostly been met with lies, excuses, insults, accusations, cover ups and sometimes bans for those who complain that it's unfair and hypocrisy ....people refuse to accept the mountain of proof that confirm that she is lazy, selfish and greedy....if she is allowed to cheat, lie and skive by big brother then people are left with no where to put that resentment...she makes herself hated but she is at the same time made untouchable with the help of others and with the help of big brother
We are not allowed to reach her because she is being protected by enablers who make it possible for her to get away with it. If all the proof that she is greedy and lazy and selfish is not good enough then the only form of attack remaining is her weight because no lies, insults and cover ups can deny the fact that she def is fat....and a part of the reason for that is because she is bone idle and lazy and greedy
I dislike her because she is unkind to others and is being protected from any accountability for it but mostly I dislike her, and big brothers protection of her, for making me so angry and leaving me with no where to channel it
I have no sympathy for her and any over weight people will hopefully realise what this is about ....it's just a hook to try and reach her, it's not an attack on them.
If a gay housemate behaved so appallingly, yet was made untouchable, then insults about the fact that they are gay would become people's last resort....I am gay and I totally would understand what that is and I would not take it personally and I would not be offended.
Now we have the victim card and I think its all a bit too convenient ....we have been played .....or should I say goaded and provoked.

Last edited by hot2go; 27-01-2016 at 09:54 AM.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 09:57 AM #2

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
Most people dislike her because she is cheating and is lazy, greedy, selfish, mean spirited and unkind ....a huge amount of people have spent the last three weeks hi lighting this huge injustice against the other housemates and against the paying public...but these rational and frustrated observations about Gemma have mostly been met with lies, excuses, insults, accusations, cover ups and sometimes bans for those who complain that it's unfair and hypocrisy ....people refuse to accept the mountain of proof that confirm that she is lazy, selfish and greedy....if she is allowed to cheat, lie and skive by big brother then people are left with no where to put that resentment...she makes herself hated but she is at the same time made untouchable with the help of others and with the help of big brother
We are not allowed to reach her because she is being protected by enablers who make it possible for her to get away with it. If all the proof that she is greedy and lazy and selfish is not good enough then the only form of attack remaining is her weight because no lies, insults and cover ups can deny the fact that she def is fat....and a part of the reason for that is because she is bone idle and lazy and greedy
I dislike her because she is unkind to others and is being protected from any accountability for it but mostly I dislike her, and big brothers protection of her, for making me so angry and leaving me with no where to channel it
I have no sympathy for her and any over weight people will hopefully realise what this is about ....it's just a hook to try and reach her, it's not an attack on them.
If a gay housemate behaved so appallingly, yet was made untouchable, then insults about the fact that they are gay would become people's last resort....I am gay and I totally would understand what that is and I would not take it personally and I would not be offended.
Now we have the victim card and I think its all a bit too convenient ....we have been played .....or should I say goaded and provoked.
I think that we get that you don't like Gemma Collins.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 10:03 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I think that we get that you don't like Gemma Collins.
This is more about rational reasons why people are attacking her but I know you're not interested in those so I can't imagine why you're responding to be honest.....let's not waste your time and mine eh ?
Old 27-01-2016, 10:05 AM #4

The reason I dislike her as a housemate is because she doesn't throw herself into the tasks, it's something that really bugs me (especially on CBB since they're getting paid). And the reason I don't really like her as a person is, just her general personality to be honest. And I find her arrogance really off putting. But she does bring some entertainment and I don't hate her or anything. I don't mind her being in there, I just really wouldn't like her to win.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 10:10 AM #5
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I'm torn on this I she has brought a lot to the show but in terms of being in the BB house and playing by BB rules which is allegedly the whole point of the experience I dislike it that she appears to be in control of BB rather than the other way round
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 10:11 AM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:04 AM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
This is more about rational reasons why people are attacking her but I know you're not interested in those so I can't imagine why you're responding to be honest.....let's not waste your time and mine eh ?
I don't think going on about her weight is that rational tbh, it smacks of obsession.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 27-01-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:04 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I'm torn on this I she has brought a lot to the show but in terms of being in the BB house and playing by BB rules which is allegedly the whole point of the experience I dislike it that she appears to be in control of BB rather than the other way round
I find it kind of amusing that she seems to have BB by the short and curlies, they just don't seem to know what to do with her.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 27-01-2016, 11:19 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I don't think she is in control of BB - they would never let that happen. I think it is simply that they see her as good for their show. She is providing entertainment, talking points, action, a lot of interest in her shenanigans. I'd say they are loving her refusal of tasks, etc, for lets face it, there isn't really any big storylines in there apart from the cheating Steph and the fawning Jeremy, which is a total snoozefest.
They aren't letting her control them, they are using her and her actions for viewing figures, it's what it's all about. Of course they aren't going to punish her and tell her she'll be removed if she does it again....Gemma IS the show so far.
Maybe now that the lovely Tiff is stepping it up...
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:21 AM #10

