Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 17-06-2015, 11:29 AM #26
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Small interview with Nomura
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/0...-announcement/
Old 17-06-2015, 11:30 AM #27
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
There were a few factors that played into that, the main one being the last CEO was a nutjob.
He must have been for not starting a FF7 remake but having TWO sequels to XIII. A FF7 remake is surely a guaranteed goldmine? And with a huge chunk of the work already done! The entirety of the story and art concept. Then again, I don't think the PS3 gen had the oomph to do it justice so probably better timed now.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 11:36 AM #28
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
He must have been for not starting a FF7 remake but having TWO sequels to XIII. A FF7 remake is surely a guaranteed goldmine? And with a huge chunk of the work already done! The entirety of the story and art concept. Then again, I don't think the PS3 gen had the oomph to do it justice so probably better timed now.
We definately should be glad it's happening now, Square is really getting back on its feet, this E3 showed what Square is focusing on now, RPGs. FFXIV is probably one of the best FF games since IX and it's an MMO, XV has only been in development since late 2013 and its already starting to look complete.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:49 AM #29
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
We definately should be glad it's happening now, Square is really getting back on its feet, this E3 showed what Square is focusing on now, RPGs. FFXIV is probably one of the best FF games since IX and it's an MMO, XV has only been in development since late 2013 and its already starting to look complete.
I tried to get into xiv last year but couldn't. To much grid and not enough sorry to make it worth playing mostly solo and I don't have enough time to dedicate to an MMO to get into the social aspect which i guess is the entire point of playing an online game...

Plus my character looked like a sex predator
Old 17-06-2015, 11:50 AM #30
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

MMOs arent for everyone the story of it is pretty damn good though xD
Old 06-12-2015, 01:16 AM #31
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 06-12-2015, 08:58 AM #32
-

-

I came.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:57 AM #33
Banned

Banned

Yeah, this is definitely coming out in 2017 I think. A lot of people are whining about the battle system but I think it looks good from the small snippets we've seen. the movement of it reminds me of Lightning Returns which isn't a bad thing since that game's battle system was sensational. I just hope we can switch characters in battle.

The main reason why XV's taken nine years is because it played second fiddle to every FF game going and they had to start over when they decided to rebrand it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:39 PM #34
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Yeah, this is definitely coming out in 2017 I think. A lot of people are whining about the battle system but I think it looks good from the small snippets we've seen. the movement of it reminds me of Lightning Returns which isn't a bad thing since that game's battle system was sensational. I just hope we can switch characters in battle.

The main reason why XV's taken nine years is because it played second fiddle to every FF game going and they had to start over when they decided to rebrand it.
Plus its not being made on its own engine, which speeds up development a lot. XV should have probably done the same lol.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:12 PM #35
-

-

Quote:
I don't understand why people would want it to be the PS1 FFVII ATB system with a graphical upgrade... if you want identical gameplay, just play that version. I still replay it every few years, the graphics have a nostalgic charm that I think has actually aged alright. Better than VIII or IX, maybe even X and XII. I would play it even if it was pure ARPG, so long as the locations, characters and storylines are intact which (from what we've seen) they seem to be... it looks like quite a faithful update of the scenery. A bit disappointed that Barret seems to be more "Blade" than "Mr. T", but then I don't think they REALLY intended Mr. T in the first place .

I'm not hugely bothered by actually SWITCHING characters - what I think would be awesome, is an action-based system for Cloud with sword (and others when they take over for a bit... Sephiroth in the flashbacks for example... and Tifa when Cloud starts drooling) with the others auto-fighting and alongside it, a "pause" system that would then bring up the classic menu where you could control any of the three characters other actions like magic, summons, steal, limit break etc. (with three little ATB style bars in the corner to show you when a character is ready to use such an action).

Would be a great way to merge old (control) and new (style / action) IMO...
Old 07-12-2015, 12:28 AM #36
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I love how tonally similar the remake looks

Also, the VII re release on the PS4 comes with this sweet theme
Old 07-12-2015, 12:55 AM #37
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Good lord.

So this is what a mental boner feels like.

I guess i have to buy PS4 then.

Last edited by Calderyon; 07-12-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:11 AM #38
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released in multiple parts.

According to Square, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be "told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

No additional details were provided, including any kind of price or release timing for part one.

Yesterday, Square Enix revealed some beautiful new footage, and you can check out our Rewind Theater for analysis and details.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/0...ti-part-series
Old 07-12-2015, 03:05 AM #39

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):

Hahaha, like the Telltale games? If so then wow, way to kill the hype.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:58 AM #40
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I can understand that, the game is too big to basically fit into a single release, without cutting anything out, I dont think it will be along the lines of Telltale, more Half Life I think.

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series. Please tell us more about this decision.

Kitase: “The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy VII would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning. We still can’t share more information about its multiple parts, but please look forward to future announcements.”

Nomura: “If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarized. We’d have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts.

Kitase: “As you can see in the trailer, we showed Sector 1 and Sector 8, but in those areas alone, I think you can see a lot of density. When you’re remaking the entirety of the original version in that quality, it’s not possible to fit it all in one release.”
Nova Crystalis

Last edited by Scarlett.; 07-12-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:02 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Oh god, I hope it's not Telltale styled, I'm not waiting a year for all the parts to be released so I can play the damn thing. It better be like RE Revelations when it was all said and done in 2-3 months.

