Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Old 20-01-2016, 07:27 AM #26
It's Like I'm Burnt Out

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BBCanada 9: Victoria

It's Like I'm Burnt Out

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BBCanada 9: Victoria

"The Only Eight"

After finding more survivors; Camilla, Zhane, and Phoenix set off to find more survivors and find the safe haven that Camilla’s father Richard had talked about in Ghosted – Chapter 6. Elijah, Cooper, Désiree, and T.J. also have the determination to do the same thing. In Chapter 2, they find Cooper’s little brother Sora; as he was trying to hide from zombies. Zhane, decides to find a shelter with food for the group; but ends up finding more survivors. As the group has found and befriended these survivors, Désiree comes to realise that these other survivors are in-fact; rebel survivors. The tension between the two groups comes to a climactic shoot-out in Chapter 8, with fatal consequences. In the end, the group finally does find a safe house; owned by T.J.’s great aunt, Felicity. This is the continuation of the story…

…Since the group watched Zhane’s video and congratulated him on coming out, the group had done a lot more hunting. In the midst of zombies, they are finding another person; but the group is worried that he or she could be already dead or infected. Who will they find and could the person they find be related to Cooper? And now, chapter two of part two…

It is the 3rd week of the group’s journey to the safe haven, whilst Camilla is trying to talk with Richard over SMS; the rest of the group were either tending to the fire or out killing deer and zombies. Whilst out hunting, T.J., Zhane, Désiree, and Elijah see a pair of human legs off in the distance. They run over to the legs, only to find two people alive and well. One of them is Phoenix’s longtime friend Christa whilst the other is Sora, Cooper’s little brother.

Heyo, it’s your man Cooper! Well, my brother was found by Teej, Zhane, Dési, and Elijah earlier. I am so happy they found him, but I am wondering who he was with… Who? I have no *******ing clue. Oh, Phoenix just told me that the other person that was with Sora was her friend Christa.

Phoenix, how does this thing work? Oh, okay. Hi Guys! I’m Christa, and well; Phoenix and I have been friends for a long time and I am so happy to see her. We even exchanged kisses earlier. Could this mean that we might have the start of a relationship now that Noel is gone? I don’t know, but I can sense those feelings bubbling up in me.

Phoenix here, and I am excited to see Christa and we got to exchange kisses; and… we almost had- yeah. I know what you’re thinking. Anyway, I have to go see what everyone else is doing.

The group later left their current campsite to go to another before the horde reaches them again. Overtime, Elijah had begun vomiting the food that was made earlier in the day. T.J. thought it was just the stomach flu, but due to her nursing skills; Christa realised that Elijah had food poisoning from the food.

Hey everyone, it’s Camilla. Elijah is still not feeling well. Also, I just realised that if you count Phoenix and Christa as a couple and then add everyone together; we are the only eight survivors. It’s weird to think about it in those terms. Well, I have to go now. Byeee!

Is this still on? Okay. Hi, it’s me T.J. and I have some exciting news… we found Sora!!! I am so happy that we found him and now we are one big group together. But, we need to find more survivors before we move onto the next site.

Zhane here! I am so ready to get outta here and to the safe haven. We’ve out on the journey for 3 weeks now. When will it end?!? I just want to go home…

After a while, Phoenix had grabbed the camera to take pictures; but then the zombie horde was just hundreds of feet away from their campsite. So the group had set back onto their journey towards the safe haven, and then they ended up being 5 hours away from the horde by the time they got to the new site. Désiree later found some guns that belonged to a group of hunters that were infected.
Old 31-01-2016, 07:19 AM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..so sorry, I've only just seen this chapter Josiah...and another great chapter indeed...when I read your story, it always makes me think of The Walking Dead but with a completely different perspective of young people and their relationships/dynamics etc and all 'typical young things' from before 'the survivors'....that's something that I particularly like with this, it gives it the two stories really of all of the 'teenage angst' type things, plus obviously the zombies....I can't recall that being done before so, so original and interesting...well done Josiah, this is something that I love reading....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:28 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah. View Post
Tom, I wrote Ghosted back in 2013; and it's very different (especially when there is a collective 21 chapters between all three parts).

Thank You
Josiah
for being Honest
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
3part, drama, ghosted, story