I think you are making excuses for targeting her weight. I agree with the fact that she has got away with murder. However that does not give any excuse to call her names relating to her size...equally if you were in the house as a gay man and you annoyed me for getting away with so much...how cruel and unacceptable would it be for me to ostracise you on your sexuality.
What you say is ridiculous....she is simply lazy,idle and spoilt.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:25 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I find it kind of amusing that she seems to have BB by the short and curlies, they just don't seem to know what to do with her.
You call it amusing......I call it theft ....a long with many other people who have spent their money believing there favourite house mate has a chance of winning when the reality is that Gemma is actually cheating.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:38 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You call it amusing......I call it theft ....a long with many other people who have spent their money believing there favourite house mate has a chance of winning when the reality is that Gemma is actually cheating.
That's debatable as it could be said she is doing it to entertain. Yet you don't mind Steph cheating on her boyfriend as I have seen you actively encourage it- for entertainment purposes.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:10 PM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....hmmmm, just to play devil's advocate here....I can kind of see some of the points that hot2go is making...(although I don't think that being offensive/abusive etc about weight or anything at all physical in a housemate is ever necessary for any reason..)...but in the house, what has often been seen is 'lazy', Gemma DOESN'T DO TASKS, she'll get out of bed when she wants to, thank you very much, she likes people to do things for her...so what we see is a 'lazy person' and an avoiding person to do anything/or as little as possible and as she can get way with....it's not really comparable to things like 'if it was a gay person' like someone said because sexuality isn't a choice..(although obviously it would also when describing a character, to comment about their sexuality also...like you gay whatever, or you fat whatever..)....but with things like obesity/being overweight..we're often told by medical people that there is no reason why someone should be greatly overweight, other than over-eating and lack of exercise...(I personally don't think it's that simple and think there are often deep insecurities and self esteem/self worth issues as well....)....but constantly medical people themselves are saying...'it's that simple/over eating/lack of exercise'...so they're reinforcing all of the time and through media as well that 'overweight=lazy'..and then when displays of 'lazy' are seen from a housemate..and what is seen is a visual fitting a personality.../hmmmm well.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:12 PM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...but I do agree that you're getting a bit obsessive though hot2go and we're getting worried about you, so time to give it up now.....

Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:32 PM #15
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Women like her should stay dressed at all times

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:40 PM #16
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I personally just don't like her character, but then, I don't like any of them this series. None of them are endearing at all.

As to her refusing to do the tasks, I think its irrelevant. The tasks have become pointless drivel, so why would BB care if she refused to take part. If she gets the votes to save, it doesn't matter if she gets put up for eviction. No recent celeb series have been without plenty food and booze every night, as that is what causes the conflicts. BB therefore have no reason to limit it and punish them.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:46 PM #17

REALLY someone thinks Gemma is hard done by.OK we're all entitled to our own opinion I suppose.

Gemma again got out of a task by claiming to be ill.I notice Steph was ill earlier layed up in bed before she was upset over Jez yet she still did the Gillian what's her name task.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:48 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don't think she is in control of BB - they would never let that happen. I think it is simply that they see her as good for their show. She is providing entertainment, talking points, action, a lot of interest in her shenanigans. I'd say they are loving her refusal of tasks, etc, for lets face it, there isn't really any big storylines in there apart from the cheating Steph and the fawning Jeremy, which is a total snoozefest.
They aren't letting her control them, they are using her and her actions for viewing figures, it's what it's all about. Of course they aren't going to punish her and tell her she'll be removed if she does it again....Gemma IS the show so far.
Maybe now that the lovely Tiff is stepping it up...
It is great to see people pointing out Gemma Collins redeeming qualities and I use that word lightly. If I remember correctly you always saw the good in Helen Wood
RockBottom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:54 PM #19

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
That's debatable as it could be said she is doing it to entertain. Yet you don't mind Steph cheating on her boyfriend as I have seen you actively encourage it- for entertainment purposes.
I am not entertained by Steph wanting to be with Jeremy, I am just not against it....I don't think it is any more entertaining than Gemma always clinging to Christopher......but I like Jeremy a lot and I like Steph and I find their personalities entertaining, I think she is funny and I think he is a really laid back and friendly guy ....I dislike Stephs boyfriend a great deal so I actually think Steph would be better off with Jeremy....anyone young going in the BB house know exactly what it's about, and so do anyone's partners.... it would be very naive to think otherwise.
Steph cheating on her boyfriend is non of my business and I have not judged her for it since it started, maybe because I had seen what a cold arrogant guy her other half is....I just be wish her to be happy, I really don't care about him.
But Gemma cheating is very much my business, because I have spent money believing this to be a competition, I also invested many hours of time supporting the show....I think BB are a disgrace for allowing Gemma to opt out of everything since day one and to leave the house many times....I think she should have been punished for refusing to do tasks and she should have been evicted for leaving and breaking the fire doors open twice
She is a thief, her cheating since day one has robbed the viewers who have spent their money and who are told it's a fair game....it is fraud
Old 27-01-2016, 12:55 PM #20
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Women like her should stay dressed at all times
Men like you should just stay away from beaches then

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:55 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
It is great to see people pointing out Gemma Collins redeeming qualities and I use that word lightly. If I remember correctly you always saw the good in Helen Wood
OMG NO! You don't remember correctly, I couldn't stand Helen Wood.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:58 PM #22
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Men like you should just stay away from beaches then
I don't go to the beach

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:59 PM #23
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
I don't go to the beach
Or swimming pools for that matter

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 01:00 PM #24

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

WHY IS SHE BEING ATTACKED.

Cause she's a big fat loudmouthed beast.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 01:01 PM #25
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post