I question their logic regarding this decision, are they honestly trying to say they couldn't fit it on two discs? This is a cash grab and nothing more.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:44 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If the game is too big then give us two discs or two or more digital downloads. If it will take too long to release the game in full then they shouldn't have announced it as early as they did. I've never bought into the multiple part/episodic format in the past and I certainly won't be starting with this. I'll wait for the inevitable "complete edition" then go from there in deciding whether or not I think it's worth it.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:20 AM #43
-

-

This feels like a hype cash grab to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if each part, if there are say 3 parts, is almost full-game price OR if it's more like 5 parts I could see each hitting the Ł19.99 mark (to total Ł100+).

I will obviously still play it, but will probably now wait until it's all released and the inevitable "bundle" price has dropped to a reasonable level. On principle more than anything else really.

Unless it's getting glowing reviews in which case, who am I kidding, I'll get the digital downloads on release. *sigh*.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:50 PM #44
Banned

Banned

I've made peace with the fact that it's gonna be episodic, Apparently the Midgar section alone is going to be huge since they're adding a crapton more areas to it. As long as we don't have to wait too long between episodes and we can backtrack to previous areas then I'll be fine with it.

I won't bother buying it until the complete version comes out but I'll be buying it at any rate.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:06 PM #45
-

-

Quote:
As long as ... we can backtrack to previous areas then I'll be fine with it.
See, this is sort of worrying me though...

"Told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

It sort of makes it sound like each entry will be a standalone entity and it might not be that all eventually combine into one huge game with a tonne of assets - but rather that each will be a separate game that doesn't require the previous ones installed to function, which would mean the assets from previous games not needing to be on the system, which would mean limited backtracking...

It's not a massive issue for the supposed first entry as Midgar WAS pretty much "locked out" for most of the game after the opening few hours set there... but unsure how it works for the rest of the game? We'll see, I guess...
Old 08-12-2015, 09:58 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
See, this is sort of worrying me though...

"Told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

It sort of makes it sound like each entry will be a standalone entity and it might not be that all eventually combine into one huge game with a tonne of assets - but rather that each will be a separate game that doesn't require the previous ones installed to function, which would mean the assets from previous games not needing to be on the system, which would mean limited backtracking...

It's not a massive issue for the supposed first entry as Midgar WAS pretty much "locked out" for most of the game after the opening few hours set there... but unsure how it works for the rest of the game? We'll see, I guess...
When it comes to the story, I can kind of see what they mean by each part potentially having their own story since each disc in the original FFVII had it's own arc that tied everything together.

Spoiler:

Disc 1 - Aeris' storyline, chasing Sephiroth across the world to figure out his plan.

Disc 2 - Attempting to stop Sephiroth from summoning Meteor and failing, Cloud dealing with his issues and the search for Holy and a way to stop Meteor.

Disc 3 - The group accepts they can't do anything to stop Meteor from falling and endeavor to defeat Sephiroth as a last ditch attempt. I can see SE potentially adding side stories at this point for each character and how they come to the realization that they want to fight Sephiroth regardless.

If it releases in three parts it can retain the story format from the original, they'd just have to add more content to Disc 3. I have read reports that state that each part will be big enough to be it's own game which suggests that they'll keep the structure from the original.

My guess for backtracking and the World Map is that it'll fit together like a puzzle, If you just have Part 1, you may be able to see the World Map in full but places like Mideel or a large part of the Northern Continent but even if you could get there, there wouldn't be anything to do there since the data for those areas would come in the later parts. I think that would be okay since it's not possible to get to those areas legitimately in Disc 1 anyway. Part 1 would come with the World Map and all the areas you can access in Disc 1, Part 2 will fill in the rest of the areas since the map opens up in Disc 2 and I'm guessing that, for Part 3, it would just come with a bunch events and any sidequests that weren't covered in Part/Disc 2.

I'd be okay with that, still wouldn't bother playing it until every part's available but I could live with that.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:14 PM #47
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

A message from Yoshinori Kitase
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/fi...shinori-kitase

I'm glad they know about the reactions, I think being split into different parts will end up helping the game, making it so they dont have to keep reusing assets ect.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:31 PM #48
Banned

Banned

I don't think it'll be split into many parts either if each part will have as much content as they say. I think they'll do two or three parts max.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:33 PM #49
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Square Enix has clarified the episodic structure of its Final Fantasy 7 Remake, stating it will be comprised of multiple, full-sized games instead of a series of smaller episodes.

The details were revealed in the latest issue of Game Informer, in which producer Yoshinori Kitase said the development team was using Final Fantasy XIII series, which encompassed a total of three games, as the model.

"This reimagined epic will be the next core Final Fantasy instalment--or rather, instalments," Game Informer's writer states. "When the project was first announced, people were confused by its multi-part nature, but the goal is to structure it more like Final Fantasy XIII than an episodic series."

Kitase adds: "It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each instalment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory in a sense."

"Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn't really make sense if that isn't encompassed in a multi-part series... So if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

Continuing, the cover feature reiterates previous statements that Square Enix is taking some liberties with the story to modernise it.

"I, along with [Tetsuya] Nomura-san and [Kazushige] Nojima-san--who are involved with the remake--were also involved with the original Final Fantasy," Kitase said. "We were the people who created it, so in that sense, we don't think anything is untouchable. That isn't to say we're changing everything!"

As of yet, the first entry in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series has not been given a release date. The next game in the series, Final Fantasy 15, will launch on September 30.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:08 AM #50
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I wonder if they'll take this segment out of the remake?

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
announced, fantasy, final, remake, vii